Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 216
  1. #31

    • DisneyParks Fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Marne-La-Vallée
    Posts
    190

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Really a refurbishment, you sure it wasn't just to remove the Birthday Cake overlay that was in really poor taste, decorated over the Castle during the 5th Anniversary?
    It was! ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I think Timmy is looking at the bigger picture here. Not getting all over hyped because there have finally got round to refurbishing the Castle. Timmy knows that while work continues on fixing what has become years of neglect for the Castle. The rest of the park continues to rot away. I don't see this as Management making an effort, but more something that could no longer be put on hold. Is that something to really cheer about, I think not
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I'm a former Cast Member at Disneyland Paris and after seeing the park every day for 4 months I must admit things are in bad shape. I visit Disney World twice a year and from what I have seen Paris is in far worse condition.

    Even if EuroDisney don't have the money to build new attractions and fix the Studio's Park they could at least improve the maintenance. There is trash all over the park, in the gardens especially and the restrooms are in a disgusting state. I know the guests are partly to blame but keeping the park clean should be the biggest priority. At least the Orlando parks aren't dirty and paint isn't peeling from the buildings.

    As Malin & Timmy both said people shouldn't keep saying management are making an effort. Perhaps they have made changes in the last few years but it really shouldn't take this long just to make the park nice.
    Ok, first of all, past is the past! I'm talking about the present! You have to give a chance to the management to fix the parks! It's what they are going to do for now! Everything can't be repaired in one year! There is not magic wand (unfortunately)! From what I can see (as a cast member), there are some improvements from the management in hotels AND in the parks! Juste leave them the time!
    Besides, we CAN'T compare WDW or DL with Disneyland Paris. Juste like we can't compare Orlando or California with Paris! There are different cultures different people! It's like that! So yes, the Americans are respectful! Sadly, some Europeans are not!
    Thirdly, DLP haven't got the money that WDW and DL have... We can't denied this fact!
    Moreover, if you have a solution to improve the maintenance, go for it! Apply for the job!
    They don't fix the Walt Disney Studios Park? Really? Crush's Coaster, TOT, Cars, TSPL, Stitch Live, all that attractions in less than five years? Come on...

    Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!


  2. #32

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    641

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    /\Every other Disney park opening in that era has already undergone a pretty big starter expansion, and is undergoing a major one.

    DCA has already gotten TOT, Bugsland, Aladdin the musical, Turtle Talk with Crush, Playhouse Disney, Monsters Inc, Who Want's to be a Millionaire Play it, and Toy Story Mania all before the Billion dollar expansion (TSM was not included in the budget) which included WOC, Little Mermaid, Silly Symphony Swings, Goofy's Flying School, Carsland, and Buena Vista Street.

    HKDL has already gotten It's a Small World, Stitch encounter, Animation Academy, Turtle Talk with Crush, and Autopia, and is currently building TSPL, Grizzly Mountain, Mystic Manor (3 new smaller lands, 2 E-Ticket attractions) as part of its expansion.

    Please don't deny DLP/WDS hasn't gotten the short end of the stick.

  3. #33

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    Exactly, and HKDL isn't doing well financially either but they have invested a great deal.

    "Disneyland Paris", they have added a lot to the studios which is great, however I can't make excuses for the appearance of some areas of the parks. It's not fair for guests to have to pay a lot of money to enter the parks and see so much trash and graffiti. As you said, it will take time to improve things but keeping the parks clean should be done immediately as it doesn't cost a huge amount of money. It is ok for the company to keep making cut backs but in the end they will probably loose more money by putting people of visiting.

  4. #34

    • DisneyParks Fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Marne-La-Vallée
    Posts
    190

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    Exactly! Every Disney Park in the world have big expansion! Except Disneyland Paris! Thank you Walt Disney Parks and Resorts!

    Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!


  5. #35

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    81

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    Sure it is great they finally refurb the Castle, but as some of you said, there is still more to
    fix. And it has nothing to do with not having the Money, if you look back the last 5 years, the Money they should spent in cleaning the Park or refurbs, they did spend on f***ing
    themed years. no need to give management more time, they did messed up, and thats a fakt.

    Right under mr. Gas many things have changed some into good, but still not enough. why building new Attractions, when they are not abble to clean or refurb the existing ones? Cut backs are good for saving money, but they cut back on the wrong (*sarcasm on* just to pay mr. Gas more bleaching for his teeth :-D *sarcasm off*)

  6. #36

    • DisneyParks Fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Marne-La-Vallée
    Posts
    190

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    Yes there is still more to fix... but like I already said, it's not possible to fix everything at the same time!! It has nothing to do with money? It does! Everything has to do with money!! Why build new attractions? Because with new attractions, more guests come, and so, more money! If they didn't build new attractions, the guests won't come...

    Anyway, news :
    More scaffolding :




    And the theme scrim should arrive on 28th February.

    Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!


  7. #37

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    I'm a former Cast Member at Disneyland Paris and after seeing the park every day for 4 months I must admit things are in bad shape. I visit Disney World twice a year and from what I have seen Paris is in far worse condition.
    Welcome to MiceChat Stuart, I couldn't agree with you more. And even WDW isn't up to the high standards found in Hong Kong, Tokyo and California Disney Parks. A few months back I posted several images I took of the neglect around the park. The guys who visit the US Disney Resorts couldn't believe how bad the standards were at Disneyland Paris.

    Yes, it was. The color of the castle changed in 97 compared to 92.
    But can paint fading really be considered changing colour.

    Ok, first of all, past is the past! I'm talking about the present! You have to give a chance to the management to fix the parks! It's what they are going to do for now! Everything can't be repaired in one year! There is not magic wand (unfortunately)! From what I can see (as a cast member), there are some improvements from the management in hotels AND in the parks! Juste leave them the time!
    Ok I'm looking at the present and I'm sorry but a bit of scalfolding on the Castle is not enough to get me hyped up or excited when I know the rest of the park is a mess and very poorly looked after by some Guest's and even several Cast Members who simply lack a passion for the job. A lick of paint doesn't change the fact that several AA's on the attractions like Pirates are in a dire condition. It doesn't change the fact several walk ways are filled with crap on the paths and in the water features. How much time are we expected to give this Resort. Philippe Gas has been in the role of CEO for two and a half years now. He has likely overseen and writen off two of the yearly budgets during this time. And in fact I have personally seen a major decline during this time, and when Karl Holz was running the show. How often is Philippe out walking the parks. Back when Karl was CEO we would have regular pictures posted up on the Disneyland Paris message boards of him out and about in the parks. So sorry Philippe has had enough time to fix things, and has instead made the situation far worst. Since his time as CEO we have seen several Entertainment shows like Lion King and Tarzan dropped from the park schedule's. This waste of space and his bunch of WDW trained execs need to go now.

    Thirdly, DLP haven't got the money that WDW and DL have... We can't denied this fact!
    But that hasn't stopped them from wasting money either on stupid year long events that are marketed wrong. Or crap new attractions like Toy Story Playland which have done very little to improve the financial numbers.

    There are different cultures different people! It's like that! So yes, the Americans are respectful! Sadly, some Europeans are not!
    I find this to be complete nonsense and rather insulting to European's. Yes no denying several Guests have no respect for the Resort. But to say that American's can not be just as bad is very one sided. The difference is that WDW and DLR both act quicly to remove gum and gaffiti from the walls. Disneyland Paris just turns a blind eye to this kind of behaviour.

    They don't fix the Walt Disney Studios Park? Really? Crush's Coaster, TOT, Cars, TSPL, Stitch Live, all that attractions in less than five years? Come on...
    Most of that came from a second bailout thanks to the Walt Disney Company and shareholder Prince Al-Waleed bin. Talal who both had to pay out to keep the Resort opened. And lets be honest except for the Tower of Terror and maybe Crush the remainder of the attractions are nothing to shout about. And stuff like Stitch Live and Playhouse Disney were quick and cheap fixes anyway.

    Exactly! Every Disney Park in the world have big expansion! Except Disneyland Paris! Thank you Walt Disney Parks and Resorts!
    Is that not a bit of a contradiction, since you were just praising the efforts made to add new attractions to the Studios?

    DCA has already gotten TOT, Bugsland, Aladdin the musical, Turtle Talk with Crush, Playhouse Disney, Monsters Inc, Who Want's to be a Millionaire Play it, and Toy Story Mania all before the Billion dollar expansion (TSM was not included in the budget) which included WOC, Little Mermaid, Silly Symphony Swings, Goofy's Flying School, Carsland, and Buena Vista Street.
    Now we have something to get hyped up about. Just a shame you have to travel all the way to Disneyland in California to get a quality experience. A place where refurbishment is frequent and where no one is calling Phillippe Gas the next Messiah because he has finally got round to fixing the castle.

    HKDL has already gotten It's a Small World, Stitch encounter, Animation Academy, Turtle Talk with Crush, and Autopia, and is currently building TSPL, Grizzly Mountain, Mystic Manor (3 new smaller lands, 2 E-Ticket attractions) as part of its expansion.
    And is able to keep the park maintened while all Cast Members serve and help you without the arrogance that several seem to have working in Paris.

    Why build new attractions? Because with new attractions, more guests come, and so, more money! If they didn't build new attractions, the guests won't come...
    But when it comes to building crap like TSPL, the Guest's still fail to show up. Attendance is not up on last year despite the addition of TSPL. This is an example of why this Resort continues to fail. Because Management are quite happy to see money go towards failed concepts like TSPL, while the rest of the Resort rots and crumbles away.
    Last edited by Malin; 02-20-2011 at 07:23 AM.

  8. #38

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Marne-la-Vallée, France
    Posts
    104

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    And is able to keep the park maintened while all Cast Members serve and help you without the arrogance that several seem to have working in Paris.
    I'm so sorry for this opinion, that's true the French are not known for being friendly and helpful to the rest of the world, and unfortunately Disneyland Paris is a reflection of this culture of service relatively low in France, even if the service remains above the most touristic places of France. But we have very good cast members here, even with the characteristic arrogance of the French, they try to solve the various problems of guests with (limited) resources that the company has given.

    Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

  9. #39

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    759

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    Thanks Malin for your comments. You found the right words, and thanks for your cmments about the bad Europeans. It's so annoying how so many people think about Europeans. To be honest there are many rude guests at DLRP, but I have encountered them at WDW as well, but I'm really tired that Europeans in general are called a bad Disney guests. At DLRP thing just don't get fixed so quickly than at the US parks and I'm sure bad things happen over there as well, but thanks to better maintenance guests don't notice.

    Malin I have to disagree with you on the good condition of WDW. The hotels are definately in a better shape, but the MK looks so dated compared to DLP, even at today's condition. We were so disappointed by the MK. I also think that many WDS attractions are in a better condition than their counterparts at DHS. This park is definately better themed than WDS, but I prefere most WDS' attractions over DHS' attractions.

    You are also right that there is still a long way to go for DLRP, nevertheless I'm happy that at least a few refurbishments are done. I know it should be more, but compared to 2006, in my opinion the parks are in a better shape.

    I agree with you that there is money for so many stupid badly themed years, decorations and shows, but no money for refurbishments. TSPL was one of the worst investments at DLRP. This money should have been used for refurbishing all the buildings in the parks. These three carnival rides don't bring more paople to the resort, but SM and TOT did. That was just one big waste of money.

    One word to the hotels. The Disney hotels in Paris would long have been closed if they would have been somewhere else in Europe.

  10. #40

    • DisneyParks Fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Marne-La-Vallée
    Posts
    190

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    Oh my god! I can't believe it! You are so in bad faith!

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Ok I'm looking at the present and I'm sorry but a bit of scalfolding on the Castle is not enough to get me hyped up or excited when I know the rest of the park is a mess and very poorly looked after by some Guest's and even several Cast Members who simply lack a passion for the job. A lick of paint doesn't change the fact that several AA's on the attractions like Pirates are in a dire condition. It doesn't change the fact several walk ways are filled with crap on the paths and in the water features. How much time are we expected to give this Resort. Philippe Gas has been in the role of CEO for two and a half years now. He has likely overseen and writen off two of the yearly budgets during this time. And in fact I have personally seen a major decline during this time, and when Karl Holz was running the show. How often is Philippe out walking the parks. Back when Karl was CEO we would have regular pictures posted up on the Disneyland Paris message boards of him out and about in the parks. So sorry Philippe has had enough time to fix things, and has instead made the situation far worst. Since his time as CEO we have seen several Entertainment shows like Lion King and Tarzan dropped from the park schedule's. This waste of space and his bunch of WDW trained execs need to go now.
    A bit of scaffolding on the Castle? COME ON! Just when, in one of my latest post, I talked about the ALL path between Central Plaza and It's Small World which is reconstructed (with paved)... When there is no long time ago, ALL Dumbo attraction was in refurb, when World of Disney is currently under construction, when Earl of Sandwich is too, when some little (but important) details are back, when the show Tarzan - La rencontre is back, when "Le Cirque du Soleil" maybe gonna come, when "Les Villages Natures" will be constructed.. Oh yes, just a bit of scaffolding on the Castle. I think you should be the CEO, you seems really qualified!

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    But that hasn't stopped them from wasting money either on stupid year long events that are marketed wrong. Or crap new attractions like Toy Story Playland which have done very little to improve the financial numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    But when it comes to building crap like TSPL, the Guest's still fail to show up. Attendance is not up on last year despite the addition of TSPL. This is an example of why this Resort continues to fail. Because Management are quite happy to see money go towards failed concepts like TSPL, while the rest of the Resort rots and crumbles away.
    Well, as far as I know, it's not the management who designed and created TSPL, but Walt Disney Imagineering! So who is to blame?
    And yes, as you can see, the rest of the Resort rots and crumbles away... and you say that in a topic which talk about a refurb! Sorry but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I find this to be complete nonsense and rather insulting to European's. Yes no denying several Guests have no respect for the Resort. But to say that American's can not be just as bad is very one sided. The difference is that WDW and DLR both act quicly to remove gum and gaffiti from the walls. Disneyland Paris just turns a blind eye to this kind of behaviour.
    Oh come on! I'm an European, I won't say I'm not respectful! You don't get it what I meant! Or you don't want to!
    Well, yes, just give the money to DLP, and I'm sure they'll remove gum and graffiti!
    And just to show you that DLP just turns a blind eye to this kind of behaviour :


    Of course, you can go see the wait line of Crush's Coaster by yourself, and you'll see, the graffiti are still there! Of course, DLP don't care about it <Ironic mode OFF/>

    Anyway, I'm just tired to discuss with you, I can prove you anything, you won't change your mind, so what's the point of?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Most of that came from a second bailout thanks to the Walt Disney Company and shareholder Prince Al-Waleed bin. Talal who both had to pay out to keep the Resort opened. And lets be honest except for the Tower of Terror and maybe Crush the remainder of the attractions are nothing to shout about. And stuff like Stitch Live and Playhouse Disney were quick and cheap fixes anyway.
    Craps!
    Sure, go ask to children if they find that Stitch! Live and Playhouse Disney are stinky!

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Is that not a bit of a contradiction, since you were just praising the efforts made to add new attractions to the Studios?
    Once again : bad faith.
    If these attractions has been constructed, it's because DLP financed them. Expansions for DCA, WDW and HKDL are financed by Walt Disney Company! It is the difference! And you know it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    And is able to keep the park maintened while all Cast Members serve and help you without the arrogance that several seem to have working in Paris.
    Yes, totally agree :

    They are so arrogant! -_-"

    Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!


  11. #41

    • DisneyParks Fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Marne-La-Vallée
    Posts
    190

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Malin I have to disagree with you on the good condition of WDW. The hotels are definately in a better shape, but the MK looks so dated compared to DLP, even at today's condition. We were so disappointed by the MK. I also think that many WDS attractions are in a better condition than their counterparts at DHS. This park is definately better themed than WDS, but I prefere most WDS' attractions over DHS' attractions.

    You are also right that there is still a long way to go for DLRP, nevertheless I'm happy that at least a few refurbishments are done. I know it should be more, but compared to 2006, in my opinion the parks are in a better shape.


    One word to the hotels. The Disney hotels in Paris would long have been closed if they would have been somewhere else in Europe.
    Well, finally! Thank you!
    I just have to say that all Disney Hotels will be fixed by inches.. It's already the case for Sante Fe.

    Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!


  12. #42

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    Thanks Malin

    And it has nothing to do with not having the Money, if you look back the last 5 years, the Money they should spent in cleaning the Park or refurbs, they did spend on f***ing
    themed years.
    I agree, the themes are crap there only purpose is to make guests think the park has something new yet it's the same thing every year. I wouldn't be surprised if for the 20th Anniversary they just re-theme the Character Express and make a few more meet and greet areas.

    Since his time as CEO we have seen several Entertainment shows like Lion King and Tarzan dropped from the park schedule's.
    Cutting back on the shows was a terrible idea. From what I saw the shows always used to be popular so there really wasn't a good reason to stop them. Other Disney Parks have a much larger entertainment offering. Apparently even some of the effects in Motors, Action Stunt Show have been cut out. I was in Main Street a few days ago and it doesn't seem as magical as it used to. There are hardly any entertainers/mini-shows or vehicles in the street, the same goes for Disney Studios.

    lets be honest except for the Tower of Terror and maybe Crush the remainder of the attractions are nothing to shout about.
    True, and as you said you can see in the attendance figures some of the rides haven't made a great deal of difference to the park. People aren't going to visit the resort because TSPL has been built, especially not in a few years time when it's in the same state as the rest of the park.

    As far as the Cast Members there are good and bad, like in any other company. Unfortunately some cast members don't have much passion for their jobs but from what I saw the managers are partly to blame for that.

  13. #43

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Marne-la-Vallée, France
    Posts
    104

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    Oh my dear old colleague from guest flow. I miss her ^^

    This is a second video (use in training as an example of animation)
    Last edited by Loïc Potter; 02-20-2011 at 11:11 AM.

    Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

  14. #44

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    I'm so sorry for this opinion, that's true the French are not known for being friendly and helpful to the rest of the world, and unfortunately Disneyland Paris is a reflection of this culture of service relatively low in France, even if the service remains above the most touristic places of France.
    Its got nothing to do with the nationality. I think the French as a nation do go out of there way to help people. The fact your never far away from someone in France who can speak English is a massive improvement on us Brit's who just don't bother to learn any languege's but our own. My problem is with some of the Cast Members who work at the Resort that just don't seem care. And are helping to run the place down. Its not a reflection on every person who works at the Resort, just a small number of people. But Disneyland Paris is not Disney Resort where Cast Members do this, WDW springs to mind.

    Thanks Malin for your comments. You found the right words, and thanks for your cmments about the bad Europeans. It's so annoying how so many people think about Europeans. To be honest there are many rude guests at DLRP, but I have encountered them at WDW as well, but I'm really tired that Europeans in general are called a bad Disney guests. At DLRP thing just don't get fixed so quickly than at the US parks and I'm sure bad things happen over there as well, but thanks to better maintenance guests don't notice.
    Thanks, It annoys me when people complain and try and use the Guest's behaviour as an excuse. I admit many European's can behave in a rude way. But we're not the only one's and I found many American's who visit the US Parks to be worst I'm afraid to say. Anyone who believes European's to be any worst than American's or even some Asian's is living in a dream world. Unfortunately it does come across badly in Europe because Disneyland Paris is to slow at addressing the problems. So our shameful actions are on display for all to see.

    Malin I have to disagree with you on the good condition of WDW. The hotels are definately in a better shape, but the MK looks so dated compared to DLP, even at today's condition. We were so disappointed by the MK. I also think that many WDS attractions are in a better condition than their counterparts at DHS. This park is definately better themed than WDS, but I prefere most WDS' attractions over DHS' attractions.
    I'm more of an Animal Kingdom and Epcot man myself. But I have heard about the maintenance problems the Magic Kingdom is currently facing. But I have never seen any of it for myself, POTC, HM, IASW always appear to have all ride effects working when I have visited the Magic Kingdom in the past.

    I agree with you that there is money for so many stupid badly themed years, decorations and shows, but no money for refurbishments. TSPL was one of the worst investments at DLRP. This money should have been used for refurbishing all the buildings in the parks. These three carnival rides don't bring more paople to the resort, but SM and TOT did. That was just one big waste of money.
    Its just a shame that the park Guest's have to suffer because of these bad decisions. And yet Management continue to keep there jobs.

    I just have to say that all Disney Hotels will be fixed by inches.. It's already the case for Sante Fe.
    A few Cars posters and new bed sheets is hardly fixing the Hotels. When is work going to start on refurbishing all the bathrooms, which have broken plugs and mold coming off the walls. Fixing it by inches is not quick enough. By the time everything is refurbished and fixed it will be time to start the entire process again.

    Oh my god! I can't believe it! You are so in bad faith!
    You make a comment like that and in the same post show a picture which seems to be a continued trend for you in this thread, showing gafiti on the walls of Crush. What this points out to me is just how far this Resort has to come and why I have no faith in the Management team or why I'm not celebrating because work has finally started on the Castle.



    How can we possibly get excited about the Castle where areas of the park that only opened four years a go look like the above. How much of an effort would it take for someone to repaint this vandalism?

    when World of Disney is currently under construction, when Earl of Sandwich is too, when some little (but important) details are back, when the show Tarzan - La rencontre is back, when "Le Cirque du Soleil" maybe gonna come, when "Les Villages Natures" will be constructed..
    New shops and Resturants for the Village is not something to cheer when you have a Studios Park needing more attractions and a older park that has not had a new attraction in years. Tarzan returning is good news but it should of never of been taken away in the first place. And the fact its coming back indicates to me just how much of a bad decision it was to take it away in the first place. Cirque du Soleil is going to be a flop. Disney are struggling to fill up Buffalo Bill's each night, what makes you think adding a more expensive show is going to work.

    Well, as far as I know, it's not the management who designed and created TSPL, but Walt Disney Imagineering! So who is to blame?
    And yes, as you can see, the rest of the Resort rots and crumbles away... and you say that in a topic which talk about a refurb! Sorry but...
    Euro Disney agreed to the project and funded the expansion. I would say there are to blame for yet another lame decision. It was obvious TSPL was not going to work, yet no one up top in Euro Disney could see this coming.

    One refurbishment vs how many more refurbishments that are badly needed to bring both parks up to standard. Your Crush queue pictures points out just how bad some areas of the Resort are in, so thanks for posting them. The work being done on one park structure is not enough and I will not praise a refurbishment project that should of happened years a go. And the only reason its happening at all is thanks to Tom Stagg's visit last year.

    Anyway, I'm just tired to discuss with you, I can prove you anything, you won't change your mind, so what's the point of?
    Your giving up on this matter proves how little you believe in the words your preaching. I will continue my comments because the upkeep of this Resort and an improvement in the Guests experience is something I strongly believe in and want to see happen.

    I agree, the themes are crap there only purpose is to make guests think the park has something new yet it's the same thing every year. I wouldn't be surprised if for the 20th Anniversary they just re-theme the Character Express and make a few more meet and greet areas.
    Oh and maybe a new Character for the Parade. I just can't wait to hear the new Euro pop song that will likely be recorded for the great occasion.

  15. #45

    • DisneyParks Fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Marne-La-Vallée
    Posts
    190

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    A few Cars posters and new bed sheets is hardly fixing the Hotels. When is work going to start on refurbishing all the bathrooms, which have broken plugs and mold coming off the walls. Fixing it by inches is not quick enough. By the time everything is refurbished and fixed it will be time to start the entire process again.
    I have to ask you, how many times are you go to Disneyland Paris? Because you don't seem to really know what changes has been carried on.
    Once again, if you want that fixing was quicker, I invite you to give a lot of money to DLP :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    You make a comment like that and in the same post show a picture which seems to be a continued trend for you in this thread, showing gafiti on the walls of Crush. What this points out to me is just how far this Resort has to come and why I have no faith in the Management team or why I'm not celebrating because work has finally started on the Castle..
    You didn't understand my post, but I guess it's because I'm so bad in English!
    The Graffiti in Crush's Coaster wait line disappeared!!!!!
    It was to show that management react when they saw this, and they fix the problem!
    You can go see it by yourself, the graffiti has been deleted...
    And if you are never happy when the management fix something, sorry, but you'll always criticize DLP... Because it will never be enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    New shops and Resturants for the Village is not something to cheer when you have a Studios Park needing more attractions and a older park that has not had a new attraction in years. Tarzan returning is good news but it should of never of been taken away in the first place. And the fact its coming back indicates to me just how much of a bad decision it was to take it away in the first place. Cirque du Soleil is going to be a flop. Disney are struggling to fill up Buffalo Bill's each night, what makes you think adding a more expensive show is going to work.
    Ah ah ah! You've got to kidding me! If there were more attractions in WDS, you'll complain about the poor Disney Village. And I'm sorry but Disneyland Paris, it's not just two parks!
    Yes, delete Tarzan was a mistake but ANYWAY, they repair it so WHAT? Past is the past. You are never happy! They fix the mistake, but it's not enough for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Euro Disney agreed to the project and funded the expansion. I would say there are to blame for yet another lame decision. It was obvious TSPL was not going to work, yet no one up top in Euro Disney could see this coming.
    Well, I invite you to go see the quarter report and tell me if TSPL didn't work! Because revenues up 8%!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    One refurbishment vs how many more refurbishments that are badly needed to bring both parks up to standard. Your Crush queue pictures points out just how bad some areas of the Resort are in, so thanks for posting them. The work being done on one park structure is not enough and I will not praise a refurbishment project that should of happened years a go. And the only reason its happening at all is thanks to Tom Stagg's visit last year.
    A budget of 100 millions of € has been allowed just for rehab so...
    And the excuse of Tom Stagg won't work with me... If he really wants to see improvements quickly, he would give money to DLP... He doesn't!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Your giving up on this matter proves how little you believe in the words your preaching. I will continue my comments because the upkeep of this Resort and an improvement in the Guests experience is something I strongly believe in and want to see happen.
    Not at all! It's just because I see that I could prove you anything, your opinion won't change! So I'm just tired to try!
    Just admit it! Anything DLP could do, you'll never happy anyway... And you show that with Tarzan: They repair their mistake! But no, you are still unhappy!

    Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!


Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Is Sleeping Beauty Castle too pink?
    By MrHatboxGhost in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 11:00 AM
  2. [Pictures] PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MORE!
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 01:25 PM
  3. July 13, 2007: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-Through
    By Werner Weiss in forum Yesterland
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 02:41 AM
  4. Sleeping Beauty Castle: Will it ever reopen?
    By Walt Jr. in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 11:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •