Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Re: Toy Story Playland : The road leading to the Ratatouille dark ride

I am no longer holding my breath. It seems that Disney have radically reduced the budget on Mystic Manner at HKDL, and scrapped the trackless sytem there. I will be very surprised to see Rat as great as we hope for.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Euro Disney and The Walt Disney Company know that european guests are very demanding, so this park needs an E-ticket which is very very good because this park has a lack of family E-tickets (Ratatouille will be the first family E-ticket of the Walt Disney Studios Park!) and so its lack of interest for families because... Toy Story Playland's rides are carnival rides.
    Last edited by ulpaco; 08-26-2010 at 01:09 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ulpaco View Post
    Euro Disney and The Walt Disney Company know that european guests are very demanding, so this park needs an E-ticket which is very very good to compensate for its lack of family E-tickets (Ratatouille will be the first E-ticket of the Walt Disney Studios Park!) and so its lack of interest for families because... Toy Story Playland's rides are carnival rides.
    2nd E-Ticket beind ToT. They'd better not drop the ball on this one.

Sorry I meant family E-ticket.

• Minion

Sorry I meant family E-ticket.
    No need to apologise. I hope they can make it a reality though

• The Study of Wumbo

Well, this better be a commitment to this attraction. Now, if it gets canceled, there'll be a random Ratatouille street lying around.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    Well, this better be a commitment to this attraction. Now, if it gets canceled, there'll be a random Ratatouille street lying around.
    It won't be cancelled.

• Not here to help

Euro Disney and The Walt Disney Company know that european guests are very demanding, so this park needs an E-ticket which is very very good because this park has a lack of family E-tickets (Ratatouille will be the first family E-ticket of the Walt Disney Studios Park!) and so its lack of interest for families because... Toy Story Playland's rides are carnival rides.
    Disney knows europeans are NOT demanding. That is why they built TSPL in WDS. They did not only get away with it but the fans online seme to have swallowed everything that Disney offered when it comes to cheap thrills in WDS and TSPL. If they build a great ride next it is not because eurpeans demand it. It is because WDS is the WORST themepark Disney ever built.

HKDL is getting Toy Story Land... but it will also be getting two other lands. It is not because the fans in China demand it but rather because it just doesn´t work the way it is now. They simply had no choice.

The people in Japan are demanding like no other. Not only when it comes to themeparks but in every aspect of life. They seek perfection and the highest level of service. They get it in Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySEA.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 08-26-2010 at 07:12 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Disney knows europeans are NOT demanding. That is why they built TSPL in WDS. They did not only get away with it but the fans online seme to have swallowed everything that Disney offered when it comes to cheap thrills in WDS and TSPL. If they build a great ride next it is not because eurpeans demand it. It is because WDS is the WORST themepark Disney ever built.

HKDL is getting Toy Story Land... but it will also be getting two other lands. It is not because the fans in China demand it but rather because it just doesn´t work the way it is now. They simply had no choice.

The people in Japan are demanding like no other. Not only when it comes to themeparks but in every aspect of life. They seek perfection and the highest level of service. They get it in Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySEA.
    Although I agree with you that it seems that European fans are happy with everything new that gets built in DLP, I also think that it wouldn't be this way if ED SCA wouldn't have any finacial problems. If Disney would have made profit from the first year, we would have seen a better second gate and not such bad things like TSPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Although I agree with you that it seems that European fans are happy with everything new that gets built in DLP, I also think that it wouldn't be this way if ED SCA wouldn't have any finacial problems. If Disney would have made profit from the first year, we would have seen a better second gate and not such bad things like TSPL.

And probably a third gate because Walt Disney Studios was supposed to open in 1995...
    If ED SCA never had any financial problems Disneyland Paris would be awesome ! (Little Mermaid ride, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventures... and the Walt Disney Studios wich was supposed to open earlier wouldn't be as cheap and as bad as it is today !)

Concerning the "Paris Area" it looks great but the costuming doesn't at all. Why don't they hide it?
    Anyway, If Ratatouille is the ride for the 20th Anniversary of the park, why don't we have anything? I mean 2012 approach and there are no artworks, no announce...
    I just hope that everything will be as great as expected even if I would prefer an E-ticket for the Disneyland Park wich never had a real new attraction since Space Mountain in 1995 !
    Last edited by Vincent; 08-27-2010 at 06:47 AM.

WDS is the WORST themepark Disney ever built.
    I agree. WDS is the worst themepark Disney ever built.

• Pirate - G'har!

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    This kind of budget-related thing happened even in DLRP's golden days:

These openings - as I'm sure most of you know - were supposed to connect to the huge volcano structure that originally would have held Space Mountain and a Journey To The Centre of the Earth attraction. They're not overly offensive, and I suppose a little Ratatouille street - without an attraction - wouldn't be either, not in its current state of course but with a bit of scenery. I like to think they have some grand Pixar master-plan for this side of the park, and genuinely wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. That doesn't mean it'll be good of course.

• Membre

That looks very nice, thanks. I'll visit in september.

• Bangarang!

Previously I've found myself disagreeing with your opinion on Playland, but this time I agree with all of the above.

Especially the "worst" tag for WDS.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Ratatouille wasn`t exactly put in due to DLP wishing to build a big E-ticket, at least what I think. When you think about it, Ratatouille was, like, one of Disney`s most succesful films ever released in France.

Ratatouille (2007) - International Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo

See that massive portion of the overseas gross France and Germany takes up? Notice how no other country except UK comes close in it`s popularity? This is why I think using Ratatouille in DLP is a MASSIVE merchandising oppurtunity targeting locals and europeans. Much like Cars Land at DCA is going to be a MASSIVE merchandising oppurtunity since people in the U.S buy Cars toys over and over and over. Would Disney let that oppurtunity pass? Seeing how Potterland at Universal has such succesful merchandising sales, Disney would be stupid not to.

Of course, Remyland doesn`t have the same budget and size as Cars land, but if they bring a true eye-popper to WDS (which I hope the high budget and the trackless system will bring us), it will turn out a big sucess in the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12