Halloween at Disneyland Paris

Hi everyone,

I'm going to Paris in one months time (can't believe it, so excited) and was wondering if anyone here has gone to the special ticket nights they do around this time of year? I'm going with 3 other adults and we can't figure out if the extra hours in the park are worth it considering we wouldn't be getting dressed up?

Re: Halloween at Disneyland Paris

Yes there will be hard ticket events during the halloween period at Disneyland Paris.

There are the Mickey's Not-so-scary Halloween Parties at Disneyland Paris (7th, 14th, 21st and 28th October). These parties happen mainly in Fantasyland, although there are other areas of the park open, like Pirates of the Caribbean, or Phantom Manor. Last year they had a show in Central Plaza stage also and a cavalcate (mainly the cars from the show at WDS).

The Terrorific Nights (29-30th October) happen at Walt Disney Studios Park. These parties are more adult parties since they can scary the little ones. They have basicaly the main attractions open (Rock n' rollercoaster, Studio Tram, Armageddon, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Playland and crush) but all a little different to match the season. For instance you will have zombies trying to get inside your studio tram car. A lot of fun but I don't recomend it if you have children there.

Finally the Soiree Halloween (31st October). Here all Disneyland park stays open until 1 am. There are some specific shows that happen only during this night, fireworks (normally during the show at midnight) and the fantillusion parade also.

I think this is pretty much what you can get after hours at DLP
    DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009

• Lost Boy

As Coruscant said there are three different Halloween ticketed events depending on when you are going and they are all very different... as far as if they are worth it... it really depends on what you like doing in the parks.

Mickey No-So-Scary Halloween party is probably the smallest of them all and the main focus is on characters and shows... there are some neat extra decorations and extra effects but the main "extras" are shows and characters. Unlike MNSSHP in WDW only part of the park is open and not all the attractions are open during it. You can see a bunch of pictures of it here: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Disney Character Central They are making a number of changes to it this year including a bigger final show instead of the cavalcade and a show with Huey, Dewey, and Louie is replacing the Merlin show.

Terrorific Night is much more adult oriented and features a lot of "atmosphere" characters trying to scare you. A lot of the attractions have slight modifications for the night to make them more "Terrorific". You can see some pictures from it from last year here: Terrorific Night 2 at Disney Character Central

Finally the Soiree Halloween is the biggest of the events. It has a lot of extra characters and a lot of "atmosphere" characters... it is a very different experience and something I really like... the whole park is open; however, not all attractions will be open. While this night is mostly kid-friendly I think it is targeted at a slightly older market and it is definitely something I would recommend experiencing at least once. We have a lot of pictures of it from the last couple years here: Disney's Halloween Soiree at Disney Character Central It is always a bit different each year.

As far as not dressing up... don't let that stop you... while lots of people do dress up... not everyone does.
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

Thanks guys, we are going from the 20th to the 24th so we'd only be able to go to mickey's party. I get the feeling closer to us leaving we might buy the tickets for it (considering the buffalo bill show is now close to 70 euro's each).

• Banned User

The decorations this year are MUCH better than years past in my opinion. They are much more friendly and charming and I think they tie into Main Street much better. I really enjoy the fact that they have not cluttered and clashed the elaborate theming of Main Street with garish decorations that have no place on the street.

I am not European, so I don't know how the other decorations from years past may have fit in culturally, but this new approach is fresh and was badly needed as a change in direction. I think they have really done a number in the years past with too many decorations cluttering that area of the park from light arches in the Holiday season to the over the top Pumpkin Men to the oversized billboard-styled banners that lined the street for the 15th.

They got a little too crazy and artsy in my opinion with some of the theme from years past. The extensive work and designs of WDI should be accented and not overpowered ala styling found at Disneyland.