• Lost Boy

Special Christmas (Photo) Trip Report

Since we are about to head on our next Disney trip and I finally finished all the pictures of this trip a week ago I decided I needed to start on this photo trip report.

Dan and I were very lucky to be invited to a special event at Disneyland Paris the week before Christmas. This event included several special events involving many Disney Characters. Also, extra characters that are not normally in the parades made special appearances while we were there. Obviously we were immensely grateful for the opportunity to attend the event and it was an amazing trip!

Unfortunately the weather didn't want to cooperate and Dan's flight from London was canceled so he missed the first night :'( My flight was able to arrive on time so I was able to attend the special dinner/show for that night at the New Port Bay Club. It started with a stage show named "Disney's Twelve Days of Christmas" that was created for this night. It included Mickey and many of his friends including the very rare (and adorable) Huey, Dewey, and Louie. The show consisted of 12 segments, one for each of the twelve days of Christmas and in each the characters and performers took part in a Christmas related activity from writing letters to Santa to going caroling to Christmas shopping to decorating the tree.

When we entered the room we were greeted by Mickey and Minnie in their Christmas finest:

The tables were decorated in a winter theme and included autograph books to be used later in the evening

After we took our seats the show began

After the show there was a chance to make use of the autograph books that were on the table as characters began coming out for meet and greets. The characters ranged from all the character from the show to the princesses to many rare or hard to find characters including Gadget, The Three Little Pigs, and the Queen of Narnia/White Witch

After this we had our dinner which sadly I only took a picture of the first course

After we were done with dinner there was a finale that included Marie followed by ALL the characters that had been out earlier coming out on stage for a finale number which ended with "snow" falling throughout the room and all the characters coming down to mingle.

You can see many more pictures of this night on our page dedicated to it: Disney's Twelve Days of Christmas at Disney Character Central

Later I will post pictures from the 2nd day of the trip that included a snow covered day in Parc Disneyland.
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

Re: Special Christmas (Photo) Trip Report

Thanks for the wonderful pictures. I have never seen so many different Disney characters at DLRP. Most of them I've never seen in Paris.

It's a shame that they nearly never appear in the parks.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Thanks for sharing. It was so great to see costumes out that I have not seen in the resort for a long time (no brand new ones there, but some are retired show costumes like the Mushu one). Cool
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Lost Boy

Glad you enjoyed the pictures... I agree that I wish they had some of these characters out more often There are rumors that Huey, Dewey, and Louie may start making regular appearances in a few months though! So hopefully that will happen

Continuing onto day 2 we started with Breakfast in the Founder's Club. We were greeted by several Disney characters and had a nice view down Main Street; however, it was snowing very heavily!

After breakfast we headed into the park to brave the snow

We went on some rides in Fantasyland and saw part of the Winnie the Pooh and Friends show and then it was time for lunch at Auberge de Cendrillon. Honestly overall I wasn't that impressed with the food (most of the courses were good; however, I did not care for either the chicken or ratatouille in the main course. The dessert was very yummy tho). The restaurant itself was very nice and decorated for the season.

After that we headed to Frontierland where we said hi to Dreamfinder's ghost and then stopped by the Chaparral Theater where some friends were waiting for us

At this point it was almost time for the parade so we headed to Main Street to wait... this is when Dan's train finally arrived so he was able to join us finally!

Added to the Dreams of Christmas post parade were some characters that aren't normally in the parade including our friends Huey Dewey and Louie!

After this we went a few places until it was time for the Tree Lighting Ceremony

After that we went to see It's a Small World Celebration

Then we went to wait for Fantillusion... which again had some special characters in it but sadly due to the wind and snow earlier there was no show stop

Finally, it was time for dinner at Inventions... which I thought was great and is now my favorite normal character dining experience anywhere... it just wish it wasn't quite so expensive so we could eat there more often :P

That brings us to the end of day 2 which was a very busy and fun filled day... there are many more pictures on our site. Next will be day 3 including another snow covered morning in Parc Disneyland followed by a special dinner.
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

Man, you certainly seem to love the characters? I have to be honest, I would prefer if they invested the money in real entertainment for each of the themed areas and got rid of all the rubberheads. But then again, I suppose there is something for everyone.

That said, I have not seen Clopin in the parks for about 10 years!

• Membre

Your pictures are truly amazing. Thanks for sharing!

• Lost Boy

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    Man, you certainly seem to love the characters? I have to be honest, I would prefer if they invested the money in real entertainment for each of the themed areas and got rid of all the rubberheads. But then again, I suppose there is something for everyone.

That said, I have not seen Clopin in the parks for about 10 years!
    Yes, definitely a huge fan of characters I would like them to add (or bring back) more shows but there is no reason they couldn't have quality shows based around Disney stories and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    Your pictures are truly amazing. Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you! glad you like my pictures

Now... onto day 3!

In the morning there was nothing planned so with our "free time" we of course got up fairly early and headed into the parks It had snowed a lot more overnight (and was continuing to snow fairly heavily) so the park was even more snow covered than it had been the day before!

We then headed back to the hotel for lunch

We then went to see Mickey's Winter Wonderland

We then went to the Davy Crocket Ranch for a special Dinner that was followed by Christmas Caroling with some of the Characters

So that brings us to the end of another snowy and character filled day! It was great to see the park covered in snow and of course Mickey's Winter Wonderland was great as usual. The dinner was awesome and a very unique experience for us There are many more pictures of everything from this day on our site and for the dinner you can find them here: Christmas Carolling with the Disney Characters
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

• Goofy

oh my gosh! that is something. beautiful snow in paris at christmas time.just wow. thanks for sharing.

I love those snow pictures, beautiful (though cold I bet).

I have to confess, the characters do nothing for me, in fact I hate the way they have ruined the DL experience of my childhood growing up in California. For me, Disney should be about OTT theming and attention to detail. I wouldn't be so grumpy about it if Disney didn't give up on the facet in favour of pumping characters. But they seem to.

Thanks for sharing though.

• Lost Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    oh my gosh! that is something. beautiful snow in paris at christmas time.just wow. thanks for sharing.
    Glad you liked the pictures... yes the snow was beautiful and glad we got to see it... just wish it had waited a little longer to start snowing so travel hadn't been interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    I love those snow pictures, beautiful (though cold I bet).

I have to confess, the characters do nothing for me, in fact I hate the way they have ruined the DL experience of my childhood growing up in California. For me, Disney should be about OTT theming and attention to detail. I wouldn't be so grumpy about it if Disney didn't give up on the facet in favour of pumping characters. But they seem to.

Thanks for sharing though.
    Yes it was very cold (and wet) but luckily this trip had lots of inside stuff planned so it made it a bit more bearable

Actually, while I obviously LOVE the walk around characters I don't want characters integrated into every facet of the Disney experience. I hate how almost every recent ride/attraction has had to be character based and how they have shoved character based attractions into places they just don't belong (for example Monsters Inc in Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland, Nemo into the Seas at Epcot, etc). Some places they make sense and I think are good but not *every* attraction needs/should have Disney Characters.

I love all the themeing which is one reason I love Disneyland Paris so much... while Studios is in need of a lot of theming help Parc Disneyland is the best themed MK style park in the world. So I probably mostly agree with you about theming and shoving characters into every attraction... just don't hate the walk around Characters which I think add tons to the experience
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by peterpanfan1953 View Post
    I love all the themeing which is one reason I love Disneyland Paris so much... while Studios is in need of a lot of theming help Parc Disneyland is the best themed MK style park in the world. So I probably mostly agree with you about theming and shoving characters into every attraction... just don't hate the walk around Characters which I think add tons to the experience
    I am ok with the characters as long as it is not at the expense of everything else:

e.g. the Lucky Nugget being a character meal rather than having a CanCan show anyone can see
    Toon train rather than the Main Street vehicles in the park in the middle of the day
    Princess meet and greet replacing the Snow White dark ride at WDW
    Virtually every attraction in the DCA phase 2 being character based
    Johnny Depp in PotC
    the characters in IASW
    Tarzan Tree House
    Nemo Subs
    Toy Story Playland
    The living seas mash up etc. etc.

I liked it best when characters were something you chanced upon or were a part of the menu, now it is the main focal point for many fans and the company, at the expense of other things.

though I am a bit of a hypocrit in that I did get quite excited seeing Jack and Sally at Halloween a few years ago, and I do enjoy bumping into characters I have never seen out and about before. The best times we have ever had is when we chance upon them.