Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Serious accident at Big Thunder Mountain

An accident has just happen at Big Thunder Mountain in Disneyland Paris. There are people injured. Rocks have fallen on the train in the third lift. The attraction is now closed.

EDITORS NOTE
    We spoke with our correspondent in Paris, Alain Littaye, here's what he sent us:

Apparently a serious accident happened today at Disneyland Paris Big Thunder Mountain. Five guests were injured, including one seriously, when one of the fiber glass rocks which moves during the lift C fell down, hitting the guests in the train.

Last news are saying that a piece of fiber glass and wood fell at about 2:50 pm onto one of the train wagons. A 38 years old man was seriously hit on his head and was evacuated at the Beaujon hospital in the town of Clichy-sur-Seine. The man supposedly has a cranial traumatism which can be really serious.

Four other people were slightly hurt and been looked after on location, in the park. Apparently they were released back in the park after, which would mean they are not too badly hurt. Of course, Big Thunder Mountain was closed immediately and will very probably remain closed while police and park can conduct an inquiry and determine that the ride is safe.

For those of you who don't know what is the "lift C" it is the last lift, the one in which you have false rocks moving and the gold mine appearing as it is shown on the WDI rendering below. Of course the rocks aren't supposed to really fall, they're just moving. Except that today one of the rocks really fell down, unfortunately this occured when the train with 25 guests aboard was inside the tunnel.

I will have more news tomorrow about this accident tomorrow.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 04-25-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: EDITORS NOTE added

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Serious accident at Big Thunder Mountain

That's scary. Let us know if you hear anything else. Hopefully none of the injuries were serious.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• DisneyParks Fan

The majority of injured guests returned to the park having been examined by a doctor. One person is still in hospital for examination.

Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!

What the, Real rocks or part of the ride?
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• DisneyParks Fan

The one which shines in Lift C.

Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!

wow, Hope everyone is ok but how did this fall?
    i think im not gonna ride Thunder mountain in DLRP for a while now
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Apparently it was a prop rock used during the last lift hill. No official statement from Euro Disney on this matter yet. Can I make a request that we keep calm and not use this thread as an excuse to attack Disneyland Paris until more details and facts are announced. Lets hope no one was seriously hurt here.

I wasnt attacking, i just wanted to know how but since its a prop rock i can understand a bit now
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• DisneyParks Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Apparently it was a prop rock used during the last lift hill. No official statement from Euro Disney on this matter yet. Can I make a request that we keep calm and not use this thread as an excuse to attack Disneyland Paris until more details and facts are announced. Lets hope no one was seriously hurt here.
    Agree. Apparently no one is seriously hurt. And it's more an incident that an accident.

If its a prop rock wouldnt it weigh like a bouncy ball?
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I wasnt attacking, i just wanted to know how but since its a prop rock i can understand a bit now
    I know you were not PhantomBoy. I was just speaking out in general and not at you. I have seen many people in the past use a thread like this one where a real life incident has happened at a Disney themepark. And use it as an excuse to criticise the parks opperations. I think until we know for sure everyone is safe and have a better understanding of the facts surrounding whats happened we lay of the criticism for now. You have every right to want to know whats happened here like most of us do at the moment.

Agree. Apparently no one is seriously hurt. And it's more an incident that an accident.
    Thats good news to read. Thanks for the update. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this incident and if the attraction will stay closed until further inspections are made. It also makes you wonder if other Big Thunder Mountain's will need to be inspected since some like Tokyo's version are quite similar in design. But that won't be a problem since the attraction is already closed for repairs from the Earthquake.

One man has been seriously injured. He's suffering from a traumatic brain injury. Four other people have been lightly injured.

Links in French : Cinq blessés sur une attraction à Disneyland Paris - France - TF1 News
    Une attraction fait 5 blessés à Disneyland Paris - RTL info
    Last edited by Mrs Pot; 04-25-2011 at 09:51 AM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I spoke to our correspondent in Paris, Alain Littaye, here's what he sent me:

Apparently a serious accident happened today at Disneyland Paris Big Thunder Mountain. Five guests were injured, including one seriously, when one of the fiber glass rocks which moves during the lift C fell down, hitting the guests in the train.

Last news are saying that a piece of fiber glass and wood fell at about 2:50 pm onto one of the train wagons. A 38 years old man was seriously hit on his head and was evacuated at the Beaujon hospital in the town of Clichy-sur-Seine. The man supposedly has a cranial traumatism which can be really serious.

Four other people were slightly hurt and been looked after on location, in the park. Apparently they were released back in the park after, which would mean they are not too badly hurt. Of course, Big Thunder Mountain was closed immediately and will very probably remain closed while police and park can conduct an inquiry and determine that the ride is safe.

For those of you who don't know what is the "lift C" it is the last lift, the one in which you have false rocks moving and the gold mine appearing as it is shown on the WDI rendering below. Of course the rocks aren't supposed to really fall, they're just moving. Except that today one of the rocks really fell down, unfortunately this occured when the train with 25 guests aboard was inside the tunnel.

I will have more news tomorrow about this accident tomorrow.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Not here to help

Perhaps they will do better when it comes to refurbs. Knowing the DLP manegment they will just turn off all effects forever on this ride...
    Once again DLP shows signs of decay. Walt is spinning with fury in his grave.

The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandParis View Post
    Isn´t everything in DLP an incident?
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast