Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

J'exscuse Disneyland Pars, le chef de DLP c'est tres mal. Le autre parcs dans les autre Pays avez bon chefs. Il y a tres Merde dans DLP, mal travaille avec les attractions et beaucoup de malefice avec les guests. Avez vous DL ou TDL visite? Les chefs de parc c'est terrible! Merde!
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

I agree with you baloo,i cant be bothered to start typing french.
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

Is it a google translation ? lol

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I have to ask you, how many times are you go to Disneyland Paris? Because you don't seem to really know what changes has been carried on.
    Once again, if you want that fixing was quicker, I invite you to give a lot of money to DLP :-)
    I stayed at the Sante Fe late last year when most of the changes like the replacement of the Clint Eastwood sign being changed to the Cars sign. I know the bathrooms are an absolute disgrace. I have seen the changes with my own eyes. And the Management decision isn't so much to upgrade most of the rooms, but instead add Cars posters and other cheap theming to the rooms. On the plus side of things I did like the introduction of the new tv screens. But on the whole I know of several budget hotels that provide a much cleaner level of service and amenities to what the budget hotels at Disneyland Paris offer for a much cheaper price. No point in adding some Cars theming if the rest of your hotel is incredibly run down. The company should be setting its priorities right. And I have given my money to Disneyland Paris every time I visit. I buy the food, merchandise and stay at one of the hotels. What I get in return for my buck is a rather poor experience. That seems to decline further on each trip.

The Graffiti in Crush's Coaster wait line disappeared!!!!!
    It was to show that management react when they saw this, and they fix the problem!
    You can go see it by yourself, the graffiti has been deleted...
    And if you are never happy when the management fix something, sorry, but you'll always criticize DLP... Because it will never be enough!
    Well I'm happy to read that the graffiti has been removed. But come on even someone like you can't deny it should of never been allowed to be left like that. The fact it had been allowed to get to the standard your pictures show it to be in, just further points out how happy Management appear to be to let that standards drop before doing something about it. And yes I will criticise the Resort because this sort of thing is unacceptable and does not happen at any other Disney Resort. Why should we cut the place any slack.

Ah ah ah! You've got to kidding me! If there were more attractions in WDS, you'll complain about the poor Disney Village. And I'm sorry but Disneyland Paris, it's not just two parks!
    Yes, delete Tarzan was a mistake but ANYWAY, they repair it so WHAT? Past is the past. You are never happy! They fix the mistake, but it's not enough for you!
    Yes thats true because I only visit Disneyland Paris to shop at the Village. I have no interest in seeing any new shows or attractions at the parks. Tarzan was a big mistake and no why should we forget about it when the people who made the decision to axe the show continue to keep there jobs. I don't care if the mistake gets fixed or not. It should of never happened in the first place. Do me a favour and stop making excuses up for Euro Disney's Management team. The past will never be the past until the Walt Disney Company selects a new Management team. The current team sucks and it appears most in this thread agree with me on this!

Well, I invite you to go see the quarter report and tell me if TSPL didn't work! Because revenues up 8%
    So what if you bothered to read the report you would know actual themepark attendance only went up 1% and that themepark revenue which only increased by 3% is credited to a higher spending on food and beverage's. None of this has anything to do with the suscess of Toy Story Playland.

A budget of 100 millions of € has been allowed just for rehab so...
    And the excuse of Tom Stagg won't work with me... If he really wants to see improvements quickly, he would give money to DLP... He doesn't!
    Its not up to Tom Stagg's to bail them out all the time. Its the job of the Euro Disney Management team to raise and provide the funding for all these improvements. Which we not really seeing at the moment.

Not at all! It's just because I see that I could prove you anything, your opinion won't change! So I'm just tired to try!
    Just admit it! Anything DLP could do, you'll never happy anyway... And you show that with Tarzan: They repair their mistake! But no, you are still unhappy!
    Thats because you have up to now failed to give any of us a valid argument on why we should be dancing in the street over any of these changes. Why should we share an positive outlook for the future when despite the Castle refurbishment, the rest of the park is a **** hole. I have no time to pat anyone on the back for fixing mistakes like Tarzan when it should of never had happen in the first place. Perhaps if you want me to post positive and nice things about Disneyland Paris, you report to me on something worth while like maybe an update on Ratatouille?

Smile Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Refurbishment

I'm sure this discussion about DLRP will go on and on. There are people who are happy with the smallest additions to the parks and there are people who know how the parks looked like many years ago and how it should be done right.

To be honest I defended DLRP and the bad shape of the resort many years, because I didn't know it better until friends, who visit DLRP since 1992 nearly every year, showed me their pictures, videos and merchandise.
    I visited DLRP for the first time in 2000, followed by 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2010. I hardly remember DLP from 2000, but I have to admit that the overall conditions of the resort improved since 2006, but DLRP is still far, far away from where it should be. The maintenace of the resort isn't good, but calling DLRP a trash hole, like someone here did, is also wrong. DLP is still a great themepark for me, even if this certain person will now roll his eyes over me.

I know that DLRP has a bad financial situation, but in recent years the company spent money on badly themed years, on a huge unneccesary stage on Central Plaza when there are so many unused stages throughout the park, on decorations and on several cheap carnival rides, which don't bring more people to the resort. For me TSPL is still one of the worst decisions made in recent years.

If you look back in DLRP's history, Space Mountain was a turn around for DLRP. That's an expensive, but greatly themed attraction. TOT, another expensive and well themed attraction, contributed to the record attendance. Maybe the management should take the risk again.

It is great that Disney brings back Tarzan, it is great that the castle gets a refurbishment and it is great that the pirate ship gets also a refurbishment. But to be honest that should not be something to be happy about in a Disney park. Disney was known that their parks are top notch. Such refurbishments should be standard.

It is also fantastic that Disney is refurbishing the hotels, because they are not European standard for the money you pay. Nobody would stay there if these hotels would be somewhere else than at Disneyland. And adding just toons to Santa Fe is not a refurbishing for me. The bathrooms have definately seen better days. But I have to admit that Disney is doing a good job on the renovation of Sequoia Lodge. From what I have seen now, the new rooms look fine.

I can't wait to see the castle in its old glory, but I also want to see all the other effects, like the geysers, working as well. These effects and details are the differences between Disney and other themeparks.

By the way, davewasbaloo you reminded me to practice my French again. I had it in school for four years, but I can hardly speak French. At least reading isn't such a problem.
    Last edited by Dagobert; 02-21-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    My problem is with some of the Cast Members who work at the Resort that just don't seem care. And are helping to run the place down. Its not a reflection on every person who works at the Resort, just a small number of people. But Disneyland Paris is not Disney Resort where Cast Members do this, WDW springs to mind.
    I agree with you. I think I'm a good cast member and I love my job, but I know every problem with the staff and the quality. I don't like it. I would like to have the same way than every other Disney Parks for our Guests. But we are understaffed to make a great guest quality and to give care of every Guest. I know the probleme of maintenance, I open different "orders of works" to fix, and fix again but the Direction don't care about this, the budget of the maintenance is ridiculous (I think). It's very long to fixe anything... and often I'm frustraded. So I can understand sometimes why my colleagues are demotivated.

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

• DisneyParks Fan

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    J'exscuse Disneyland Pars, le chef de DLP c'est tres mal. Le autre parcs dans les autre Pays avez bon chefs. Il y a tres Merde dans DLP, mal travaille avec les attractions et beaucoup de malefice avec les guests. Avez vous DL ou TDL visite? Les chefs de parc c'est terrible! Merde!
    I don't say that P. Gas is the best president ever! And of course, he doesn't! But I can see that some improvements are made! And that's a good point! There's a first time for everything. So yes, I let him a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loïc Potter View Post
    Is it a google translation ? lol
    Ah ah! I think so ^^ But it's a good initiative from davewasbaloo anyway
    I stayed at the Sante Fe late last year when most of the changes like the replacement of the Clint Eastwood sign being changed to the Cars sign. I know the bathrooms are an absolute disgrace. I have seen the changes with my own eyes. And the Management decision isn't so much to upgrade most of the rooms, but instead add Cars posters and other cheap theming to the rooms. On the plus side of things I did like the introduction of the new tv screens. But on the whole I know of several budget hotels that provide a much cleaner level of service and amenities to what the budget hotels at Disneyland Paris offer for a much cheaper price. No point in adding some Cars theming if the rest of your hotel is incredibly run down. The company should be setting its priorities right. And I have given my money to Disneyland Paris every time I visit. I buy the food, merchandise and stay at one of the hotels. What I get in return for my buck is a rather poor experience. That seems to decline further on each trip.
    Well maybe you didn't have chance or maybe the room where you stayed wasn't fixed yet but the one where I spent a night two months ago, didn't have any problem.
    Well I'm happy to read that the graffiti has been removed. But come on even someone like you can't deny it should of never been allowed to be left like that. The fact it had been allowed to get to the standard your pictures show it to be in, just further points out how happy Management appear to be to let that standards drop before doing something about it. And yes I will criticise the Resort because this sort of thing is unacceptable and does not happen at any other Disney Resort. Why should we cut the place any slack.
    It hasn't be left like that actually. Just two or three days. The time to organize a refurb
    Yes thats true because I only visit Disneyland Paris to shop at the Village. I have no interest in seeing any new shows or attractions at the parks. Tarzan was a big mistake and no why should we forget about it when the people who made the decision to axe the show continue to keep there jobs. I don't care if the mistake gets fixed or not. It should of never happened in the first place. Do me a favour and stop making excuses up for Euro Disney's Management team. The past will never be the past until the Walt Disney Company selects a new Management team. The current team sucks and it appears most in this thread agree with me on this!
    I can understand you about some points. But here, really, I can't. They repaired their mistake about Tarzan. Yes, I agree, it was really bad to delete the show. But now, they fix the problem. So yes, you should be happy to see they learn from their mistakes.
    So what if you bothered to read the report you would know actual themepark attendance only went up 1% and that themepark revenue which only increased by 3% is credited to a higher spending on food and beverage's. None of this has anything to do with the suscess of Toy Story Playland.
    Because TSPL opened late in August. But I can assure you I've ever seen so many people in WDS that when TSPL opened! And, revenues up 8%! We have to remind us we are fan/passionate! So yes, for us, TSPL is a piece of craps. But guests in general are happy with TSPL (because three new attractions, more vegetation in WDS, ...). We can't denied TSPL has never to do with the increase of revenue.
    Its not up to Tom Stagg's to bail them out all the time. Its the job of the Euro Disney Management team to raise and provide the funding for all these improvements. Which we not really seeing at the moment.
    Well I think that when a resort is in need, yes, it's his job. Especially when DCA has a expansion of 1 billion of $ and when Stagg launch NextGen which cost 1 billion of $ too!
    And I remind you that a budget of 100 million of € has been allowed just for fixing parks.
    Thats because you have up to now failed to give any of us a valid argument on why we should be dancing in the street over any of these changes. Why should we share an positive outlook for the future when despite the Castle refurbishment, the rest of the park is a **** hole. I have no time to pat anyone on the back for fixing mistakes like Tarzan when it should of never had happen in the first place. Perhaps if you want me to post positive and nice things about Disneyland Paris, you report to me on something worth while like maybe an update on Ratatouille?
    I don't think I failed! But we are just different people, with different opinion, I'm maybe satisfied quickly than you... Anyway, I think we discussed enough about all that stuff and we give the chance to anybody to make his own opinion...
    And about Ratatouille, all I can say is that some work is done in backstage. But I keep you up to date

Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!

guys I talk French and I didn't use translator, but tom staggs doesn't have to give money because they can earn it and if he did they mostly create a tspl in disneyland
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandParis View Post
    Oh come on! Sorry but, i'm fed up of your posts! You criticize everything about Disneyland Paris... Stop! We get it: You hate Disneyland Paris! Enough now!
    A while ago I started a thread about the highlights of DLP. All that was mentioned was that every single attraction had major faults. Pretty much everybody agreed that most of everything in the park needs to be fixed or changed in some way.

The park looks like it needs a facelift like DCA and nothing less. Some paint on a castle might satisfy you but not me. It doesn´t even feel like there is a Disneyland in Europe.

Just because some of you have low standards and like sloppy upkeep does not meen that I have to do so.

Some people say: if you don´t like it dont go there
    I don´t go there!

If I should stop voicing my oppinion on pictures being posted then...
    ...you all please stop writing that you love DLP or that everything will be better every time they put some paint on rotting wood.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-21-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by ryno1986 View Post
    They're fixing the park and you're still unhappy. Your posts are depressing.
    Then please ignore them.

They are fixing the castle not the park. Try to read and get information before you start to slam other people for posting their oppinions.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Why keep going on about it?
    Why not?
    The park still looks the same in most places.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Nope, it wasn't an electronic translator, I tried to write it myself, it is just that my french is just really bad and I was trying really hard to get my point across since you are kind enough to try in English. The bottom line is this. I think Disneyland Paris management is terrible and has been since Jay Rasulo first got involved with the place. The graffitti you showed would have never happened in the US parks, it would have been painted that very night (well at least when I was growing up in DL).

Have you been to the other parks? DLP was the most beautiful and advanced when created, but it has been abused by poor guests, and poor management. Some of the cast are amazing, to be able to do so well in so many languages, but there are some that really let the place down.
    Last edited by davewasbaloo; 02-22-2011 at 09:08 AM.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Well I think that when a resort is in need, yes, it's his job. Especially when DCA has a expansion of 1 billion of $ and when Stagg launch NextGen which cost 1 billion of $ too!
    And I remind you that a budget of 100 million of € has been allowed just for fixing parks.
    I may be wrong here but I doubt the Disney Company would be able to just hand money over to EuroDisney? Surely the shareholders wouldn't argree to handing money over to another company, even if WDC is ED's biggest shareholder. Even if Euro Disney doesn't have a whole lot of money the park is their responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I may be wrong here but I doubt the Disney Company would be able to just hand money over to EuroDisney? Surely the shareholders wouldn't argree to handing money over to another company, even if WDC is ED's biggest shareholder. Even if Euro Disney doesn't have a whole lot of money the park is their responsibility.
    I'm also not an expert of the legal informations of Euro Disney SCA, but TWDC holds 39.8% of Euro Disney SCA, which is just the holding company. The operating company and important company is Euro Disney Associes SCA and according to TWDC's Annual Report TWDC has a 51% legal or voting stake in DLRP. So I think it must be possible for TWDC to invest in DLRP. But maybe I'm wrong on that.

TWDC held 43% of HKDL until recntly and with the new investment TWDC increased their stake to 47%. So here it is possible to invest, but not in Paris? That would be strange.

• Not here to help

"DLP was the most beautiful and advanced when created, but it has been abused by poor guests, and poor management."

That is true. DLP had almost DisneySEA quality when it came to the design of the park. The best looking Disneyland ever. A real diamond of Europe. In my oppinion the original design of DLP by far surpasses any other Disneyland. I get alot of nasty posts about me always claiming TDL is great (not sure why people get uppset by that but anyway) but in all honesty I think that park has the worst design of all.
    But even a diamond needs to be polished... I know dirt when I see it. A theme park should never have an entrance that smells of human waste like DLP sometimes does (in the gate area outside Disneyland Hotell).
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-22-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast