• Senior Minion

Is it time to refresh the magique?

As we look towards DLP's 20th anniversary next year, it's often easy to overlook the fact that WDS will also be celebrating it's 10th. And as the park reaches it's 10th year, so do many of the attractions including Animagique and Cinemagique.

Even the second gate's (many) detractors tend to agree that both of these shows are worth checking out (if not quite worth the admission price to the park alone) and it is certainly nice that the park can boast two exclusive and multi-lingual shows. Animagique is cute, fun and amusing while Cinemagique is witty and at times laugh out loud funny.

But ten years is a long time.

Should we be looking to get new shows in these two venues? Perhaps to coincide with next year's celebrations (which lets face it will be emphasising 20 not 10 years). Perhaps not brand new show but simply updated and revised versions of the existing ones?

What do you think?

Re: Is it time to refresh the magique?

Keep Cinemagique and replace Animagique. To me Cinemagique something I want to see everytime I go. Animagique is replaceable. I don't really have any ideas what could go in there to be honest!

Well, that's clearly not the priority.

Dont't expect change before years, after an WDS expansion & changes in DL !

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I say keep them going and spend more money on fixing the rest of the park. Despite what some say I don't believe yet that the Studios is a full day park. Why anyone would want to spend a full day here is beyond me. Maybe if its your first time. But for a regular visitor, why anyone would want to check out stuff like the Animation or Tram Tour on every trip makes no sense. Cinemagique and Animagique are two of the very few attractions that could be enjoyed time and time again. And the Studios needs more of attractions like these two and not some lame Tram Tour that takes you past such historic sights as Dinotopia and Reign of Fire.

Besides knowing the Resort's recent track record we would only see the Magique shows replaced by Cartoon shorts.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Totally agree. WDS still far away from being a full day park. There you can't even have a nice dinner or lunch in a wonderful table service restaurant.

The park doesn't have a family dark ride, hopefully that changes with Ratatouille. Even for new park guests there is not enough to do for a whole day.

DLRP has a big advantage, that both parks are in walking distance and so you can hop between the parks if you want to do an attraction again in the afternoon.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Thats how I would tour the parks. If it was not for the park hopping option. I don't know how I would spend a entire day here. Multiple rides of Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller Coaster would be my only serious option.

And no table service option or classic dark ride. In 10 years this park still fails to impress.

Disney California Adventure is now only starting to resemble a real full day experience. The Studios has a long way to go before it can even catch up to its greatness.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Although WDS is still far away from being a full day park, I enjoy spending time there. In my opinion it has one of the most beautiful themepark entrances, but it lacks family rides and theming. I like the area around TOT, becuase it's nice to sit at La Terrasse and enjoy one of these Perrier cocktails.

• Not here to help

I think they should bulldozer everything but the entrence to WDS... its very nice... not TDS nice... but very nice.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Although WDS is still far away from being a full day park, I enjoy spending time there. In my opinion it has one of the most beautiful themepark entrances, but it lacks family rides and theming. I like the area around TOT, becuase it's nice to sit at La Terrasse and enjoy one of these Perrier cocktails.
    I agree, Front Lot and Le Terrasse are the best parts of the entire park. Its a shame the rest isn't up to the same standard.

And no, its still not a full day park, even if they do add Ratatouille it will still be lacking something. As I've suggested before, they could easily utilise the Moteurs stage for a night time show - such as a variation on World of Color (sans fountains)?

Any way, back to the original question. I wouldn't say that either need replacing, both are fine however I wouldn't rush back to Cine. A refresh with newer films would be better than a replacement.

And it'd probably be far easier to accommodate new segments in Animagique - maybe Donald lets loose Ray and the Fireflies from Princess and the Frog?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

As I see it, keeping Ani- and Cine- magiques but refreshing them could be a cheap and easy way to add additional interest to the parks.

Cinemagique could certainly do with some newer movies being added - even keeping the original framework.

Animagique could also do with a some newer characters such as the Marmite-like Stitch. I would like Donald to be kept as 'leading man'.

If done right, these attractions could once again be used in park publicity as opposed as just sitting there as somewhere to take refuge when it rains.