• Banned User

Halloween at DLP?

I'm tentatively planning to visit DLP the 2nd week in October, and was checking the official website... but there does not seem to be any information about what the resort is doing for halloween. Or maybe I did not look hard enough?
    So, does anyone have any idea what DLP may be doing for halloween during the 2nd week in October? Much appreciated.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Re: Halloween at DLP?

They will have the pumpkin men as per usual, and there is a show on the hub. That is the main info, but as per usual, you will not really know the entertainment until October for sure. DLP is rubbish about planning (or at least sharing it). Jack and Sally have a meet and greet, as will Dr Facillier from the Princess and the Frog. There are halloween character meet and greets in Frontierland and Fantasyland. The Parade will have a slight Halloween feel with a preparade. There are also some Mickey's Not Very Scary Parties on the 8th, 15, 22 and 26th October from 8pm to 11pm in Frontierland and Fantasyland. But the adult Parties are Halloween weekend at the Studios and DLP.

Disney
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Minion

I've been to DLP during Halloween before.

The resort gets dressed up (or down) with pumpkin men and witches, centering in Frontierland, when I was there, they did a daily show outside Cowboy cookout aswell as pinata based participation shows.

It was a good visit. But not something i'd do again.

Hope thats some use for you TDLFAN.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Notice that they are using Villians Mix and Mingle music in the promo clip.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Banned User

Thanks for the info everyone.

Travis.. you should know that song it's called "Halloween-lo-ween..." or something like that and it was originally used for the halloween parade in DLP years ago, long before they stole it for the dreadful Mix and Mingle show at the MK's MNSSHPs.

Baloo.. thanks for posting the link to the french page. Lucky for me, I can read it!! have to say.. does not sound as terribly exciting as DL's, HKDL's and TDR's halloween events, and those pumpking me.. they make an appearance in the HKDL parade as well.. (check out my halloween photos from HKDL). In regards to the afterhour parties .. I don't want to pay extra for just a few hours in the park. I hate it when Disney does not offer halloween at regular prices. So, I will not be doing the night time parties.

Joelio, I too have been to DLP during Halloween twice before, when they used to put on the Lights of Winter on main Street USA.. in OCT!! I was hoping for at least a totally halloween-themed parade as opposed to just an intro to the regular parade des reves.

Sorry to say my friend, DLP has been the land of cut backs. Sinc the 15th Anniversary there has not been a full on Halloween Parade, and even last year's pay party they did not even have fireworks for the first time since they began. Once again DLP is behind all the other resorts in their offerings. Though Halloween is still my favorite time at DLP.

• Banned User

I see....Hmmm...

• WDW CM & HM fan

i have heard exciting things about their halloween festivities, hence the reason why i have been planning a trip tp DLP at this time over the past 2 years. granted, I am going on Halloween, but the decorating I have seen is a lot more than what you see here in FL.
    AKA doombuggy
    1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani

• DisneyParks Fan

Exclamation Re: Halloween at DLP?

This is the Press Release for Halloween (2010) :

September 2010. London, UK: Get ready for Halloween mayhem as Disneyland Paris celebrates the spooky festival from 2 October to 1 November 2010! Visit the park and be immersed in Disney Halloweenmosphere during the New Generation Festival and meet the latest new generation Disney Villain, Dr Facilier, from the Walt Disney Pictures animated film The Princess and the Frog.
    The parks are transformed for the season and Frontierland in the Disneyland Park becomes Halloweenland with festive décor, offering a host of eerie events, including hair-raising shows, face painting and oodles of tricks and treats. Jack Skellington and Sally from Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas will captivate guests and Pumpkin People storm the park to create unique Disney style orange mischief.
    The much loved Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade gets a Halloween twist with a brand-new float, 'Dreams of Trick or Treats'. The swamp themed float hosts Disney's new generation villain, Dr Facilier on board a ghostly boat, he's joined by other Disney favourites including Ratcliffe and Shan-Yu, the Villains from Pocahontas and Mulan and Cruella de Vil.
    Pumpkin People, along with Gaston from Ratatouille and Jafar from the Disney classic, Aladdin hand out treats during the bewitching parade.
    Several times throughout the day during the Halloween season, the central stage in the Disneyland Park plays host to a Halloween spectacular with Minnie Mouse mixing up a storm with the help of the Pumpkin People. Guest appearances from the team of Disney Villains lead by Dr Facilier turn the spectacular into a spooktacular and a scare-a-licious Halloween celebration ensues.
    EXCLUSIVE DISNEY'S HALLOWEEN FESTIVAL EVENTS
    The most family fun...
    Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (£21 per person)
    8, 15, 22 and 26 October 2010 from 8 to 11 pm
    These one-of-a-kind events are perfect for children of all ages who just can't wait to get dressed up. Disney Characters and Villains will be there to create an exclusive and interactive experience of exciting and truly unforgettable moments. Guests can also access a number of attractions in Disneyland Park open especially for the grand occasion.

The most terrifying...
    Terrorific Night 2* (£24 per person)
    30 October 2010, from 9 pm to 1 am
    Prepare to face the darkest night at the Walt Disney Studios Park. Attractions are open exclusively for clients with gruesome creatures, monstrous characters and other-worldly artists haunting the abandoned park.

The most unforgettable...
    Disney's Halloween Party (£27 per person, free for children under 3)
    31 October 2010, from 8.30 pm to 1 am
    Guaranteed to be a scream and featuring a wide variety of events. Get ready for Disney's Halloween Party, the 'deadliest' night of the year in the Disneyland Park.

• Spooktacular street entertainment and stage shows throughout the evening
    • The Disney's Fantillusion Parade led by the vicious Disney Villains, where the world of darkness meets the enchanted world in a fantastic twilight spectacular.
    • A special Halloween Sound and Light Show with the fantangulous backdrop of Sleeping Beauty Castle.

VISIT DISNEYLAND FOR HALLOWEEN !
    Prices for a two-night three-day package including return travel with Eurostar in October 2010 start from £359 per adult, £92 per child (aged 4-6yrs) £202 per child (aged 7-11yrs). Children under 7 years old stay and play for free during the New Generation Festival (until 8th November 2010)**. The price includes two nights' accommodation with continental breakfast at Disney's Hotel Santa Fe and three day hopper tickets for the Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park.
    For information about a family break to Disneyland Paris, call direct on 08448 008 111 or visit Disneyland® Paris
    Personally, I love this moment of the year! Especially at Disneyland Paris! There are a lot of decorations, good halloween show and so on... The special event "Disney's Halloween Party" (31 October) is the best! For example, here is the special show of the last year : http://youtu.be/5JFh1LW8KIU (The video is divided into several parts (4))
    Last edited by DisneylandParis; 10-02-2010 at 03:41 AM.

Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!

One thing I still don't understand is why they never used that fantastic river ghost again. Now THAT was something totally unique, horrifying but still magical and extremely well executed, and most importantly, it didn't look cheap!

Check out my collection of self-made Disney Theme Park Designs at http://www.themeparkdesign.be

TDLFAN let me know when you re down here !!! That would be nice to see you again here in France mon ami !
    HKDL : Done !!!

Here's some great footage of the new float with Dr Facilier the Shadowman:

YouTube - "Rêves d'Halloween" / "Dreams of Trick or Treat" - 2010 #1

And I love this video of the Halloween Party

YouTube - Disney's Halloween Party 2010 at Disneyland Paris

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

along with Gaston from Ratatouille
    Did no one review this Press Release before it was sent out. Gaston is from Beauty and the Beast and not Rataouille!

Sinc the 15th Anniversary there has not been a full on Halloween Parade, and even last year's pay party they did not even have fireworks for the first time since they began. Once again DLP is behind all the other resorts in their offerings.
    Glad you said this because when I visited in September. I notice a lot less decorations going up around the park compared to previous Halloween years. I think what is offered in Paris this year is rather pathetic compared to what I know the park is capable of producing for Halloween. Of course you probarely find most of the budget for Halloween has now gone into the ticketed events. Why give it away free when people can pay an additional cost instead. I wouldn't have a problem with it either if it was not for the fact what is offered at these events was vaule for money. But from what I have seen the offerings are poor. And are not up to the standard that parks like Tokyo and Hong Kong offer for free each year.