Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    324

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    I don't get it. We get one little billion-dollar makeover in California, and now EVERY half-baked park wants the same treatment! :P

    In all seriousness, most of these ideas are exactly the kind of thing that will draw more ridicule than guests, I'm afraid. I would suggest instead focusing on additions to the already existing park - there is still a good amount of room as I gather, and some good ideas already floating around on what could make it much better.

  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    115

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    I really don't like how you're just plopping down old attractions and lands from other two of the weakest Disney Parks on the planet (DCA and DHS). Get original please.
    Maroon Cartoon Studios is kind of original since it doesn't exist at any parks. And I have to disagree on DHS being one of the weakest. But that's just my perspective.

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    324

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse rocks View Post
    Maroon Cartoon Studios is kind of original since it doesn't exist at any parks. And I have to disagree on DHS being one of the weakest. But that's just my perspective.
    I'm afraid I have to agree with Ice101 here. The major problem with it is that there is no overarching story to it, even when you get down to the individual 'streets'. Without the story, there's no point to the show or theming. And the areas that are themed are mostly based on movies that will only be a passing fad while the literary inspirations for other lands in other parks will live on for hundreds of years - a lot of them, anyway. There's no sense of place or permanence in the park, and that's an issue.

    Anybody back me up?
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

  4. #19

    • Not here to help
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,188

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    WDS needs even more work than DCA or any other park. One billion dollars would not be enough to make it good enough for a Disneypark fan.
    DLP would have been better off without a second gate like WDS.
    I know some people here and especially over at the DLP forums that claim to be magique would not agree with me. They still think the park is good enough to have itīs own discussion board and webpage.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

  5. #20

    • Cool Yule
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    WDS is beyond refurbishing unless it gets the full DCA-style makeover. And finances do not permit that.

    Personally i do not mind the current 'theme' of WDS but would like to see the following:

    - Toy Story Playland expanded and improved with at least one D-ticket attraction added (Midway Mania perhaps?)
    - All rumoured Ratatouille plans to become a reality
    - The Muppets in some form or another
    - The highly unlikely presence of Roger Rabbit. I see Roger as the perfect candidate to take over the Art of Animation attraction. It has been posted here before but a dark ride following the animation process with AA toons as the animators etc sounds like a great idea to me.
    - Renewed versions of the Magiques
    - A completely renewed Tram Tour (or the whole thing being completely replaced by something else)
    - Expanded opening hours including some sort of evening entertainment (WOC where the Tram Tour is?)

    Of course very little if any of this will happen.
    I vote yes on all of the above. Although like you said, its never going to happen. Its almost as if the only solution at the moment to WDS' woes is to ignore it completely.

    Quote Originally Posted by 0ranos View Post
    I'm afraid I have to agree with Ice101 here. The major problem with it is that there is no overarching story to it, even when you get down to the individual 'streets'. Without the story, there's no point to the show or theming. And the areas that are themed are mostly based on movies that will only be a passing fad while the literary inspirations for other lands in other parks will live on for hundreds of years - a lot of them, anyway. There's no sense of place or permanence in the park, and that's an issue.

    Anybody back me up?
    I agree with you. While films provide great potential for attractions than inevitably spread out into lands of their own (especially in many a Armchair Imagineering idea) they are susceptible to short shelf lives which renders a land out of date along with its attraction.

    However as I said in a previous post, a Great Animated Movie Ride would work and would be fine. Its perhaps the Maroon Cartoon land that would be the problem, but that's easily fixed. The old Disney Studios on Hyperion would work just as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    WDS needs even more work than DCA or any other park. One billion dollars would not be enough to make it good enough for a Disneypark fan.
    DLP would have been better off without a second gate like WDS.
    I know some people here and especially over at the DLP forums that claim to be magique would not agree with me. They still think the park is good enough to have itīs own discussion board and webpage.
    It seldom happens, but I do agree with you Timmy.

    DLRP perhaps needed a second gate, but it never really got it. It got some half-baked over priced mismatch that gave the resort a kick in the teeth.

    I've often said that DCA on Opening Day was 10 times better than WDS at any stage of its existence.

    That being said, there are some parts of WDS that show potential and missed opportunities. Hopefully one day they can at least bring the park up to standard.


    "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    324

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    What I'm really curious to know is if a WDS park was always the plan for Paris' second gate. I realize that WDS was put in during the... 'Scrooge' phase of Eisner's tenure, and that EuroDisney kicked him the first time around - even when he spent so much on it - so he didn't bear it any good humor, but really? I just wonder if there was a plan for something else before it became the park that was delivered. Especially after Disney Paris started to become more profitable, and less of a sinking ship.

    Oh, and I have to agree with Timmy and others in saying that DHS and WDS are collectively the least interesting parks. I just don't get them.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

  7. #22

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,272

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    Originally Disney MGM Studios Europe was planned for a mid-90s opening. So yes, it was always part of the plan, and Eisner wanted Studio parks at pretty much every resort.

  8. #23

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,003

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    ^ I've heard Japan was presented with a Tokyo Disney-MGM Studios (there is a pic of the model for it somewhere online), but, to their credit, OLC looked at the proposal and politely declined. "but tell us more about this sea-themed park you're kicking around."

    As far as ideas for fixing WDSP, there's another thread on it, but I drew a plan that combines the themes such as Hollywood, Pixar, Marvel, Adventure, Vampires/Werewolves & SciFi - basically an IOA-like arbitrary adventure park, no longer a "studio" themed park.



    details here:Theme Park Conceptual Site Plans: Re-Inventing Walt Disney Studios Paris

  9. #24

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,272

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    Randy and Timmy both have it right!

    Timmy is completely right in that those expansions for each land of DLP would have been VASTLY superior than a Six Flags park with Disney thrown on the sign being built next door.

    But if they were to build a park, it should have been equally as well conceived and as beautiful as DLP is (just like Randy's idea).

  10. #25

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    WDS is beyond refurbishing unless it gets the full DCA-style makeover. And finances do not permit that.

    Personally i do not mind the current 'theme' of WDS but would like to see the following:

    - Toy Story Playland expanded and improved with at least one D-ticket attraction added (Midway Mania perhaps?)
    - All rumoured Ratatouille plans to become a reality
    Ratatouille area is going to be a reality.
    - The Muppets in some form or another
    The Muppets are not as popular in Europe as they are in the USA.
    - The highly unlikely presence of Roger Rabbit. I see Roger as the perfect candidate to take over the Art of Animation attraction. It has been posted here before but a dark ride following the animation process with AA toons as the animators etc sounds like a great idea to me.
    Roger Rabbit not that popular...
    - Renewed versions of the Magiques
    - A completely renewed Tram Tour (or the whole thing being completely replaced by something else)
    I agree with you.
    - Expanded opening hours including some sort of evening entertainment (WOC where the Tram Tour is?)
    You're right, they'll have to change that.

    Of course very little if any of this will happen.
    WDS is still a good park in my opinion.

  11. #26

    • Coming soon...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    355

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    Say what you all will about the park, but I really did enjoy my trip there last month, and do feel that it is making great progress in the theming and attraction deficit it used to have. It's still not 'Disney standard', but unlike other years I've been, I spent a whole day there and thoroughly enjoyed it considering how bad it was in 2002.

    EDIT: I think that the main thing blocking true expansion is:

    -money
    -the terrible tram tour ride, it just needs to go. It blocks good real estate.

  12. #27

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bloody miles away
    Posts
    6,904

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Marven38 View Post
    - The Muppets in some form or another
    The Muppets are not as popular in Europe as they are in the USA.
    - The highly unlikely presence of Roger Rabbit. I see Roger as the perfect candidate to take over the Art of Animation attraction. It has been posted here before but a dark ride following the animation process with AA toons as the animators etc sounds like a great idea to me.
    Roger Rabbit not that popular...
    Let's wait until the release of the new movie to see how the popularity of the Muppets may change.

    And as for Roger Rabbit, I did state that his appearance would be unlikely. Although this is due to copyright red tape as opposed to percieved popularity. If Disney, Amblin and Gary Wolf ever get themselves sorted out and a new film is made, I think Roger could be big once again. As it is, he is more a late '80's curio than anything else.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011





  13. #28

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    324

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    I see. What was it with Eisner and the Studios-type park? Surely he realized that the kinds of themes and stories played around with in that kind of a park - based on transitive properties and far-from memorable movie tie-ins - was never going to work! If he wanted to impress Europe, as we know he did, then he should have put just as much effort and forethought into a second gate as the first! I mean, sure, EuroDisney punched him in the teeth, but that's no reason to dump a lackluster second gate on it.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

  14. #29

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    641

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    I agree with TimmyX3. The park has nothing to offer. On my trip to Disneyland Paris, I bought a ticket to WDS hoping to ride Crushes Coaster, only to find it was closed without notice. I only spend half an hour in the entire park before leaving in disgust. Crushes Coaster is the only reason I would second guess exploding the park if I had the power to.

    What a waste of 20 euros and half an hour.

  15. #30

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1

    Re: Walt disney studios park paris renovation ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    ^ I've heard Japan was presented with a Tokyo Disney-MGM Studios (there is a pic of the model for it somewhere online), but, to their credit, OLC looked at the proposal and politely declined. "but tell us more about this sea-themed park you're kicking around."

    As far as ideas for fixing WDSP, there's another thread on it, but I drew a plan that combines the themes such as Hollywood, Pixar, Marvel, Adventure, Vampires/Werewolves & SciFi - basically an IOA-like arbitrary adventure park, no longer a "studio" themed park.




    details here:Theme Park Conceptual Site Plans: Re-Inventing Walt Disney Studios Paris
    I really like those ideas. Taking the recent additions to the park into account, I think losing the 'working studio' theme would be a great idea and WDS would be a good choice to premiere Marvel attractions. An IOA style redo would be great as it would lead to a much larger variety of attractions than the current theme allows

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Review] Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios Update
    By loaloa55 in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 01:21 PM
  2. [Video] Disney's California Adventure vs. Walt Disney Studios Park, Paris
    By Anakin in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 04:15 PM
  3. Walt Disney Studios Paris Expansion
    By tyler2cfhs in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 10:38 AM
  4. My newest RCT3 park.. Walt Disney Studios
    By FantasyWatersDude in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 08:48 PM
  5. Exporting "Cinemagique" from Walt Disney Studios Paris to D.C.A.
    By PragmaticIdealist in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 10:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •