Thread: 2nd time to DLP

2nd time to DLP

Hey everybody first I want to say hi since im new here and I will be going back to DlP with my wife in May! I was just curious if this is a less crowded time to go and what the weather is like then... also im really into finding all the little things the imagineers leave around, not only the hidden mickeys but like the snails on the top of the castle and what not. Ive been searching on here and google for that stuff but if anybody knows any that wants to share, go ahead and tell me!

..oh and Ive also been looking to download the Vincent Price narration of the Phantom Manor.

• Everthing is Satisfactual

Re: 2nd time to DLP

Quote Originally Posted by deathcomesarippin View Post
    ..oh and Ive also been looking to download the Vincent Price narration of the Phantom Manor.
    That was unfortunately removed VERY early on in DLP's life cycle, but it doesn't detract from the quality of the ride - it's still great.

I would say go mid-week, avoid weekends when possible as it can be crazy-busy.

yeah we will most likely go on a weekday. I have heard some of the ride narration by Price and I want to download it so I can put it on my mp3 and listen to it while ridding. I think its dumb they removed it just becuase the french complained it was english (or so I have heard thats why it was removed)..c'mon it was a narriation by Vincent Price! I just think the parc and staff in my opinoin could be a little more english freindly too.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

I wouldn't ruin it by listening to another soundtrack. Frankly I think the ride is actually better without the ghost host
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Ill have to try it one time, since im a big fan of old horror movies im a fan of Vincent Price of course! I kinda like the feel of a ghost host, hes like your own personal tour guide. At least it works in FL.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

I have been on HM in DL 100's of times, and in WDW in DLP dozens of times, and PM in DLP 100's of times. Trust me. I love Vincent Price too, but the musical score and the sound effects added (including Paul Frees in the Ghost Town) puts it over the top. PM is not the same attraction as HM. Yes, some of the set scenes are the same (the hall way with knocking doors, Mme Leota, and to a degree the ball room), but it is a different attraction. I recommend you enjoy it as is.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!