Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Euro Disney Chief Executive stated a Marvel Superheroes Park is being considered

Euro Disney Chief Executive Philippe Gas let it leak out that a Marvel Superhero Park is one of the considerations for Disneyland Paris' 3rd Theme Park! Out of all the news released in the last 24 hours regarding the extension granted to DLP, for expanding the resort, the real news is this quote from Euro Disney Chief Executive, about the possibility of a Marvel Park:

Philippe Gas, the chief executive of Euro Disney, said one idea for a third park is "a superheroes park" following the acquisition of Marvel by Disney - although the construction of a third park is a long-term vision. Mr Gas said there is a possibility that a decision to build a third park could come as late as 2020, although it may come earlier if planned work on the Disney Studios park is completed.
    From: Euro Disney ponders Marvel superheroes theme park - Telegraph

This is really the biggest news about the Marvel portion of Disney working with the Theme Park Division, since Disney purchase Marvel. Many have asked about how Marvel might be integrated into Disney's Parks, and this is really the first time that a high up within Disney has acknowledged something of such a grand scale. It would be interesting to know how far these plans have been developed, or if they are just looking at the now defunct plans for the Marvel Park in Dubai.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Marvel SuperHero Themed 3rd Park being Considered By DLP

Source: Telegraph.co.uk

Phillips Gas is the chief executive at the DLP resort. He has said that one idea being discussed is "a superheroes park". There are so many exciting posibilities for themed lands and attractions for such a land.

The only problem I can perceive is the fact that the marvel superheroes land at Islands of Adventure would negate the uniqueness of such a theme at a Disney park. Also, it would be tuff to beat the Spiderman interactive, multimedia ride that is based on Marvel's most famous character.

Still, it is exciting to think about what new possibilities Disney might generate for such a park.

To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Blog Entries

Re: Marvel SuperHero Themed 3rd Park being Considered By DLP

Now that DLP CEO revealed that DLP third gate might be a Marvel Super-Heroes park, let's see how could look a park in tribute to Marvel Universe ?

Yesterday's announcement by DLP CEO Philippe Gas in the Telegraph article that DLP's third park could be a Marvel super-heroes theme park was a clap of thunder in DLP fans community. And of course everyone is now talking about it. Some like the idea, others hate it, and if you want my opinion here it is: i think it could be a good idea for a land, even a big one, but not for a whole park.

But the good question is: how a Marvel theme park could look? Universal Islands of Adventure have indeed Marvel Super-Heroes Island, but it's just a land. The only full park project of a Marvel theme park was designed for Dubai, and not by WDI. The park was never built at Dubai but, still, i thought it could be interesting to have a look to this project, not perfect, but with good ideas, some of them could even be good enough to find a place in DLP's third park...if Disneyland Paris executives don't change their mind about the theme in the meantime. This third gate, as Philippe Gas said to the Telegraph is envisioned for 2020, may be a bit before if everything goes well with WDS extension.

So, late 2007, well before Disney acquired Marvel, United Arab Emirate-based Al Ahli Group and Marvel Entertainment, Inc. announced a partnership that will bring Marvel's full library of Super Heroes - including Spider-Man, Iron Man, The X-Men, Incredible Hulk, The Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer - to Dubai for a major new theme park destination being developed by AAG. The Marvel Super-Heroes theme park project was supposed to open in 2011 with an investment of over $1 billion USD but most of the Dubai World projects are now on hold....

The creative team who designed the park, in this case not WDI Imagineers but "great creative minds from around the globe" is based in Hollywood, Orlando and Dubai. When the project was announced the press release said that "New technology and unparalleled visitor experiences will be the hallmark of the theme park creating a new standard for theme parks around the world".

Thanks to Randy, a Disney and more faithful reader whom i thanks a lot, i've found some great artwork related to this theme park. All of the concept-arts below were designed by Chimera Design company who did a fantastic job as you will see. Unfortunately i don't have a lot of details about the rides but what we can see on the pictures give some indications.

Most of Marvel super-heroes will have their own attractions including the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, X-Men, Silver Surfer and of course Spiderman in what will be probably a different ride than the Spiderman ride at Universal Islands of Adventure. Also, according to a a recent post of Brady Mac Donald of the L.A Times "Off-site testing has already begun on three of the planned attractions: "Flying with Spidey", "Fantasticar" and "X-Men: Danger Room".

The first picture above shows the entrance of the park. Below, a night view as well as the map of the park with the four lands "City of Super-Heroes", "Oasis of Magic", "Marvel's Mythic Mountain", "Nick Neighborhood" and "Crater Lake" at the center of the park. As you can see on the night view, many coasters were envisioned for this park.

Although it's strictly my own personal deduction, this next artwork shows very probably the "City of Super-Heroes" land - and yes, it's a Wow!

This next rendering is apparently showing the arrival in the "City"...

And, as we can check on the night view above this great building with the Fantastic Four logo is located at the entrance of the "City of Super-Heroes".

The artwork below shows a 3D (4D ?) movie attraction with all Marvel famous super-heroes.

This next artwork may show a show. Does someone identify who is the character in the center of the picture?

On the next artwork, obviously a Spiderman attraction - probably the one called "Flying with Spidey" - Spiderman is fighting with the Green Goblin and Dr Octopus. As we can see on the picture, the guests are not seated inside a vehicle (like IOA Spiderman ride). It could be a simulator attraction...or a free fall one like the Tower of Terror...or something totally new!

But in this next ride where we can see the Electro character, guests ARE seated in a vehicle which very probably is moving inside a decor - could it be an attraction using the same technique "decor+3D rear projection" like in the IOA Spiderman ride?

In other areas of the park - probably in the "Oasis of Magic" land - guests will find lush vegetation.

Even with my talent for deduction, i really can't guess what the next artwork is showing. Anyone can guess?

This next artwork, according to the night view and the park's map probably shows the entrance of the "Nick Neighborhood" land.

Below, the incredibly spectacular entrance of the "Stark Laboratories" and the Iron Man attraction. Another big Wow! A closer look reveals a "Rocket Jets"-like attraction and a coaster-like attraction on the top of it.

The artwork below might show a free fall attraction - or may be it's a new type of coaster designed by Mauher & Sohne - and it looks like it goes down right inside the water of Crater Lake! Is such a thing possible!?!

Yes, it is possible!.. as a roller coaster going under water already exist in Japan. The picture below looks similar with the idea for the ride above.

Although you must remember that what you've seen was NOT designed by WDI - so it was NOT renderings or a description of DLP's third theme park - i think that Chimera Design who designed all these concept-arts did a brilliant job and that it helps - even if it was not their goal - to envision how a Marvel Super-Heroes theme park might look.

Now, all we have to do is to wait ten years or so to check if the Marvel Super-Heroes theme will be the final choice for DLP's third gate!

And you, what do you think, would you like to have at DLP a Marvel theme park looking like the one above?

If you enjoyed this special report, thanks for your support! Paypal donations can be sent to: [email protected]

If you're looking for a great gift to offer to anyone you love - including yourself - Alain's "Disneyland Paris, From Sketch to Reality" book with its 320 pages and 750 pictures - including 250 renderings from Walt Disney Imagineering - would be a GREAT gift for any Disney fan! Alain Littaye is the author of the acclaimed Disneyland Paris "from Sketch to Reality" book. He still have some copies of this hard to find book. and, as he is one of the two authors of the book, each copy will be sign specially for you or anyone you wish. Of course, don't forget to tell the name to whom you wish he dedicates the book.

Price for one copy of the english updated edition (with the text in english) is 87 Euros + 15 euros shipping to any country. Payment can be done with Paypal.

You can see some inside pages of the book at the link below and to order the book please email me at: [email protected]

Paypal payment can be sent to: [email protected]

Get your copy of Disneyland Paris: From Sketch To Reality HERE

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by loaloa55 View Post
    Now that DLP CEO revealed that DLP third gate might be a Marvel Super-Heroes park, let's see how could look a park in tribute to Marvel Universe ?

Yesterday's announcement by DLP CEO Philippe Gas in the Telegraph article that DLP's third park could be a Marvel super-heroes theme park was a clap of thunder in DLP fans community. And of course everyone is now talking about it. Some like the idea, others hate it, and if you want my opinion here it is: i think it could be a good idea for a land, even a big one, but not for a whole park.

But the good question is: how a Marvel theme park could look? Universal Islands of Adventure have indeed Marvel Super-Heroes Island, but it's just a land. The only full park project of a Marvel theme park was designed for Dubai, and not by WDI. The park was never built at Dubai but, still, i thought it could be interesting to have a look to this project, not perfect, but with good ideas, some of them could even be good enough to find a place in DLP's third park...if Disneyland Paris executives don't change their mind about the theme in the meantime. This third gate, as Philippe Gas said to the Telegraph is envisioned for 2020, may be a bit before if everything goes well with WDS extension.

So, late 2007, well before Disney acquired Marvel, United Arab Emirate-based Al Ahli Group and Marvel Entertainment, Inc. announced a partnership that will bring Marvel's full library of Super Heroes - including Spider-Man, Iron Man, The X-Men, Incredible Hulk, The Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer - to Dubai for a major new theme park destination being developed by AAG. The Marvel Super-Heroes theme park project was supposed to open in 2011 with an investment of over $1 billion USD but most of the Dubai World projects are now on hold....

The creative team who designed the park, in this case not WDI Imagineers but "great creative minds from around the globe" is based in Hollywood, Orlando and Dubai. When the project was announced the press release said that "New technology and unparalleled visitor experiences will be the hallmark of the theme park creating a new standard for theme parks around the world".

Thanks to Randy, a Disney and more faithful reader whom i thanks a lot, i've found some great artwork related to this theme park. All of the concept-arts below were designed by Chimera Design company who did a fantastic job as you will see. Unfortunately i don't have a lot of details about the rides but what we can see on the pictures give some indications.

Most of Marvel super-heroes will have their own attractions including the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, X-Men, Silver Surfer and of course Spiderman in what will be probably a different ride than the Spiderman ride at Universal Islands of Adventure. Also, according to a a recent post of Brady Mac Donald of the L.A Times "Off-site testing has already begun on three of the planned attractions: "Flying with Spidey", "Fantasticar" and "X-Men: Danger Room".

The first picture above shows the entrance of the park. Below, a night view as well as the map of the park with the four lands "City of Super-Heroes", "Oasis of Magic", "Marvel's Mythic Mountain", "Nick Neighborhood" and "Crater Lake" at the center of the park. As you can see on the night view, many coasters were envisioned for this park.

Although it's strictly my own personal deduction, this next artwork shows very probably the "City of Super-Heroes" land - and yes, it's a Wow!

This next rendering is apparently showing the arrival in the "City"...

And, as we can check on the night view above this great building with the Fantastic Four logo is located at the entrance of the "City of Super-Heroes".

The artwork below shows a 3D (4D ?) movie attraction with all Marvel famous super-heroes.

This next artwork may show a show. Does someone identify who is the character in the center of the picture?

On the next artwork, obviously a Spiderman attraction - probably the one called "Flying with Spidey" - Spiderman is fighting with the Green Goblin and Dr Octopus. As we can see on the picture, the guests are not seated inside a vehicle (like IOA Spiderman ride). It could be a simulator attraction...or a free fall one like the Tower of Terror...or something totally new!

But in this next ride where we can see the Electro character, guests ARE seated in a vehicle which very probably is moving inside a decor - could it be an attraction using the same technique "decor+3D rear projection" like in the IOA Spiderman ride?

In other areas of the park - probably in the "Oasis of Magic" land - guests will find lush vegetation.

Even with my talent for deduction, i really can't guess what the next artwork is showing. Anyone can guess?

This next artwork, according to the night view and the park's map probably shows the entrance of the "Nick Neighborhood" land.

Below, the incredibly spectacular entrance of the "Stark Laboratories" and the Iron Man attraction. Another big Wow! A closer look reveals a "Rocket Jets"-like attraction and a coaster-like attraction on the top of it.

The artwork below might show a free fall attraction - or may be it's a new type of coaster designed by Mauher & Sohne - and it looks like it goes down right inside the water of Crater Lake! Is such a thing possible!?!

Yes, it is possible!.. as a roller coaster going under water already exist in Japan. The picture below looks similar with the idea for the ride above.

Although you must remember that what you've seen was NOT designed by WDI - so it was NOT renderings or a description of DLP's third theme park - i think that Chimera Design who designed all these concept-arts did a brilliant job and that it helps - even if it was not their goal - to envision how a Marvel Super-Heroes theme park might look.

Now, all we have to do is to wait ten years or so to check if the Marvel Super-Heroes theme will be the final choice for DLP's third gate!

And you, what do you think, would you like to have at DLP a Marvel theme park looking like the one above?

If you enjoyed this special report, thanks for your support! Paypal donations can be sent to: [email protected]

If you're looking for a great gift to offer to anyone you love - including yourself - Alain's "Disneyland Paris, From Sketch to Reality" book with its 320 pages and 750 pictures - including 250 renderings from Walt Disney Imagineering - would be a GREAT gift for any Disney fan! Alain Littaye is the author of the acclaimed Disneyland Paris "from Sketch to Reality" book. He still have some copies of this hard to find book. and, as he is one of the two authors of the book, each copy will be sign specially for you or anyone you wish. Of course, don't forget to tell the name to whom you wish he dedicates the book.

Price for one copy of the english updated edition (with the text in english) is 87 Euros + 15 euros shipping to any country. Payment can be done with Paypal.

You can see some inside pages of the book at the link below and to order the book please email me at: [email protected]

Paypal payment can be sent to: [email protected]

Get your copy of Disneyland Paris: From Sketch To Reality HERE
    Wow! Thanx laolao for the fantastic concept renderings of what a Marvel superhero theme park might look like and have to offer. The coaster that desends beneath the water is way cool. talk about a full on thrill. 3-D/4-D movie based attractions, simulator rides, multimedia Spiderman type rides, astro orbitor looking rides, etc seem to have a tremendous potential for a superheroes centered land that would rock the universe. Though like you, I'm not so certain about a full on park.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Not here to help

as if! hahah
    look at WDS and then imagine it themed to Marvel, VOILA!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Why not rip WDS out of existence and throw it in the Twilight Zone for eternity and hope to god everyone forgets what lies opposite the most visually stunning Magic Kingdom?

• Everything's satisfactual

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    Why not rip WDS out of existence and throw it in the Twilight Zone for eternity and hope to god everyone forgets what lies opposite the most visually stunning Magic Kingdom?
    This. Quite simply, WDS Paris is the most boring park in the whole Disney world, in my opinion. Stop complaining about Disney('s) California Adventure when there is this on the other side of the world that really needs freshening up. I understand that there have been enhancements, improvements, and additions over the years, but the park is still a mess.
    Walt Disney World May 1998
    Walt Disney World May 2002
    Walt Disney World March 2003
    Walt Disney World March 2004
    Walt Disney World September 2005
    Walt Disney World March 2007
    Disneyland August 2010

Check out my YouTube channel with Disney theme park music!
    Music of the Mastro Master

Visit my Disney entertainment blog!
    Disney Entertainment History

• Senior Minion

Re: Euro Disney Chief Executive stated a Marvel Superheroes Park is being considered

If Disney are planning on moving into Marvel theme parks then DLP seems a good choice - far enough away from IOA to not get a Disney/Universal crossover.

However - my ideal 3rd Gate is still Duckburg!!!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Minion

Re: Euro Disney Chief Executive stated a Marvel Superheroes Park is being considered

Thanks for the info Alain, but after WDS has been built, i'm far less enthusiastic about a 3rd gate prospect, no matter what its going to be. ED SCA need to change the way they do things before taking on another ambitious project.

Ultimately WDS is a failure, and PD is falling into decline.

• Golden State of Mind

I gotta say until I saw those pictures I thought this would be a horrible idea.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

WOW this would be big. I hope they create one here in California. But I believe space would be an issue.

http://www.disney.parkeleven.com/ - Disneyland Resort Photos!
    http://www.hiddenmickeys.parkeleven.com - Hidden Mickeys!

First things first, WDS was forced since the contract with the goverment ordered a second gate by 2002. That was originally going to go full speed ahead as MGM Studios Paris once DLP opened, but since DLP flopped and money was low the company just made WDS as an excuse to keep the deal going and not let DLP slip into the hands of the french goverment.

Of course, the later additions are questionable and seems to be cheap fixes (though remarkably, WDS TOT is the most expensive out of all four versions), but if they say they can get investor`s money up to 8 billion euros for the future plans and the contract is expanded to 2030 at least they get time to think, develop and finance a proper expansion the resort was long asking for. No TDS or anything up to the elegance of DLParc, but something more enthusiastic than...well...WDS.

A Marvel park sounds great. Marvel merchandise could easily limit it`s sells to gift stores located there instead of squattering at DLParc`s main street. Not to mention it gives Disney a chance to work on something more "extreme". Ride-wise, of course.

Hmm. While a Marvel park is interesting, I still believe that unless they get rid of the "inside a comic" feeling that Uni has, it would not feel very unique at all. And one of the unofficial Disney park criteria is that Mickey & friends must be able to fit in the park. With this concept, how do you do that? And would it only be limited to marvel? In Paris's case, the incredibles should be over there as well

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    (though remarkably, WDS TOT is the most expensive out of all four versions)

Everyone keeps saying this, but this is not true. The one at TDS went slightly overbudget in the end and wound up costing more than $200 million (in 2006). The WDS version, which opened a year later, was estimated at $180 million. I see a $160 million tossed out for the TDS version on some sites, but this figure is not correct.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Not too excited about this... sure, the conceptt art looks cool... but it just isn't disney. It seems like too narrow of a theme, even if the comics can be anywhere, it's still focused on marvel. Disneyland isn't "Mickeyland". I think Marvel would make a great land... but a whole park? It just doesn't have the charm and elegance that most disney parks have. There's no romanticism, idealism, or nostalgia, (That I can see anyway) which all disney theme parks seem to have. Besides the fact that, as with Disneyland, They can't (SHOULDN'T) open a third gate until the second one greatly improves.

Besides the fact that if the Marvel Park is a success, we'll be seeing clones of it all around the world... but I suppose you could say that about anything. I say, if possible, keep improving WDS and plussing Disneyland Park, all while keeping a grander, new, TDS-quality vision in mind for the future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast