• Cake Anyone?

Trip Planning Question

I have decided to visit DLP for my 50th birthday in 2013 and have started my research into the park and my trip there but I want to know is how much time is need to really see both parks and not miss anything. Has someone been to both parks who can tell me how many days I would need to see them?
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Re: Trip Planning Question

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
    I have decided to visit DLP for my 50th birthday in 2013 and have started my research into the park and my trip there but I want to know is how much time is need to really see both parks and not miss anything. Has someone been to both parks who can tell me how many days I would need to see them?
    If you don't want to rush through the parks, you should consider three days for both parks.

WDS is a small park and can easily be done in half a day, but DLP needs two days to discover, because there is really a lot to see and do.

In WDS you shouldn't miss:
    Cinemagique, one of the best Disney attractions
    Tower Of Terror
    Crush's Coaster
    Rock'n'Roller Coaster
    Moteurs...Action Stuntshow

In DLP you shouldn't miss:
    Space Mountain, but be aware, this ride features a looping and a corkscrew
    Big Thunder Mountain
    Phantom Manor
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    The dragon beneath the castle
    and the many details the park has to offer.

I'm sure you read on micecat that DLRP has some troubles to maintain the parks properly, but things start to get better. Despite that Disneyland Paris is still a wonderful park and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

Will you stay in a Disney hotel or in a third party hotel?

I agree.

I once stayed four days-2 for each Park, and it was too long.

And since it's a special occasion I say stay at a Disney Hotel--it's such an easy walk to the Park. Maybe by 2013 there will be a new attraction...

According to my experience, you need 2 days to visit the Disneyland Park, and a half-day to visit the Walt Disney Studios Park.

The most beautiful attractions are well-known Disney Classics : Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Phantom Manor... There are also great rides exclusive to Disneyland Paris : Crush's Coaster, Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril (this is a coaster, not the parisian version of Indiana Jones Adventure), Cinemagique, etc.

• Cake Anyone?

I plan on staying at a Disney Hotel and was intrigued by their day trips to Paris. Has anyone done the day trips?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
    I plan on staying at a Disney Hotel and was intrigued by their day trips to Paris. Has anyone done the day trips?
    Hello there!
    As I'm living in Paris, I went to Disneyland Paris tens of times so here are my tips:

-You should stay at one of the Hotels (I'd say probably Sequoia Lodge, NY, Newport Bay or Disneyland Hotel) to take advantage of the EMH

-3 days allow you to see everything and avoid the crowds

-Do not miss Tower of Terror, Rock'n roller coaster, Stitch Live, Crush's Coaster, Cinémagique, and Toys Sotry Playland in the Studios

-Do not miss Phantom Manor, Big thunder mountain, Indiana Jones et le temple du péril, Pirates of the Caribbean, Buzz Lightyear laser blast, Space Mountain, Star tour, It's a small world, Snow White, Pinocchio, Peter Pan... in the Disneyland Park

-Go and visit the Disneyland Hotel if not staying there (and have diner at 'Inventions' restaurant it's an all you can eat buffet; expensive but one of the finest!)

-Have a lunch at 'L'auberge de Cenrdrillon' (You can't miss it!)

-Last but not least, take your time to enjoy the parks, parades... which are particularly wonderful!

About your day trips to Paris, I do not recommand it because, the Disney Hotels include the parks tickets as well as the breakfast (something not available in the US Disney Resort for free) for the total lenght of your stay,therefore prices are higher than in the USA.

But if you absolutely want to visit Paris I'd say the best solution is to take the RER to Paris (it's about 10$ from Disneyland Resort to the Opera Station which is in the Center of Paris) and then stay at one of the numerous Parisian Hotels...

Enjoy, the Resort is absolutely wonrderful, despite what some people may think or say on the Internet

• Cake Anyone?

Thanks for the words of advice Adrien! I love Toy Story so I can't wait to see that and Haunted Mansion at DL is my favorite ride so I can't wait to see the Paris version. Now do you know if there is a ride with a Ratatouille theme? I thought there was but I can't find any mention of it.

There's no ride with a Ratatouille theme so far but the project has been confirmed by the CEO of DLP. Impossible to say if it will be opened when you'll come in 2013...

David

Flickr: Marven38's Photostream

I confirm there is no Ratatouille ride so far but when you go to the Studios, next to Toys Story Playland there is a kind of street with benches on which you can see Rémy's face... so this is a kind of unofficial confirmation...