First visit in May

I just found out I'll be Paris bound in May and will have 2-3 days to visit DLP.

Just wondering from the regulars if this is a good time to visit as far as crowds, weather, hours etc ...

Any advice?

• Hitchhiker

Re: First visit in May

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    I just found out I'll be Paris bound in May and will have 2-3 days to visit DLP.

Just wondering from the regulars if this is a good time to visit as far as crowds, weather, hours etc ...

Any advice?
    Weather in May should be nice, crowds are not bad altought I don't know how the Buzz opening on April will affect on Mays' visitor numbers.., I'd visit on May if I could.

Openin hours for DLP should be regular 10.00-20.00 on weekdays, 9.00-20.00 on weekend.

• Membre

I wish you a very time in DLRP. May should be a great time to visit !
    Regarding the weather, it is very unpredictable in the Paris area, even 1 or 2 day before so...
    If you hate crowds, avoid weekends.
    Have Fun !

• Banned User

WDW1974!!! COOL! Just one word of caution... try to overlook the trash on crowded days.. It's worst than the MK.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Just one word of caution... try to overlook the trash on crowded days..
    Don't worry, its not that crowded in May. Especially not during week-days...
    - Milo

• is satisfactual.

Oh good Lord on that trash comment. There's such a thing as mentioning something to the point where it becomes slightly annoying in the manner in which a yeast infection can become slightly annoying.

But yes, DLRP isn't quite as anal as it could be, true dat obviously. And yes TDL, the Euros are filthy queue smokers.

Still, if you can temporarily subdue the ever-distorting veneer of obsessive compulsiveness, WDW1974, you'll see a park that was clearly designed and built with a thousand times more zeal and ambition than more recent parks are evident of. It's quite the jewel, really.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots
    But yes, DLRP isn't quite as anal as it could be, true dat obviously. And yes TDL, the Euros are filthy queue smokers.

Still, if you can temporarily subdue the ever-distorting veneer of obsessive compulsiveness, WDW1974, you'll see a park that was clearly designed and built with a thousand times more zeal and ambition than more recent parks are evident of. It's quite the jewel, really.
    I am not disputing the latter and am sure WDW1974 (who is a personal friend as well) will enjoy the park immensely, but I am not going to sugar coat the first statement you him/herself so eloquently pointed out. ...and trust me, WDW1974 and I share a lot of the same sentiments in regards to the quality of the Disney parks.

And...see a doc for that yeast problem...

WDW1974: we need to get together again soon and have a "qualtiy control walk" at WDW.

I am not disputing the latter and am sure WDW1974 (who is a personal friend as well) will enjoy the park immensely, but I am not going to sugar coat the first statement you him/herself so eloquently pointed out. ...and trust me, WDW1974 and I share a lot of the same sentiments in regards to the quality of the Disney parks.

And...see a doc for that yeast problem...

WDW1974: we need to get together again soon and have a "qualtiy control walk" at WDW.
    When it comes to Disney quality standards, TDLFAN and I are indeed on the same page. (I think he wrote the book since he's older!)

I am really looking forward to the visit. But I also know what I am getting myself into, so I'll take the bad with the good and still have a great time. The whole trip came as a surprise basically and I will be in Paris, London and Rome for a little over two weeks, so plenty of time for 2-3 days at DLP.

I was planning on visiting TDL right about now and that got pushed back to next fall, for a lot of reasons 2005 hasn't been great, so this is a big thrill. I may now get to be like TDLFAN and actually visit EVERY Disney park on earth in one year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And TDLFAN, drop me an email when you get a chance. But I will be in O-Town again around the second week in January (MLK weekend time). Hope you will be as well.

• Banned User

WDW1974, I am on my way to Paris tonight...DLP tomorrow if possible. Will email your addy after I get back.

• Former Epcot CM

Paris rocks!

The thing that I adore the most about Disneyland Paris is the originality that the Imagineers took in designing it. Most aspects of the park are twists on the original in Anaheim - not Florida, or Tokyo, Anaheim.

Pirates of the Caribbean, the Phantom Manor, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain (no 'Railroad' suffix here), check out the backstory themeing in Frontierland - there is a lot of Thunder Mesa signage. Fantasyland is amazing, it also contains lots of designs from the 1955 Imagineers which didn't make it into Disneyland's original Fantasyland but have been reproduced forty years later in Paris.

Discoveryland is a wonder, and is how Disneyland's TL98 should have been done. Adventureland is possibly the weakest, but still has amazing themeing. If you can look beyond the litter problems and the rude Continental Europeans (I object to having my fellow countryfolk classed under the same category of vulgar personal hygene as Europeans on the continent), you will find the park is amazing in many more ways than you can imagine.

BTW, is there anything in particular you are interested in checking out in London?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

WDW1974, I am on my way to Paris tonight...DLP tomorrow if possible. Will email your addy after I get back.
    I was about to complain (in mock indignation) about how lucky you are, but since I spent 2.5 hours at DL tonight I can't complain. Saw Mansion and Small World Holiday (why won't the idiots bring these to WDW? ... oh yeah, money!).

Have a great time at DLP. Look forward to hearing from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    Paris rocks!

The thing that I adore the most about Disneyland Paris is the originality that the Imagineers took in designing it. Most aspects of the park are twists on the original in Anaheim - not Florida, or Tokyo, Anaheim.

Pirates of the Caribbean, the Phantom Manor, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain (no 'Railroad' suffix here), check out the backstory themeing in Frontierland - there is a lot of Thunder Mesa signage. Fantasyland is amazing, it also contains lots of designs from the 1955 Imagineers which didn't make it into Disneyland's original Fantasyland but have been reproduced forty years later in Paris.

Discoveryland is a wonder, and is how Disneyland's TL98 should have been done. Adventureland is possibly the weakest, but still has amazing themeing. If you can look beyond the litter problems and the rude Continental Europeans (I object to having my fellow countryfolk classed under the same category of vulgar personal hygene as Europeans on the continent), you will find the park is amazing in many more ways than you can imagine.

BTW, is there anything in particular you are interested in checking out in London?
    Anything and everything! ... Seriously, not sure yet. I do know I will be seeing Mary Poppins while there thanks to a certain Disney Legend.

And I am very excited about DLP. The thing that excites me most is what you posted above. How WDI took the orginal concepts and expanded them into original experiences that can't be found elsewhere.