• Suspended

British (or Europeans) at WDW???

Just wondering how many/ what percentage of visitors to WDW are British or come from European countries. I wonder if Europeans view WDW as better and they often bypass Disneyland Paris. Or do Europeans like to go to both? Should Disneyland Paris become more like WDW (in terms of rides, attractions, parks) or should their identities be kept separate to entice Europeans to venture to both resorts. What I am basically asking is how many Europeans go to WDW and Disneyland Paris?

Re: British (or Europeans) at WDW???

I believe around 800,000 WDW visitors are British, Germans make up the next largest portion on European guests. There was an article about it this year I think.

To me, WDW and DLP offer completely different experiences. WDW is a vacation destination, whereas DLP is a destination for a short break or a 'home park' to visit frequently. Personally, I prefer DLP.
    Disneyland Paris: August 1999 Sante Fe - October 2000 Sante Fe - March 2002 Sante Fe - November 2010 Cheyenne
    Walt Disney World: May 2011 All Star Movies - November 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Tokyo Disney Resort: 2012 (hopefully!)

• Minion

I'm an Anaheim/Disneyland local and former CM, and I agree, ben. Having been to WDW and DLP, I prefer the latter too. In fact, of the parks I've visited, I would put it out there as Disneyland/Anaheim first (because it's the original and will always be special because of that), DLP second, and WDW third.

WDW wins the contest hands down as a vacation destination, but I prefer the more "local" parks of Anaheim and Paris. More intimate.

As an European I think Disneyland Paris is more like Disneyland Resort than Walt Disney World, because Walt Disney World is much bigger. And we don't have some of Disney's best rides in Disneyland Paris (Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventures, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, ...). So I guess both American resorts are completely different from Disneyland Paris. I think a park like Epcot should'nt be successful in Europe because I think guests from Disneyland Paris are more pressed. At Walt Disney World, guests take their time. Especially in World Showcase which seems the best example to me.

Honestly I would like to see an EPCOT style park, but without the World Showcase part. The reason ist that within a short drive I can visit so many different cultures and countries in Europe. If Disney is ever going to build such a park and wants to use World Showcase, it should only include countries which are far away.

My perfect third park for Paris would be a combination of EPCOT, DAK and TDS.