Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Not here to help

Re: What to expect from the Ratatouille Ride

Advertising should have been a big global thing for this ride. The ride only had a 10 minute wait when I visited WDW a day or two after it had opened. Itīs a great ride. Feel new everytime
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

According to the official OLC press release, the revamp costs about 100 mio Dollars. I do understand that Disneyland PAris is hesitant to inverst such a huge amount of money. You can build a new attraction for that.

BUT Star Wars is such a well known franchise and I still think it has the potential to make the resort more popular. On the other hand both parks, the hotels and DV still need TLC and I wouldn't mind that they spend their money on that. First fix the current problems and then add rides. However SM and TOT proved that great new rides can boost the attendance.

• Not here to help

OLC will most certainly do a delux upgrade like they do with everything else they do, itīs after all Japan.
    If DLP would descide to get get the new Star Tours they would do it as cheap as possible. Not having a proper Star Wars ride is not an option. Itīs like confessing that "we canīt run DLP" or "Disneyland Paris is not as good as the rest".
    Star Tours in DLP is in the worst condition I have ever seen a ride in.
    First priority should be to put in the new Star Tours and then refurbish... the entire resort.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

I know Star Tours is in a very bad condition. It desperately needs a refurb. I've seen pictures and videos in which the plastic parts inside the Starspeeder have been fixed with duct tape.

Honestly I don't mind if DLP doesn't upgrade the queue area. It still looks good, they should just clean it. The Starspeeder looks fine in blue as well. But Disney should upgrade the simulator to ST II and of course the interior of the Starspeeder.

Advertisement for star tours was not global because WDI already knew that the attraction in the other resorts would eventually get an upgrade. The whole reason of the upgrade was to increase domestic travel. here in the states for Anaheim the attraction did have a big advertising push along along with the mermaid attraction and lines to only exceeded expectations but continue to do so. The attraction constantly runs out of fast passes early and the extended queue is almost always used.
    The one in WDW did not get the huge push that theone in Anaheim got but thats only because they already have the yearly star wars days that gives the attraction plenty of media attention and fan recognition. They also had a soft opening which made for low to mild attraction lines during its first few weeks of opening.

Not sure why people would think that the upgrade did not increase the attractions popularity.

Tokyo will get pretty much the same attraction as the states but since they have a much bigger and elaborate queue the expense for upgrade and refurbishment is much larger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12