Is it any different

Im going to be in Paris next month was woundering if anyone could tell me whats differnet about the one in paris ive been to disnyland in Cali and disneyworld in florida

• Not here to help

Re: Is it any different

Walt Disneyworld is a huge area with themeparks, waterparks, many hotels, sports areas, entertainment and dining areas and golf. Magic Kingdom in Walt Disneyworld is alot like Disneyland in Paris and in Disneyland in California... only much worse.

Disneyland Paris is a resort area with 2 themeparks (Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios) a shopping and dining area, golf and a few hotels. It is smaller than Walt Disneyworld. The Disneyland themepark and the Walt Disney Stidios park are big enough to keep a person busy for one day each.

If you like Disneyland anywhere you will like it in Paris. It is the best themepark in Europe. Walt Disney Studios park that is next to Disneyland is not as big or as good, but is still worth a visit if you have never been before. Many of the riddes are the same as in the other parks around the world, but many also have a few differences to make them good enough to be a must on visit to Paris. Mona Lisa is boring but Disneyland is fun. Take a ride on Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of The Caribbean and Haunted Mansion. Disneyland is Paris looks great! Walt Disney Studios looks like a parkinglot... but still has some really good rides. Don´t miss Crush´s coaster from Finding Nemo, Cinemagique and the Aerosmith coaster.

Depending on how much time you have in Paris I would say a visit in Disneyland Paris is worth a trip. If you only have one day to spare, visit the Disneyland park, if you have two days visit both Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios.

Take a few pictures and share them here.

Enjoy
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 10-01-2011 at 05:40 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• apple power

don't forget Indiana Jones coaster !!

If you have to choose between Disneyland park and Studio choose Disneyland park !

If you want more information, send me a private message

• Minion

Loved it! A friend and I went this summer while visiting Paris and I'm glad we did. It was very neat seeing the French version of the park I grew up with.....and it is beautiful !!

Disneyland is my home park and I will always have a special place in my heart for it because it is the original, but I would say Disneyland Paris is my second favorite of the ones I've been to.

I visited the Florida park sometime back and while it is an amazing resort, Paris just struck me in such a positive way. Especially with regard to the main park itself. It's beautiful, has a very open feeling about it, and I fell in love with it.

I was just looking at my pictures the other day, in fact, and got that neat feeling all over again...my memories of spending time with my friend there. We are both former CMs at Disneyland, and it was awesome visiting the European park together. Even though she had been there a couple of times, she told me she was excited to visit the park with me since it was my first time and she wanted to see how I would respond to it. I swear I was like a kid in a candy shop.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Paris....the city!!! An amazing place. But this was a cool way to end the trip.

It's very similar to Anaheim, but also has some profound differences too. I loved the arcade walk-throughs behind the Main St. shops.....quite beautiful. The castle is amazing too with its hillside leading up to the castle, and the dungeon and audioanimatronic dragon below! The stained glass retelling of the fairy tales is also beautiful.

You must see the Paris version of Mansion, Phantom Manor. It's amazing!!! And they have a cool take on Pirates too....similar scenes, but different layout. The main part of Thunder is also over on the island which makes it a little different.

Their Indiana Jones is more like a coaster rather than the style they used in Anaheim.

Space Mountain is different too in its layout. I found it kind of a rough ride, but pretty effective.

I thought Fantasyland was beautiful. Wide open spaces. As far as the "dark rides" go, they don't have Toad, and their Alice is laid out in a maze-style walk through, but they do have the others. I also like their set up for Casey and Storybook.....kind of off by themselves in the back part of the area. Casey is like a kids coaster. Kind of cool.

My friend and I spent the day at the main park as my friend had been there a couple of times and had visited the studio park. I was pretty much only interested in dissecting the main park and she was cool by that so we spent the day there.

Have a great time; it's a neat park.
    Last edited by CASurfer65; 10-02-2011 at 05:42 PM.

• apple power

yes, we haven't Toad as a dark ride but it's a restaurant
    For Alice, it's a labyrinth with automats.

Our Space Mountain have 3 inversions

However, we haven't Splash Mountain and I think it is unfortunate

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by frenchpirategirl View Post
    yes, we haven't Toad as a dark ride but it's a restaurant
    For Alice, it's a labyrinth with automats.

Our Space Mountain have 3 inversions

However, we haven't Splash Mountain and I think it is unfortunate
    Paris also has an Italian restaurant that gives a nod to Lady and the Tramp.....that was a great thing to see.

• apple power

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    Paris also has an Italian restaurant that gives a nod to Lady and the Tramp.....that was a great thing to see.
    yeah, it's the Bella Note

• Minion

Love this park!

• Dreamer

It's the same but it's different. Both parks have pretty much the same layout and many rides are similar if not the same, but DLP has better and more detailed theming and focuses more on the vision of a person from Victorian times rather than a visionary from the 1950s.

The resort is larger than DLR with more hotels to choose from but the second gate (WDS) pales in comparison to the revised version of DCA in Anaheim. However, as long as you're in Paris, it's worth going even if only for the day, then I'd recommend to go to the Disneyland Parc only.