Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Disneyland Paris 20th Anniversary

Hey people,

I know there was a thread about this before but I can't find it anymore so I'm starting a new one now.
    So a lot of rumours and some news are been talked about the 20th anniversary due next year at Disneyland Paris. So here is a summary of what has been said so far:

Here are the Official logos:

First some cancellations:

- Jack Sparrow will not be coming to POTC as previously announced. It looks like they will remain with the classic version of the ride. Hopefully they will bring back the sword fight (just me wishing right now :P)

- The star's and Cars will not be turning into a Parade. Pretty much it will stay as it is right now.

Meet and Greet:

- Mickey Mouse will be staying all day long at the Fantasy Festival Theater in Fantasyland.

- The Princess Pavilion, which was to open only for the 20th anniversary is actually opening now in October but still a "new" meet and Greet for the celebration.

The new nighttime show, called DREAMS.

People are saying it will be a mixture between Fantasmic and World of Colour. Personnaly I do believe it will be more likely a Fantasmic type show rather than a World of Colour since for once ther isn't enough space in Central Plaza for a show like WoC. But it will likely have fountains, characters, projections and fireworks. Looks like it will be a daily show and it will stay probably after the celebration ends.
    To make way for this show, central plaza is going to be modified, as part of the scene built in 2009 will be taken out. Also there are right now cutting some trees around the hub (maybe to allow better view and projections I think). This is going to be the biggest event for the celebration at Disbeyland Park.

Another interesting rumour right now is that Fantillusion will not be going away as said before. In fact it will stay and it will be a daily nighttime parade, before Dreams. All this because the park operating hours will be extended for all the year long, between 10pm to 11 pm.

Personally I don't think this is going to be true. I do believe they could bring Fantillusion back during the weekends in the lower seasons but not a daily parade. I don't see them extending the operating hours so long during the weeks in the lower season.

As for Ratatouille ride in WDS well it is said it will open at the end of the celebration in 2013, but personally I don't think it will open then, because they haven't started the construction yet. But lets wait and see.

I think for now this wraps pretty much what has been said so far. But I'll update this information as we get closer to the beginning of the celebration.
    Last edited by coruscant; 09-20-2011 at 12:58 AM.
    DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009

Re: Disneyland Paris 20th Anniversary

Thanks a lot for the summary.

Let's see what's really going to happen. Until now there are just rumours and we are talking about DLRP. There things are likely to change.

I agree with you that the parade will probably run only on weekends and the park will also stay open longer on weekends.

I'm happy that DLRP keeps the original version, but I don't mind adding Jack as long as it isn't done that prominently like in the US parks.

Quote Originally Posted by coruscant View Post
    Hey people,

I know there was a thread about this before but I can't find it anymore so I'm starting a new one now.
    So a lot of rumours and some news are been talked about the 20th anniversary due next year at Disneyland Paris. So here is a summary of what has been said so far:

Here are the Official logos:

First some cancellations:

- Jack Sparrow will not be coming to POTC as previously announced. It looks like they will remain with the classic version of the ride. Hopefully they will bring back the sword fight (just me wishing right now :P)

- The star's and Cars will not be turning into a Parade. Pretty much it will stay as it is right now.

Meet and Greet:

- Mickey Mouse will be staying all day long at the Fantasy Festival Theater in Fantasyland.

- The Princess Pavilion, which was to open only for the 20th anniversary is actually opening now in October but still a "new" meet and Greet for the celebration.

The new nighttime show, called DREAMS.

People are saying it will be a mixture between Fantasmic and World of Colour. Personnaly I do believe it will be more likely a Fantasmic type show rather than a World of Colour since for once ther isn't enough space in Central Plaza for a show like WoC. But it will likely have fountains, characters, projections and fireworks. Looks like it will be a daily show and it will stay probably after the celebration ends.
    To make way for this show, central plaza is going to be modified, as part of the scene built in 2009 will be taken out. Also there are right now cutting some trees around the hub (maybe to allow better view and projections I think). This is going to be the biggest event for the celebration at Disbeyland Park.

Another interesting rumour right now is that Fantillusion will not be going away as said before. In fact it will stay and it will be a daily nighttime parade, before Dreams. All this because the park operating hours will be extended for all the year long, between 10pm to 11 pm.

Personally I don't think this is going to be true. I do believe they could bring Fantillusion back during the weekends in the lower seasons but not a daily parade. I don't see them extending the operating hours so long during the weeks in the lower season.

As for Ratatouille ride in WDS well it is said it will open at the end of the celebration in 2013, but personally I don't think it will open then, because they haven't started the construction yet. But lets wait and see.

I think for now this wraps pretty much what has been said so far. But I'll update this information as we get closer to the beginning of the celebration.
    Very Interesting update! Thanks!

Where did you hear about DREAMS being the name for the new nighttime show? Or, is that still a rumor??

I am just overjoyed about the Fantillusion rumors!! Finally! Fantillusion is getting its due!! Ever since Fantillusion opened, I could not understand why Fantillusion was not on the same schedule MESP was when it was at DLP. (Running at least every weekend all year) anyone know why DLP did that? Even if Fantillusion ran only on weekends, that would still be a huge improvement than what Fantillusion does today!!!

Anything changing for Once Upon A Dream Parade?

Well the name is being said in many different french and english forums. I do believe to be the right name.

As for Once Upon A Dream Parade, it's being said that it will change name and music but basically it will be the same. Maybe like what they do in MK since 2001: Always the same floats, only small changes, another soundtrack, another name but basically the same.

As for Fantillusion yeah it's a bit of a mystery why they didn't give it the same schedule like MSEP which ran all year long during weekends.

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009

• Minion

ORDDU: Thank you for this interesting update, Coruscant, duckling! We're very hopeful about the Ratatouille attraction. We loved the movie.

ORGOCH: 'Course it would a been better if'n it'd been a movie 'bout FROGS!

ORWEN: Then they have to have called it Frogatouille. I don't think that would work.

ORDDU: By the way, dear, we're sending a package your way--by carrier bat!

ORGOCH: Yeah--just be sure not ta bite the bat--nor ta git bitten yerself!

ORWEN: Hugs!!!

I am unfortunately not too optimistic about the prospects of a Ratatouille ride being delivered on time. I'm certain it'll come along at some point, but if they haven't even started construction, is there really even a chance of it being finished in time?
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

Yeah I agree with you 0ranos. I don't think it will be built in time for the celebration.

Another rumor started late this week regarding the central plaza stage. It is said now that the stage will be all taken down, beginning in January and that it its place they will build a big fountain, probably like Fountain of Nations at Epcot. This fountain will be part of the 20th anniversary show.
    Because of this Mickey's Magical Celebration show will end right after the Christmas season.

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009

• Not here to help

A fountain infront of the castle could be great thing. But to me it also sounds like they built a stage just to have it replaced by something else... in other words... not very cost effective. Add the cost for all the shows and stuff they have rethemed every year... it would have been better to just set up a Fantasmic! in Frontierland from day one. I am sure it would have lured more people to park.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• I also like Stitch!

Well, at least were getting something at least similar to Fantasmic from what Dreams sounds like. Let's hope we get extended hours to see Dreams at night. Can't wait for April (right?)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

The most intriguing thing for me is the new Dreams show. Sounds really exciting! Since they can't do BIG fireworks shows the vast majority of the year, this sounds like just the thing they need!

New Video projection machines have been installed on the roof of some buildings of Main Street USA. They are soon to be tested to be used in the Dreams show. Photos taken by InsideDLParis

Video projection equipment have been installed on the roofs o... on Twitpic

http://twitpic.com/6vhrs2

Another news by InsideDLParis, regards a new decoration that will be placed on the castle, in this case on the top window of the castle. Looks like it will have a giant star on it. This star will be made of fiber optics and LEDs.

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009

• Banned User

They just can't leave the castle alone can they?

• I also like Stitch!

At least it's not covering the main window.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Steve Davison has posted on his Facebook page that he's making a trip to Paris soon.

It is rumoured that he will be making the 20th anniversary show yes. We can hope so. Some work is being done around the main hub and on the hill next to the castle. Pipes can be seen there now. (photos by InsideDLParis).

And its very obvious where they all lead to ...'Dreams&#... on Twitpic

Pipes can be spotted on the top of the hill.. either for elec... on Twitpic

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast