Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Impact will Meg Crofton have on Disneyland Paris?

I'm sure most of you already know, that Meg Crofton was promoted president of operations in the U.S. and France.

Meg Crofton - New President of Operations for the US and French Disney Parks

Now I'm wondering what impact that will have on DLP. Since DLRP is facing financial troubles, the banks are heavily involved in decissions made regarding the resort. TWDC is only responsible for operating the parks and new attractions and investments must be approved by the banks.

I'm glad that all the refurbs have already been started, because otherwise there would be a huge chance that they are cut in order to save money.

So what do you think?

• Geek

Re: What Impact will Meg Crofton have on Disneyland Paris?

Best possible outcome is she implements a complete buy back of the resort by TWDC :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Tibs View Post
    Best possible outcome is she implements a complete buy back of the resort by TWDC :-)
    I don't know if that is possible, because I think French law prohibits that. Maybe someone knows more about that.

Wow the Franchize Evils are now almost Complete, Iger, Staggs, Gas, Crofton. Damn the park is ruined but am very happy about those refurbs going on, because it feels like they will be the only ones in the next few years. What isnīt broken donīt need to be fixed, right?

Cant wait for the News of the cut backs for Ratatoille if getting green lit! or maybe it dosenīt get build at all, to expansive and not needed... Instead DLP is getting a Dinning Plan like WDW to get the Visitors, Fantillusion will be here forever, every Attraction is getting a Movie ti in, oh and donīt forgett Star Tours, maybe we get the new Scenes but the cabbins will still rott away...

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    I don't know if that is possible, because I think French law prohibits that. Maybe someone knows more about that.
    You're right - French law forbids foreign companies like TWDC owning a French-based operation outright.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    You're right - French law forbids foreign companies like TWDC owning a French-based operation outright.
    Thanks for the answer.

From a DLRP point of view Meg Crofton is going to replace Al Weiss, who was until now responsible for worldwide operations of the parks. So maybe she will not have such a big impact, because the day to day operation is still Philippe Gas' business.

Only time will tell, but I hope the improvements currently made will continue.

I wonder if it can get worse for DLRP than it currently is: The worst thing that can happen is that one of the worst maintained Disney Resorts with the cheapest carnival rides will get more cheap carnival rides and will be falling apart again. You have to look on the bright side: We have already seen that in the last six years, so there will be no surprise.
    Last edited by Dagobert; 07-06-2011 at 05:10 AM.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I don't really see this making much difference. Philippe Gas and Meg Crofton come from similar backgrounds. Both likely share the same lack of vision for the parks. We will just continue to see the downward decline continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    We will just continue to see the downward decline continue.
    Which means more character tie-ins, more cheap carnival rides, less entertainment and more cheap stage productions. At least some people will be happy about that, since there are many people who really like TSPL and the characters to be everywhere.

• Minion

Fantillusion will probably get cut back to 2 performances a week. Forget about anything happening at WDS. Nothing will happen untill shes gone. Don't expect anymore maintenance improvements either.

Sorry to be so bleak, but this is a bad day for Disneyland Paris and Disneyland in Anahiem.
    I really hope I will be proved wrong one day.

Oh and don't forget to change the name of the daily parade so everyone can think its a new one. Repaint the first float, change the music also, cut the villains and there you have it a new parade :P
    DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009

Well, well, well...

Disneyland Paris allows the greatest participation of fans of all the Disney Resorts. 50,2% is privately owned, with an extra 10% by Prince Al-Waleed. The prince is a hugh Disney fan at least based on his demand for extra characters in the parks during his visit. 60,2% is a majority, and the majority can make a difference.

STOP with complaining, foaming and whining! BUY Euro Disney SCA shares and unite all the fans! Disneyland Paris deserves a good future. A thriving business is also good for the shareholders, so will pay back in the end.

Meg Crofton, an Philip Gas don't have to say a thing when the majority of the shareholders run over them!

I do not think this will make any difference. Al Weiss was maybe an even worse WDW president then Meg is. Things start to look brighter for Disneyland Paris, with a lot of attention and upkeep. As more off the same means the massive upkeep activities continue on the same scale, always (without a 5 year hike), I give my blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by BeDay View Post
    Well, well, well...

Disneyland Paris allows the greatest participation of fans of all the Disney Resorts. 50,2% is privately owned, with an extra 10% by Prince Al-Waleed. The prince is a hugh Disney fan at least based on his demand for extra characters in the parks during his visit. 60,2% is a majority, and the majority can make a difference.

STOP with complaining, foaming and whining! BUY Euro Disney SCA shares and unite all the fans! Disneyland Paris deserves a good future. A thriving business is also good for the shareholders, so will pay back in the end.

Meg Crofton, an Philip Gas don't have to say a thing when the majority of the shareholders run over them!

I do not think this will make any difference. Al Weiss was maybe an even worse WDW president then Meg is. Things start to look brighter for Disneyland Paris, with a lot of attention and upkeep. As more off the same means the massive upkeep activities continue on the same scale, always (without a 5 year hike), I give my blessing.
    That wouldn't change anything, because of the contract ED SCA has with TWDC. Disney will always have the control and will appoint the management. That's why they chose such a complicated company structure.

And due to the high amount of debts, the banks will always have to improve investments.

Complaining without acting does indeed not change anything.

Complex structure or not, high debts or not, shareholders do have power! The debts are not unimaginably high. A closure or bankruptcy of the resort is not in anyones interest especially not in the interest of the banks.

We can keep complaining an littering message boards like this with how bad things are now and how good things were in the past. STOP! DO something. UNITE! Get the a strong message across that this is not the way to go.

Without even trying, you will never succeed.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by BeDay View Post
    Complaining without acting does indeed not change anything.

Complex structure or not, high debts or not, shareholders do have power! The debts are not unimaginably high. A closure or bankruptcy of the resort is not in anyones interest especially not in the interest of the banks.

We can keep complaining an littering message boards like this with how bad things are now and how good things were in the past. STOP! DO something. UNITE! Get the a strong message across that this is not the way to go.

Without even trying, you will never succeed.
    Iīd love to buy stocks... just for fun. But to be honest I have no clue at all.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Iīd love to buy stocks... just for fun. But to be honest I have no clue at all.
    That's very easy. Go to your bank and open an account for shares. You tell your bank from which company you want to buy the shares and they do it for you.
    Then you have to buy at least five shares to become a member of the shareholders club. That gives you discounts. If you buy 20 share, you don't have to pay the membership fee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast