One day in DLP Resort

Hi,

I'm an American passing through Paris alone on a business trip, and I've carved out one day for DLP. That's it. Pretty much immovable. I'm looking for advice on making the most of it. I'm staying at L'Elysée Val d'Europe thanks to advice I read on this forum (can't justify the crazy on site pricing.) and have the full day to devote to the resort.

Here's my major question. I'm perfectly willing to shell out for a one day hopper, but the Studios look less than thrilling. I think my major goals there would be Cinemagique, perhaps Armageddon, and Crush's Coaster if the line isn't too bad. ToT and RnRC are things I've done in the States a lot. Should I go to the Studios at all or focus on enjoying the beauty of DLP rather than hopping back and forth? Any Fastpass tips are welcome too. Are there separate systems to take advantage of or are they all linked? Crush is still not on FP, correct?

Thanks!

Re: One day in DLP Resort

Well what id do (since I have already been to the studios and know it aint much) is if you want to see everything and enjoy it without a rush, I guess your best bet is just go to disney land. I never went on crush's coaster.. line was always to long so dunno if its good. The last time I went I had two days so I spent almost half a day (being generious here lol) in The studios. It kinda worked out good how I did it, I started one day in Disney land, then in the afternoon when I got a little worn down I just went over to the studios for where there was less crowds.

but as you read here on the forums the studios isnt really nothing special. Just some scattered about movie backdrops and a few carnival rides.

Im going back soon myself and dont really plan on going to the studios.

• UK Disney Visitor

I'd agree with the post above, probably not worth visiting the Studios on just a day trip. On the Fast Pass issue, they're linked and Crush's Coaster doesn't have Fast Pass. In the Studios (if you do go) then Tower of Terror is the ride to get one for, its queue's are usually longer than Rock n' Rollercoaster (the other FP ride).

Rock n' Rollercoaster has a different preshow, and the ride is more of a disco with lights and smoke rather than a journey past Hollywood icons, but not too dissimilar really, and you won't be missing much compared to Florida's version. While Cinemagique, Animagique and Crush's Coaster are good I'd say you could skip them to see the different parts of Disneyland Park more.

At Disneyland Park the rides to get a Fast Pass for would be Big Thunder Mountain (if its reopened by the time you're there) and Peter Pan. They'll have the longest lines in the park - unlike the US parks, Space Mountain's line is usually much shorter than Big Thunder Mountain, plus its Fast Pass merge point is pretty far back often making it pointless - a 20-25 min line could be ahead of the merge point. A similar thing for Buzz - similar ride to the Disneyland version. Depending on your timing, they can fill the line beyond the FP merge point quite a lot, but usually still a better use of FP compared to Space Mountain.

In Star Tours Rex will speak French, but still enjoyable and a chance to see the original version again, and be sure to see Phantom Manor for some unique scenes (and no narration), Pirates is good and Its a Small world is also nice.

Most of all though, spend time to admire the scenery and setting. While many of the rides are the best versions of the rides built in the stateside parks its the unique details and theming of the lands which make the park special (not so in the Studios park).

Hope some of this helped, and enjoy your trip.

Thanks for the advice. I'd been leaning toward DLP only based on what I've read. I'll be on my own, which means single rider lines, do what I want to do etc.

I wonder, though... does any one know, should the afternoon come around and I feel I've just GOT to see Cinemagique, can a one day one park pass be upgraded to a hopper?

If the 1 day/1 park ticket has got a price (write behind on the ticket or on the e-ticket), it's possible to upgrade at any time during the day. Just go at the Ticket Window or Guest Relations Window ^^

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

I'm guessing that you've never been to the Paris Parks? Others here can give more detailed advice and a plan for the day, as they are regulars, and I only go there about every five years (too many other Parks to visit). So I'll be more topline.

ABSOLUTELY BUY A PARK HOPPER.

As long as you are there, you should at least experience WDS even if I think it is the least desirable of all the Parks. It should be experienced and checked off the list. Even if all you do is walk around. It should be seen. Crush is a great ride, but the wait will probably be at least an hour. If you have time do it. Otherwise spend a couple of hours if you can just walking around and absorb the place. While I do think Toy Story Playland is crap, it is worth a stroll through. Pick up a guide with showtimes and try to catch Animagique it's quite interesting. CineMagique is good, too. For me, those are the most interesting things that WDS has to offer. Skip the Tram for sure. ToT is close enough to the others, Armageddon is dull. If the line's not too long do Roc n Roller Coaster. Regardless, visit the Park.

Disneyland Paris for me is not about the rides, as many of them are similar to other Parks. But what is unique is the beauty of this Park and its layout. The theming is terrific. And you can easily spend the day just walking around. I'd concentrate your efforts on those rides that aren't at other Parks, like Alice's Curious Labyrinth, Nautilus, Le Pays des Contes de Fees, Passage d'Aladdin, Phantom Manor and Big Thunder (if it's open). Others here can tell you the differences between duplicated attractions, but these for me are always a must do, because I feel like I can't do them anywhere else. Definitely take time to explore Discoveryland (it's my favorite iteration of Tomorrowland-so futuristic yet retro).

Get a Park Hopper, and stroll both of them, and ride a few rides. Get there when the Park opens, and if you can take advantage of extra hours do so. Play FP. And stay as late as you can. Take it all in. Enjoy.

• Not here to help

We all know that WDS is a terrible place that only people with b@d taste and parkinglot fanatics seme to like. The rides, the buildings (many buildings are simply cut outs with stickers on them) and the lack of real Disney details make this park a complete waste of time. There are a few unique highlights like Crush, Cinemagique and... nothing else.
    Some hardcore DLP fans (some of them work for Disney) might tell you that Toy Story Playland is unique but trust the rest of the world... there is nothing unique with a cheap carnival made on a very tight budget.
    It could however be a bit cool to have visited the result of the biggest mistake a company can make. Disney as a brand was worth much more before they opened the horrible parkinglot themed park they named after Walt, one of the greatest perfectionists and creator of fantastic places ever.
    I can almost swear on that alot of people feel sad after having wasted a few hours in that bad park.
    But then again... if you have the cash... buy a ticket for both parks. Go to Crush and Cinemagique in the morning. After that leave and forget about that place and spend the rest of the day in Disneyland Paris, once the best Disneyland ever made.

If you go on Big Thunder Mountain... wear a helmet!
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-11-2011 at 12:51 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Thanks for the pro-hopper input. Having been in Disney's California Adventure several times I know that even the poorest Disney parks have redeeming features. Given the small premium cost for a hopper I'm tempted.

I believe since I'm staying at Hotel l’Elysée Val d’Europe I'll be able to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours. (I didn't book through Disney but I've read that your hotel key works regardless of how you booked.) The extra two morning hours to see the long-line attractions, plus time to explore the unique things I'm excited about (the labyrinth, the dragon, etc) may leave me some Studios time.

Can't wait to see DLP!

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    We all know that WDS is a terrible place that only people with b@d taste and parkinglot fanatics seme to like. The rides, the buildings (many buildings are simply cut outs with stickers on them) and the lack of real Disney details make this park a complete waste of time. There are a few unique highlights like Crush, Cinemagique and... nothing else.
    Some hardcore DLP fans (some of them work for Disney) might tell you that Toy Story Playland is unique but trust the rest of the world... there is nothing unique with a cheap carnival made on a very tight budget.
    It could however be a bit cool to have visited the result of the biggest mistake a company can make. Disney as a brand was worth much more before they opened the horrible parkinglot themed park they named after Walt, one of the greatest perfectionists and creator of fantastic places ever.
    I can almost swear on that alot of people feel sad after having wasted a few hours in that bad park.
    But then again... if you have the cash... buy a ticket for both parks. Go to Crush and Cinemagique in the morning. After that leave and forget about that place and spend the rest of the day in Disneyland Paris, once the best Disneyland ever made.

If you go on Big Thunder Mountain... wear a helmet!