Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post New attractions (2011 - 2013)

-In 2011 will open a meet and greet in Fantasyland. It will replace It's a Small World's post show.
    -Mickey's Theater, another meet'n'greet, is rumored to open in 2011. It would replace Fantasy Festival Stage.

Star Tours 2 will maybe open in 2011.

Phantom Manor and Pirates of the Caribbean are rumored to be updated in 2012.

Unfortunately, Spectromagic is rumored to replace Fantillusion (They'd better build new attractions).

No real new attraction for the Disneyland Park (What a shame!).

Nothing has been officially announced. That's something I don't understand. Every Disney Resort around the world announces its future attractions !
    Last edited by ulpaco; 09-07-2010 at 07:02 AM.

• Minion

Re: New attractions (2011 - 2013)

Thanks, but... I enjoyed IASW's post show, with the kids from around the globe talking to each other using the technology, it was good! I think Meet 'n' greats are too American.

Atleast ST2 is dubbed for 2012, atleast I can ride it as ST1 next year

and welcome to MC!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

In 2011 will open a meet and greet in Fantasyland. It will replace It's a Small World's post show.
    This is correct and the post show is already closed. So no chance of saying your final goodbyes. Apparently the new meet and greet will be Princess themed. And part of next years Magical Moments Festival. No I'm not making this stuff up.

Star Tours 2 will maybe open during spring 2012.
    I'm sure at some point unless WDI screw it up (possible) Star Tours 2 will have to come to Disneyland Paris. Same with Tokyo Disneyland, although no time frame confirmed. Would make a great opening attraction for the 20th Anniversary.

Unfortunately, Spectromagic is rumored to replace Fantillusion (They'd better build new attractions).
    Interesting to see if there is any truth to this rumour or if the fans are just speculating because the Electrical Parade is staying in Orlando for now. I hope this rumour is not true as Spectromagic features 20 units and several more performers compared to Fantillusion's 9 units and only a hand full of performers. If it ends up going to DLP it will end up being butchered like Fantillusion did when it left Tokyo.

Nothing has been officially announced. That's something I don't understand. Every Disney Resort around the world announces its future attractions !
    There is a lot I don't understand about Disneyland Paris and its decision making. Its obvious Ratatouille is coming, but no annoucement was made at the opening of TSPL this week. Welcome to the boards by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    This is correct and the post show is already closed. So no chance of saying your final goodbyes. Apparently the new meet and greet will be Princess themed. And part of next years Magical Moments Festival. No I'm not making this stuff up.
    Just what the park needs right, another piece of valuable real estate dedicated to the princesses. And how well placed this is, within the IASM area and all. Perhaps a forebearing that the Disney characters are close to invading this IASM-version too?

Check out my collection of self-made Disney Theme Park Designs at http://www.themeparkdesign.be

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Rabbit View Post
    Just what the park needs right, another piece of valuable real estate dedicated to the princesses. And how well placed this is, within the IASM area and all. Perhaps a forebearing that the Disney characters are close to invading this IASM-version too?
    The new exit of It's a Small World is the old emergency exit. I think the parisian resort has other priorities than putting Disney characters in It's a Small World (because it is not necessary). The resort needs to spend money on what is really important.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ulpaco View Post
    The new exit of It's a Small World is the old emergency exit. I think the parisian resort has other priorities than putting Disney characters in It's a Small World (because it is not necessary). The resort needs to spend money on what is really important.
    Completely agree Maintenance, sorting guests out, then adding worthwhile additions. Not ruining an aspect of the best IASW.

I am sorry to hear that the Small World post-show is gone. My mom and I were pleasantly surprised by how cute it was and spent a good amount of time looking in each building and talking about what country it represented. I don't have anything against a princess meet and greet however. I think more meet and greets are needed at DLRP because of how people just mob the characters and not wait their turn. However, I thought the side of the castle stage was used for princess meet and greets. Is that area going to be opened up for a show?

Sara S.
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

• FuseMP

Wow, we were at DLRP week before last and on the first couple of days the post show was open and we went through it and the next it wasn't. I just figured it was getting a cleaning and not being closed. On the basis that I think we rode IASW every day we were there, we must have gone through on it's final day.

Have to say that while it was nicely done, it was something I usually walked straight past and out; nothing I will especially miss.
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Minion

My point is, if the remove each "extra" the park has, it'll become like every other Disney resort, which is fairly pointless, That was a fun addition to IASW, in the same way the Star Tours Arcade post show was great before it was made mediocre, average and generic.

• Dancing through life

Quote Originally Posted by Joelio View Post
    My point is, if the remove each "extra" the park has, it'll become like every other Disney resort, which is fairly pointless, That was a fun addition to IASW, in the same way the Star Tours Arcade post show was great before it was made mediocre, average and generic.
    It thought Walt Disney was keen for plussing attractions. This seems like minusing. First Star Tours loses its themed post show for a boring arcade then It's a Small world loses its very well themed post show for a meet 'n' greet area. Why not just build something new if they want a meet 'n' greet area, I know space is limited but there IS space around.

There is no problem of space for the Disneyland Park because it was supposed to welcome for instance Splash Mountain or the Little Mermaid ride... I just think the reason is that is less expensive because they don't have to build something new...

Mickey's House, another meet'n'greet, is rumored to open next year in Disneyland Paris.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
    It thought Walt Disney was keen for plussing attractions. This seems like minusing. First Star Tours loses its themed post show for a boring arcade then It's a Small world loses its very well themed post show for a meet 'n' greet area. Why not just build something new if they want a meet 'n' greet area, I know space is limited but there IS space around.
    Exactly, and thats a shame. Maybe with ST2 they'll add a refreshing new arcade, or something more interesting in the post-show. As for this IASW meet and greet, it doesn't seem temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by ulpaco View Post
    Mickey's House, another meet'n'greet, is rumored to open next year in Disneyland Paris.
    I assume (if the rumour`s true) that would be in either Main Street or Fantasyland?

• Cool Yule

^I guess there's plenty of room to add Maison du Mickey in Fantasyland. They could probably put it on the patch of land that the Beauty and the Beast dark ride was earmarked for (opposite small world).

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast