Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• DisneyParks Fan

Re: Euro Disney seeks budget increase to revive parks before key anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    I hope you are right! Did you attend that meeting as well? Other sources also claim that Ratatouille isn't coming as well.

For me it is very strange to mention a certain time frame during which an attraction will not come. Seven years is a strange number, especially since ED SCA wants to repay a part of its debt until 2014. That's three years and then the money could be used for new rides again. I'm not an accountant, so maybe I'm misinterpreting the article.
    Yes. Disneyland Paris indeed has a plan of investments, but banks will validate the projects only one by one. And at the moment, they struggle to make validate Ratatouille. Management just wait the green light from banks. As soon as they will have it, Ratatouille will go out of ground.

And about the article, well... Do not believe all that we read in newspapers ;-)

Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandParis View Post
    Yes. Disneyland Paris indeed has a plan of investments, but banks will validate the projects only one by one. And at the moment, they struggle to make validate Ratatouille. Management just wait the green light from banks. As soon as they will have it, Ratatouille will go out of ground.

And about the article, well... Do not believe all that we read in newspapers ;-)
    Don't worry, I don't believe everything that we read in a newspaper, but you have to admit when it comes to ED SCA and its finacial situtation that are could be some truth behind such news.

Are you working for ED SCA? Are you a webmaster of a Disney Fansite or why were you invited to that dinner?

What is the problem with Ratatouille? What else does DLRP have on the table? I'm sure you can't talk about that.

I always thought ST II would be perfect for DLRP, since it doesn't require building a new attraction. It's an upgrade that can be marketed as a completly new ride.

• DisneyParks Fan

Don't worry, I don't believe everything that we read in a newspaper, but you have to admit when it comes to ED SCA and its finacial situtation that are could be some truth behind such news.

Are you working for ED SCA? Are you a webmaster of a Disney Fansite or why were you invited to that dinner?

What is the problem with Ratatouille? What else does DLRP have on the table? I'm sure you can't talk about that.

I always thought ST II would be perfect for DLRP, since it doesn't require building a new attraction. It's an upgrade that can be marketed as a completly new ride.
    A ton of questions

First of all, I'm a cast member. I'm a co-webmaster while killing time.
    And about the rest... The problem with Ratatouille > money
    What else does DLRP have on the table > A lot of things... include the creation of a master plan for WDS Park. I would say the resort could be so AWESOME if there were money.

ST II is certainly perfect yes... except for marketing. When we look at the figures of attendance, we can see it increases strongly only for big E-tickets. When Space Mountain: Mission 2 came, the attendance didn't increase. And that could be the same with ST II.

Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!

A ton of questions

First of all, I'm a cast member. I'm a co-webmaster while killing time.
    And about the rest... The problem with Ratatouille > money
    What else does DLRP have on the table > A lot of things... include the creation of a master plan for WDS Park. I would say the resort could be so AWESOME if there were money.

ST II is certainly perfect yes... except for marketing. When we look at the figures of attendance, we can see it increases strongly only for big E-tickets. When Space Mountain: Mission 2 came, the attendance didn't increase. And that could be the same with ST II.
    I know that money is the problem, but I thought in addition the banks will not approve that attraction for certain reasons. Maybe they don't like the concept art or the premise of the attraction.

Doesn't TWDC have any influence on DLRP? Is TWDC stll interested in that resort?

I don't give much on a masterplan of WDS. I'm sure there was already one which didn't include these three new carnival rides that don't fit into the studios. So even if there will be a new masterplan, things will change, because the management has the last word and not WDI.

Star Wars is a huge franchise and Lucas brings the movies back to the screen this year. That would be perfect to advertise Star Tours II. One day Disney will have to upgrade or to shut it down, because people will complain about the ride. Sometimes it seems the ride is falling apart. And the simulation is already dated.
    Last edited by Dagobert; 04-12-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Have to disargee with you on this one.. Next year Star Wars will come out again but this time in 3D, so it would be Perfect to promote Star Tours 2... Sorry but management is messing this up again, like in 2009 when they should have promote the parks in germany, because the people did spend all the money on vacations, while others stayed at home because of the recission. and now Star Wars comes out again in the cinemas and again they will miss the perfect oportunity to promote the park and try to get as much visitors as possible.

sorry but sometimes i think they don´t have any clue or they don´t want to get more visitors...

• DisneyParks Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Baby-T View Post
    Have to disargee with you on this one.. Next year Star Wars will come out again but this time in 3D, so it would be Perfect to promote Star Tours 2... Sorry but management is messing this up again, like in 2009 when they should have promote the parks in germany, because the people did spend all the money on vacations, while others stayed at home because of the recission. and now Star Wars comes out again in the cinemas and again they will miss the perfect oportunity to promote the park and try to get as much visitors as possible.

sorry but sometimes i think they don´t have any clue or they don´t want to get more visitors...
    Ya, I haven't think about that. You are right. We'll see.

Anyway, I would just say, we won't have Ratatouille for 2012, but we'll have something very interesting. A show which could be BIG but of course, everything depends on the evolution of the thing, on the budget, etc.

"Euro Disney has long hankered after a third park to boost visitor numbers and its original agreement with the French government allowed it to build a third park by 2017. In September it extended the timeframe until 2030, but one of its analysts believes a third park is unlikely to be built even within this period. Despite recent excitement over the share price, a happy ending for investors seems a long way off."

My questoin is, even if it is unlikley now, why in the world would they want to build a new park when they cant even get the first two right? It might bring in more guest for the first months or years but eventually they will see that there is three neglected parks and then loose attendance and loose more money.

Ya, I haven't think about that. You are right. We'll see.

Anyway, I would just say, we won't have Ratatouille for 2012, but we'll have something very interesting. A show which could be BIG but of course, everything depends on the evolution of the thing, on the budget, etc.
    I hope with a new show you don't mean a new incarnation of these bad hub shows? Each year the show gets worse. This time nearly the whole show is in French. What about other guests? Unfortunately the entertainment department has too much to say in Paris. Disney should remove this ugly structure to bring back the beautiful Central Plaza. There are enough unused stages throughout the park.

Quote Originally Posted by deathcomesarippin View Post
    My questoin is, even if it is unlikley now, why in the world would they want to build a new park when they cant even get the first two right? It might bring in more guest for the first months or years but eventually they will see that there is three neglected parks and then loose attendance and loose more money.
    At the moment ED SCA struggles to attract enough people to earn money and so I don't see a new park during the next 20 years.

WDS shouldn't have been built in the first place, but Disney would have lost the land rights. WDS is a cheap park and has increased the debt of the company. Before DLRP was on a good way and was making money.

As long as WDS isn't turned into a real Disney park, ED SCA shouldn't even think about a third park.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Who here thinks that George Lucas is going to allow the old version of Star Tours to run while the new version goes in everywhere else around the world, because ED SCA says they don't have the money for the retrofit.

At the moment ED SCA struggles to attract enough people to earn money and so I don't see a new park during the next 20 years.

WDS shouldn't have been built in the first place, but Disney would have lost the land rights. WDS is a cheap park and has increased the debt of the company. Before DLRP was on a good way and was making money.

As long as WDS isn't turned into a real Disney park, ED SCA shouldn't even think about a third park.
    So true. They should shut down a redo everything in WDS, dont think to many people would get upset about that haha.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Who here thinks that George Lucas is going to allow the old version of Star Tours to run while the new version goes in everywhere else around the world, because ED SCA says they don't have the money for the retrofit.
    That's a good question! I really wonder how much George Lucas has to say when it comes to Star Tours.

Is Star Tours II already confirmed for TDR?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure he agreed to replace ALL the Star Tours in the fleet, and wouldn't allow the 1980s version to continue in just one park, and for budget reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I'm pretty sure he agreed to replace ALL the Star Tours in the fleet, and wouldn't allow the 1980s version to continue in just one park, and for budget reasons.
    So maybe that means that ED SCA is forced to replace the current version.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'll bet you 5 euros.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast