• Not here to help

The future of Disneyland Resort in Paris

I´m not sure if you all have seen this, but looking at the plans for the second gate it semes to be something really amazing that awaits. Disneyland´s Fantasyland will get some great updates also.

Here is what Disney once promised us:

The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: The future of Disneyland Resort in Paris

I'd like to ride over the parks on a flying star, please.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I'd like to ride over the parks on a flying star, please.
    In DLP someday you will

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

sorry, but I have seen the master plan with my own eyes. WDSP was not that much different than the original plans. What was missing was the Sci Fi Dine in, a lake, a fountain in the esplanade, the Great Movie Ride, and the Indy Stunt show instead of the superior Motors Action.

Beware the marketting hype.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Not here to help

In the video they made it look as if the park was filled with real buildings insted of the fake backdrops.

Those buildings were to hold the real TV studios, they had planned to move the animators out of Paris and bring them here as well as creating a real studios at DLP. But by the time DLP opened and they started to really plan the park, they were closing down most of the productions in MGM at WDW. They would have become empty buildings, just like in WDW.

There was going to be a backlot for NYC, like in Wdw, to be hoenst, that is not much different than the Hollywood Bvd. we now have at WDSP. The Great Movie ride would have had the Mann's Chinese Theatre Frontage, and the other detail you can see are the sets for Indiana Jones Stunt Show.

I really think we have a park pretty much equal to what was planned (looks again, Studio 1 is there, indoors). The things that are missing I listed before. I would like to see them (or equals) added, and it would not be difficult to do so.

• Cool Yule

Well I guess we're not really missing out on much then. It'd be more annoying to know that we were to have something equal to that of Disneyland Paris for a second gate.

Nice to look back on the optimism they had (well everyone save Melanie Griffith it seems).

I wonder how things would have panned out if WDS had opened in 1995...

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Everthing is Satisfactual

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    sorry, but I have seen the master plan with my own eyes. WDSP was not that much different than the original plans. What was missing was the Sci Fi Dine in, a lake, a fountain in the esplanade, the Great Movie Ride, and the Indy Stunt show instead of the superior Motors Action.
    I don't agree that Moteurs Action is better - I found the Indy Stunt show far more varied and enjoyable. I'm not a big "car person".

It is the immersive elements like the lake and fountain which make the park look cheap in their absence. The landscaping makes a big difference, I think, in how a park is perceived.

• Future Disney Imagineer

I'm pretty sure DLP will eventually have TLM ride after WDW's TLM opens. The Ratatoullie Ride has been confirmed for WDS. I wish DLP will add a unique nighttime spectacular show, and a BATB darkride in DLP.

BATB was never planned as a dark ride, it was planned to be an AA show, like Country Bear Janmboree or the Tiki Room. They dropped the idea in order to fund Indy, Storybookland and Space Mountain (the budget was out of control). So they dropped Little Mermaid and BATB to give us those instead.

As for Indy vs. MA, personal choice I suppose. I find Indy to be dull and was outdated very quickly. And I love the movies. Whereas I have seen probably about 25 stunt shows around the globe, and Moteurs Action is my favorite after Buffalo Bills. But then again, I love Cars and driving, and really admire their skills. MA is certainly more expensive to produce than Indy as well.

The tell for me is I have seen Indy twice, and been a participant once. I don't care if I ever see that stunt show again. Whereas I have seen MA about 40 times or so, and never tire of it.

As for the landscaping, I felt WDSP felt like a real studios (have you ever been to a Studio?). So it did that part well. The problem is, most visitors have never been to a Studios and expected DLP mkII, or a copy of DHS.

However, at this stage, they have pretty much ditched the studio idea with the crap like TSPL, and so they might as well landscape the place.