Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: New attractions (2011 - 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I assume (if the rumour`s true) that would be in either Main Street or Fantasyland?
    You're right. It would replace Fantasy Festival Stage in Fantasyland.
    Last edited by ulpaco; 08-29-2010 at 03:08 AM.

Star Tours is now rumored to close in October or November 2010.
    Chewbacca will appear from September in the park.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ulpaco View Post
    Thanks

I'm sad though, I didn't get my last flight (if its not general refurb, which'd be silly with Star Tours 2 on the horizon) because I am fond of Star Tours.

i ve even heard that DLP would host a kind of '' Last ride to the Moon of Endor '' event .
    HKDL : Done !!!

Phantom Manor and Pirates of the Caribbean are rumored to be updated in 2012.

Big Thunder Mountain as well even if it's kinda weird... According to what I've read, they will change lights and put some new effects but it's only a rumour. It's kind of hard to believe... but why not?

• Minion

True, I hope they don't ruin PotC or PM.

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Big Thunder Mountain as well even if it's kinda weird... According to what I've read, they will change lights and put some new effects but it's only a rumour. It's kind of hard to believe... but why not?
    BTM and all around the Rivers of Far West needs fixing and a lot of paint badly.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

For Phantom Manor, they will keep the storyline. They will just add new effects and maybe a new scene but nothing sure for the moment.

I think it's a good thing to update attractions... For instance the Haunted Mansion seems to be awesome ! They can put some new effects like what they did for the Snow White's ride at Disneyland Resort... which it's not expensive but we really need some new rides especially a new D or E-ticket ride for the Disneyland Park ! Guests want to have new attractions. Does anyone really think people will come for two new AA at Pirates of the Caribbean? I don't think so... They come for a new land, a new attraction or a new park but not for some updates... So if there are only some updates scheduled for the 20th anniversary, guests won't come till the opening of the ratatouille ride (wich it supposed to open like the Tower of Terror so not during the year of the anniversary...)

• Hitchhiker

They can put some new effects like what they did for the Snow White's ride at Disneyland Resort... which it's not expensive but we really need some new rides especially a new D or E-ticket ride for the Disneyland Park !
    Hmm.. speaking of which, Snow white attraction closed this week and stays closed until 6th of October. That's a lot of time for regular maintenance..
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Minion

For Phantom Manor, they will keep the storyline. They will just add new effects and maybe a new scene but nothing sure for the moment.

I think it's a good thing to update attractions... For instance the Haunted Mansion seems to be awesome ! They can put some new effects like what they did for the Snow White's ride at Disneyland Resort... which it's not expensive but we really need some new rides especially a new D or E-ticket ride for the Disneyland Park ! Guests want to have new attractions. Does anyone really think people will come for two new AA at Pirates of the Caribbean? I don't think so... They come for a new land, a new attraction or a new park but not for some updates... So if there are only some updates scheduled for the 20th anniversary, guests won't come till the opening of the ratatouille ride (wich it supposed to open like the Tower of Terror so not during the year of the anniversary...)
    Thats my biggest concern, Phantom Manor and Pirates are pretty much complete as they are. I don't think Phantom Manor needs a new scene, nor does Pirates need changing in any way, since its the better realised version of Marc Davis sketches IMO, even if its backwards.

Guests will be waiting for Ratatouile, I know I am at the very least. Thanks for the info though

Your welcome !

Ratatouille ride really seems to be amazing but I just hope it's not going to be the only new attraction for the 20th anniversary of Disneyland Paris.

Actually your right Zarniwoop. We can expect some few changes for Snow White's ride but it's more a rehabilitation to improve the security in order to improve the boarding... But we'll maybe have the same new effects as Disneyland Resort got now.

Ratatouille ride really seems to be amazing but I just hope it's not going to be the only new attraction for the 20th anniversary of Disneyland Paris.
    Ratatouille's ride will probably officially open in 2013 so that it won't open for the 20th anniversary because I'm sure that the 20th anniversary won't be extended. I think that Ratatouille's ride is the only real new attraction for 2011-2013.

• Banned User

Can we please change the "News" label of this thread to "Rumor". It's a rumor until Disney confirms it.

Ratatouille's ride will probably officially open in 2013 so that it won't open for the 20th anniversary because I'm sure that the 20th anniversary won't be extended. I think that Ratatouille's ride is the only real new attraction for 2011-2013.

That's why I've said : "So if there are only some updates scheduled for the 20th anniversary, guests won't come till the opening of the ratatouille ride (wich it supposed to open like the Tower of Terror so not during the year of the anniversary...)"

I just hope we will have Ratatouille + a D or E-ticket ride.

Just to compare :

Disneyland Resort : Star Tours 2, World of Color, The Little Mermaid : Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Carsland and some changes...

Walt Disney World Resort : Fantasyland expansion

Tokyo Disney Resort : Cinderella's Fairy Tale Hall, Mickey's Philharmagic, Toy Story Mania and Fantasmic

Disneyland Paris : nothing official

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort : Toy Story Land, Grizzly Trail and Mystic Point.

Every Disney Resorts going to have something great contrary to Disneyland Paris !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast