Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Lost Boy

Halloween at Disneyland Paris

Just got back from a Halloween trip to DLP and wanted to post a few quick observations/thoughts/etc... hopefully I will start posting some pictures soon

First, we went for both Terrorific Night II and the Soiree.

Terrorific night was interesting but definitely would need some changes for us to go back. It was an event by an outside company (FNAC) so you can't blame DLP for anything; however, we found it way too crowded (45 min waits on most attractions... 70 min wait on Crush is ridiculous for a hard ticketed event) and not enough entertainment. However, it did have a few good things (the tram tour, some of the street performers) and it was kewl to see Studios at night. Unless they added a bunch of stuff or cut the number of tickets sold in half I don't think we would go back.

Soiree was awesome! It was very crowded but the final show Mickey and his Magic Halloween Night was even better than last year! They added a bunch of new characters and made various other improvements. We figured it would be the same as last year since they only perform it once a year and last year was the first time for this show and it was great then; however, they didn't "rest" on the great show but instead worked to make it even better. Otherwise at the party, there were a few things gone this year (although not sure missing Cruella doing karaoke is a big loss) but hey added some stuff including some very rare characters (Pain, Panic, and Phil from Hercules) which of course we loved. Some of the street entertainment was different this year and they had some weird but very kewl robot things in Discoveryland. About the only "negative" was the show during the party was just the same Halloween show as during the day instead of the Mickey's Not So Scary show like it was last year. As it was last year there just wasn't enough time to see everything (even though it lasted an hour later) so we wish the party was even longer :P but we had a great night!

Overall I liked the Halloween decorations better this year than last. I think removing most of the orange/pumpkin stuff from Main Street was actually an improvement and most of it was just moved to Frontierland along with some new decorations... I think they work better in Frontierland. They also added Mickey pumpkins all over the park which I thought looked good.

Maintenance wise things look like they are improving. The Main Street buildings that were being refurbished when we were there last look great. Dumbo looks very fresh and new after its refurbishment and the tea cups are looking better than ever... and they added some new lighting to the canopy at night that looks great. The Adventureland bridge looks great as well and they added some new decorations in the pathway on one side which is apparently to keep the outside overnight cleaning company from running their vehicles over the bridge; however, they are themed and a nice touch. There are also three major refurhisments coming up after the new year including the castle, the Adventureland pirate ship (which is in major need of it but I understand wanting to wait until after the worst of winter is over), and the Fantasyland portion of the parade route. This is the first we had heard about the parade route but apparently they are going to do something similar to what Magic Kingdom did with the parade while they were working on the Liberty Square bridge and the parade will loose a few floats during the work and it will just go up Main Street, around the hub, and back down Main Street while they are replacing the walkway. So while there are definitely some things that still need work I have seen MAJOR improvements over the last couple years so I think overall things are heading in the right direction.

As I said, just a quick note for now... many pictures to be coming soon I hope
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

Re: Halloween at Disneyland Paris

Thanks for the trip report. I can't wait to see your pictures.

You said that the pumpkin men were moved from Main Street to Frontierland. Does that mean there were no pumpkin men in Main street? I have to say I never liked them in Main Street, so I'm very happy they are gone.

• Lost Boy

Yup! with the exception of the big pumpkin coming out of the top of the gazebo in town square all of the pumpkin men related decorations were removed from Main Street.

This includes all the splotches of orange paint, goblins, and what not. Instead all of that was in Frontierland and I think many/most/all of the decorations fit better there. I personally thought it was kewl they did so much decoration for Halloween but didn't really like how messy it made Main Street look so I am glad they were moved. Overall had more decorations this year, but kept all the really loud pumpkin men stuff in Frontierland.

There were real pumpkins and mickey shaped pumpkin decorations on various grassy bits all over the park but I liked those, are fairly "classy", and think they are definitely far superior to orange flung all over Main Street.
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

Thanks for clarifying. I've also never liked the pumpkin men and all the orange paint used in Main Street USA.

• Lost Boy

Welcome Yeah, I much prefer them in Frontierland... and it isn't like they were "cutting back" either... they actually added a bunch of brand new decorations and almost all of the older ones were back again.

Here are the first of MANY pictures to come

You can see tons more DLP pictures at our website Disney Character Central
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Thanks for the great pictures. The castle is just beautiful. I can't wait to return.

Chip or Chap looks great. I don't know who is who.

• Former Epcot CM

The town square gazebo is so cool! Amazing that they actually altered the building. Very good attention to detail.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Awsome pictures!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Membre

Great pictures. DLP is so beautiful!

• Lost Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Thanks for the great pictures. The castle is just beautiful. I can't wait to return.

Chip or Chap looks great. I don't know who is who.
    Glad you like the pictures I cant wait to see it all decorated for Christmas next weekend! That is Dale (or Tac in French and guess Chap in another language?) Easiest way to tell them apart is Chip/Tic has a black or dark brown (chocolate chip) nose while Dale/Tac/Etc has a Brown or Red nose

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    The town square gazebo is so cool! Amazing that they actually altered the building. Very good attention to detail.
    Yeah, this is the one Main Street decoration I am glad they kept. Think it is a neat addition

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    Awsome pictures!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    Great pictures. DLP is so beautiful!
    Thank you I love DLP... Parc Disneyland is my favorite Disney park (and I have been to all of them except Hong Kong)

Here are a few more pictures

Have a magical day!
    Jon

I love that the first batch of pictures were all lighthearted and bright and then theres just this random Satan.

• The Study of Wumbo

Nice, nice... I like hearing about Terrorific Night. It seems so unusual for Disney, but it is what a lot of people want for Halloween. But I wonder how different it would be if it were actually Disney doing it.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Chip and Chap are the German names for Chip and Dale. I mixed them up.

There are so many new characters, I have never seen in the parks?

Who is this creepy green roboter style alien character?

The pirate ship looks great in the blue light.

So I've never seen Pain and Panik or even Phil out in the park. Great.

And who is that red devil a few pictures above? He looks just like Tim Curry in the movie "Legend" with Tom Curise or is he supposed to be Chernabog?

• Minion

Some good high quality snaps you've got there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast