Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Membre

Re: Euro Disney Chief Executive stated a Marvel Superheroes Park is being considered

Bad idea, IMO, I hate super heroes, and I hate Marvel.

Re: Euro Disney Chief Executive stated a Marvel Superheroes Park is being considered

The pictures do look pretty good, as far as I'm concerned. I'm just glad it's far enough away from California as possible. I could care less about them building it at DLP, but if it was here? I'd so no way! It's great that they bought Marvel, but it really has nothing to do with Disney. That's just my personal opinion, though.

• Bangarang!

Look on the bright side, he said they were considering it. For all we know, WDI could come up with something vastly superior than an all-Marvel park.

Just keep ya fingers crossed.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Look on the bright side, he said they were considering it. For all we know, WDI could come up with something vastly superior than an all-Marvel park.

Just keep ya fingers crossed.
    I don't see this happaning at all, Superhero's and the Marvel brand are very popular in the US, but not nearly as much in Europe, just look ath the box office receipts for Marvels films, a large percentage of it comes from the US market, with not nearly as much from EU.

• Bangarang!

Which is all the more reason to explore what other parks they can come up with.

There's no way that WDI or EDLI would focus on just one theme for the park in its planning stages - it creates to narrow a focus. Sure they'll probably come up with a good pitch for a Marvel park, but they'll probably present two or three other themes.

Who knows, M. Gas was probably dipping a toe in the water to see what reaction there would be to a Marvel park. So far I've not heard much positivity towards the notion.
    Now if he'd said "we love what they've done in Tokyo. I'd love it if we could emulate that" the fanboy-ether would work itself up into a right state.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Disney European Adventure!

• Bangarang!

^As much as that might be derided, I think there's a lot they could do with a park like that.

Walt Disney

• Dreamer

I don't know any European who - beyond the current superhero movies - actually reads or knows the Marvel comics, myself included. A Marvel park in DLP is a financial disaster in the making, especially with WDS not measuring up with the Disneyland Park.

They're better off building a park focusing on Duckburg since Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Scrooge McDuck comics are part of European pop culture, more so than in the US.

• ...is busy, please hold.

put a marvel superhero park where it belongs..........Hong Kong!

EuroCOT or Euro DisneySEA for DLP thank you very much.
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    This could be a very, very bad idea.

Europeans are very proud of their art, their culture, their history...which is partially why they hated on EuroDisney in the first place. They also hated the fact that the name of the park was basically saying MoneyDisney.

If Disney were to shove in Marvel characters that live in a very contemporary world (for the most part), they would really be testing the market over there. The French don't hate everything American, but there are some very nationalistic people there (as there are in all countries) and this could venture into dangerous territory. I think a Marvel park would work much better in the US...if overseas, maybe Japan.

Disney should focus on improving what's already there. Pixar won't save the parks, and neither will Marvel. Good themeing and storytelling will.

If naturally-born Disney properties must mesh with Marvel ones, then I say go for a Heroes land or Heroes park. I think it could be done...just themeing would have to be done very carefully. We'd have the city of New York in one area and then Mt. Olympus in another. Oooh...maybe a Heroes and Villains park! Or maybe both individually, but built across from each other. Now that would be cool.
    I didn't even think about this. When Baxter's WDI team designed Disneyland Paris, they worked very hard to try and make to the park as appealing to continental Europeans as possible... using a more fair-tale village inspired Fantasyland, a Jules Verne-based Tomorrow/Discoveryland inspired by French art and literature, and a Main Street and Frontierland which sought to portray a more romanticized America, as if bringing to life theway Europeans viewed the United States. And despite all of these attempts to accommodate the tastes of a European audience, the park was still a public failure.

You would think that Disney would take a hint from the Disneyland Paris and HKDL disasters. And yet a Disney's idea of building a Marvel park seems to show far less concern for appealing to regional tastes. I question how many French people actually read Marvel comic books, or even care about the Marvel characters. I'm guessing not that many. Even if this park were to be opened in WDW, I think that the park would have such a limited audience that many guests would feel they could skip it.

• Minion

This is far from confirmed though guys, its still pure speculation, even if its an educated guess

I standby however and I reckon we won't be seeing a Marvel Park in Europe.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Joelio View Post
    This is far from confirmed though guys, its still pure speculation, even if its an educated guess

I standby however and I reckon we won't be seeing a Marvel Park in Europe.
    An inside friend of mine is saying something quite different. Apparently the Spinderman, Xmen and Iron Man films have done very well in Europe and this is a serious consideration as a thrill park. Bleeech (and I adore Marvel).
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    An inside friend of mine is saying something quite different. Apparently the Spiderman, Xmen and Iron Man films have done very well in Europe and this is a serious consideration as a thrill park. Bleeech (and I adore Marvel).
    The novelty of those franchises will cease faster than the park's construction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123