Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Star Tours 2 may be coming to DLP ?

Do you think DLP will get ST2 sooner after Tokyo ?
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Minion

Re: Star Tours 2 may be coming to DLP ?

After because it has already been announced for Tokyo's to close down next April

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I am willing to bet Hong Kong will get it before DLP ;-) LOL

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Cool Yule

^ Sounds about right.

Not that it'd happen, but wouldn't it be great if they built Star Tours 2 in WDS - in a Star Wars mini land. The old Star Tours space could then be used for another addition to Discoveryland.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

I hope they do something soon. When we were over in Octover with some friends who usually go to WDW they couldn't believe the state of the whole attraction. The sound went during our first ride....which was a strange experience.

• Cool Yule

^That must have been surreal. Now if it was in the States I'm sure there would have been an aficionado on board who knew the script verbatim and could have filled in.

The attraction does need some TLC though. Last time I rode it, the rubber on the armrest had been picked off leaving a scruffy mess and exposed metal frame.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

The hilarious bit was us (being huge star wars fans) did know the script, but the sounds of the machinery and the obvious panic of the other guests made us keep out mouths shut (sensibly).

We rode it several times over the 3 days we were there and on every one we went on (different cruisers) there was a seat out of commission or broken armrests. Was really sad.

Not to mention what happened to the aftershow, or the 'Star Wars Shed' as we ended up calling it. I still don't understand why they thought filling that space with second rate amusement arcade machines (some of which were also broken) would make any sense to anyone. Surely it would have been better to make that a retail space and the current star traders a character spot?

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    After because it has already been announced for Tokyo's to close down next April
    I concur.

• Cool Yule

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkflutterby View Post
    Not to mention what happened to the aftershow, or the 'Star Wars Shed' as we ended up calling it. I still don't understand why they thought filling that space with second rate amusement arcade machines (some of which were also broken) would make any sense to anyone. Surely it would have been better to make that a retail space and the current star traders a character spot?
    I couldn't agree more. The exit is dire. Certainly in need of a complete overhaul, even if Paris keeps the original Star Tours. And, from what I can remember, its quite a generous space and could house something decent.

Walt Disney

i seem to remember when I was a kid there was something half decent there? anyone got any pictures or anything, or is it my wistful over imagination lol.

• Everthing is Satisfactual

Don't have photos, but it used to be full of unique interactive items, such as machines which would take your photo and distort it, computers that would read your fortune, and a big 16-player space "bumper-cars" game, on a big screen, where all the players stood on pogo-like platfroms and titled them to try to bash into one another. (sounds weird, but was quite fun).

All of these items were free to use as well -which was nice, and the queues were always quite long, so the only reason I think it disappeared was the maintenance costs.
    There fell into disrepair and were never fixed

That's what I remember!!! What a waste of space, it really is an shame that whole corner of the park seems to have been forgotten.

I think that Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Space Mountain: Back to the Moon and The Ride Replacing Captain EO will come in Disneyland Paris in 2015 as part of a new Discoveryland project. Why ? Because...
    Last edited by Fultimate; 01-19-2012 at 07:54 AM.

The first two would be great already. I think we need star tours 2 and it would be awesome to have space mountain back to its original form
    DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    I think that Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Space Mountain: Back to the Moon and The Ride Replacing Captain EO will come in Disneyland Paris in 2015 as part of a new Discoveryland project. Why ? Because...
    That would be awesome, but I doubt it. We are talking about Disneyland Paris and there money is always an issue.

May I ask from where did you get those rumours about a new Discoveryland. I just hope that Disney will not put more Disney and Pixar characters into Discoveryland. Buzz should have never been built there.

Which ride should replace Captain EO? I can imagine that Star Tours will get the upgrade and I would be very happy to see the old version of SM to return. Never liked the new soundtrack as much as I did the old one. If that's true, than Disney should replace the bumpy track as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast