• former CM

The L.A. Times online is now reporting that Disney is going to create an attraction based on Avatar. Would that fit with Fantasyland? Will that be part of the mythical creatures of the Animal Kingdom? (The blue giants aren't animals unless your definition is broad enough to include humans.) Cameron's spare-no-expense, passion to be the best might clash with Iger, Staggs, and Rasulo's desire to get as much of Disney's money for themselves as possible. Will the ride be a coaster or a Harry Potter kind of ride? Stay tuned.

Oops, I meant to post this in the Disneyland section, not Disneyland Paris.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 09-20-2011 at 11:27 AM.

• Rock The World

Re: Avatar at Disneyland or WDW

That's fine, jcruise - it gives us an excuse to talk about adding an Avatar land to the Walt Disney Studios Park!
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• Dreamer

That's got to be the worst idea Disney has ever had. Considering the sci-fi aspect of it it would most likely end up in Tomorrowland but I don't see anything more than a 3D-screen attraction in it.

I may be wrong on that, but I think Disney will spend a big amount of money on AVATAR Land. So I think it will never come to Paris, just because ED SCA hasn't the money to create such a land. Perhaps there will be a smaller ride or, like Magic Lamp already mentioned, a 3D movie attraction.

From Los Angeles Time :

One of the executives, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the discussions were confidential, also said that "Avatar"-themed attractions are being considered for Disney's parks in Paris and Hong Kong.

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    From Los Angeles Time :

One of the executives, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the discussions were confidential, also said that "Avatar"-themed attractions are being considered for Disney's parks in Paris and Hong Kong.
    Yeah, it figures. There have been veiled hints that Disney are building up to some big announcements for DLP during the 20th Anniversary celebrations. Imagineers at the recent D23 expo were allegedly talking about a long-term game plan designed to rescue the Studios park and, let's face it, Avatar would solve a lot of problems.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney inject a lot of money into a large-scale expansion/redevelopment project for the Studios over the next few years. It probably won't be on the same scale as DCA's rescue package, but they know the park needs fixing.

And, before the backlash gets started, let me state that I could very easily be COMPLETELY WRONG about all of this! I don't have any inside knowledge. It's just what I suspect will happen.
    Last edited by soundtracker; 09-21-2011 at 07:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• Coming soon...

I am ALL for this. Avatar as a film was ok, but the lands it created were brilliantly beautiful. People always complain about the lack of immersive and lush environments in the studios park, and this would certainly help that park.

Disney has announced a new partnership with James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment and Fox Filmed Entertainment to bring the fantasy world of AVATAR to Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World. Construction is expected to begin in 2013 on an AVATAR-themed land. No information was released regarding the individual attractions.
    Last edited by Ticket07; 10-18-2011 at 12:31 AM.