Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interesting survey in WDS

Just came back from another DLP/WDS trip. When leaving the Art of Animation attraction in the Walt Disney Studios, I was asked by a cast member if I wanted to participate in a survey. The survey was quite interesting I though, that's why I wanted to share it here.
    First question was how I rated the Art of Animation attraction on a scale from great to below moderate (I can't recall the exact words). I answered moderate. Then came the interesting question:'"What movie/serie franchises do you know". They then mentioned a short list of movie/series names which where:
    - The Twilight Zone
    - Indiana Jones
    - Dexter
    - Lost
    - Star Trek (I think it was Star Trek, instead of Star Wars)
    Then they played a tune to me and asked me if I knew what it was. The tune was from the Twilight Zone. Then they asked me if I had been on the Tower of Terror.

So what do you think, do you think Disney is thinking about adding something in the parks from the franchises listed above?

• Ravenclaw

Re: Interesting survey in WDS

I'm all for Star Trek, just saying.

Add me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000478611833
    Or Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/disneysroyal411
    Add me on skype! I'm michael.good411
    Add me on Xbox Live- royalfool101
    Add me on PSN- royalfool101

• Minion

That was interesting, thank you! If they were to add another Twilight Zone attraction, i'd be impressed, there's literally endless scope for one, afterall Rod Serling wrote nearly all original 157 episodes.

As for the others mentioned, i'd like to see no other franchises added to WDS, they should add an IJA next to IJ:ELTDP.

I can speculate where they might put the attraction though Armageddon replacement anyone?

• Not here to help

To me it sounds like they want to know if people know The Twilight Zone show. It was a while ago but the TOT is still regarded as somewhat new ride in WDS. TOT as a ride could get a change of theme easy...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneysroyal411 View Post
    I'm all for Star Trek, just saying.
    I am not. Disney needs to work with their own brand and stop seeking outside ones like Marvel. If this path is followed, soon enough the Disney parks won't have much Disney in them.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    To me it sounds like they want to know if people know The Twilight Zone show. It was a while ago but the TOT is still regarded as somewhat new ride in WDS. TOT as a ride could get a change of theme easy...
    I suspect that this is close to the truth
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    I suspect that this is close to the truth
    Hope not, that'd be a poor move.

• Senior Minion

I doubt they will re-theme TOT, I just mean that this survey was probably them checking that The Twilight Zone is still in the public conciousness.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

It could be that this survey was to check if people really know what the Twilight Zone theme is. However, I was surprised they mentioned franchises like Dexter, Lost and Star Trek, of which nothing is in the parks yet.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I am not. Disney needs to work with their own brand and stop seeking outside ones like Marvel. If this path is followed, soon enough the Disney parks won't have much Disney in them.
    You must be joking right? I am fed up of them cramming synergy down our throats. When I became a park fan it was nothing to do with Disney branding other than being a hallmark of quality. Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, PotC, HM, Country Bears, IASW, Carousel of Progress, Epcot - none of these really had anything to do with Disney other than being created as their own unique entities. That is what I would really like. But if it is a choice between TSPL, Crush Coaster, Stitch Live, Playhouse Disney Live or ToT - Tot wins, and it is not because of the thrill, but the richly themed environments.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by erider View Post
    It could be that this survey was to check if people really know what the Twilight Zone theme is. However, I was surprised they mentioned franchises like Dexter, Lost and Star Trek, of which nothing is in the parks yet.
    Hmmmm, a Dexter attraction? Call me old fashioned but I would not like to see an attraction about a serial murderer in a Disney park.

Disney did not do it, but there have been Star Trek attractions in other parks over the years - Paramount parks, Universal Studios Hollywood, Germany's now closed Space Park, and of course the Star Trek experience at Las Vegas.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    You must be joking right? I am fed up of them cramming synergy down our throats. When I became a park fan it was nothing to do with Disney branding other than being a hallmark of quality. Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, PotC, HM, Country Bears, IASW, Carousel of Progress, Epcot - none of these really had anything to do with Disney other than being created as their own unique entities. That is what I would really like. But if it is a choice between TSPL, Crush Coaster, Stitch Live, Playhouse Disney Live or ToT - Tot wins, and it is not because of the thrill, but the richly themed environments.
    Excellent point, and my thoughts exactly! I believe Expedition Everest was the last non-brand-related ride WDI created. And Grizzly Peak (or whatever its called) and Mystic Point in HKDL will be original creations as well I believe (and hope). Just as it should be.
    Check out my collection of self-made Disney Theme Park Designs at http://www.themeparkdesign.be

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    Hmmmm, a Dexter attraction? Call me old fashioned but I would not like to see an attraction about a serial murderer in a Disney park.
    Since there are soldiers and snipertowers in WDS, a murderer would be a natural addition.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Since there are soldiers and snipertowers in WDS, a murderer would be a natural addition.
    Well its toy story so kids wont see a bad side of it well not Hopefully!
    When i saw dexter i was like hmmm whats that doing there thats a adult programme to me!
    ill be very disappointed if they change ToT because its great the ride and its been there for not look i say!
    Amargeddon i call for a new disney ride/show :Pi
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Pirate - G'har!

Very interesting. I don't think they're planning a Dexter attraction, just trying to get their finger on the pulse. However, this survey seems to list things that are - to my mind anyway - ultimately more popular in the US than Europe (e.g. Dexter, Lost); perhaps this is the purpose. Who knows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast