Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile The Ratatouille dark-ride is now official !

Euro Disney SCA, the company that runs Disneyland Paris, has just officially confirmed having the money for this new attraction in the Walt Disney Studios Park on it's official website.

The French forum "Disney Central Plaza"
    has a picture of Ratatouille's Construction Permit.

The Ratatouille project will contain :

- The Ratatouille ride which is supposed to be a trackless ride (maybe named "Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity" according to Mouetto on Disney Central Plaza) with a similar system to "Pooh's Hunny Hunt" in Tokyo Disney Resort and 3D projections like "The Amazing Adventures of Spider Man" in Universal Orlando. The Ratatouille ride will be very innovative, something never seen before in a Disney Park. I'll have Fastpass, of course.

- "La Ratatouille", a table service restaurant.

- And, last but not least, toilets.
    Last edited by Fultimate; 01-19-2012 at 07:44 AM.

• TheDisneyMagic

Re: The Ratatouille dark-ride is now official !

I think this is great news and a lovely present from the Walt Disney Company.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyMagic View Post
    I think this is great news and a lovely present from the Walt Disney Company.
    It's not a present. It's money to convince the banks to lend money to Euro Disney, because Euro Disney could use it to pay them off : It's a guarantee. Euro Disney will have to pay off the Walt Disney Company if it uses these funds.

• Bangarang!

The cynic in me says that although they say "a new attraction" it doesn't necessarily mean "Ratatouille: Les adventures de Remy".

However, its a good possibility. Thanks for sharing the link. Great news to hear they might just get going again.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Minion

ORWEN: I just love Remy Rat so I hope this really happens. He deserves an attraction. I can already count the number of rat pellets they're gonna' have all over the place once this thing is opened!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne
    The cynic in me says that although they say "a new attraction" it doesn't necessarily mean "Ratatouille: Les adventures de Remy".

However, its a good possibility. Thanks for sharing the link. Great news to hear they might just get going again.
    The construction permit is an irrevocable piece of evidence that this ride is going to be Ratatouille.
    Last edited by Fultimate; 01-12-2012 at 05:29 AM.

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    You're right they don't. But it's an open secret that this ride is going to be Ratatouille.
    Sure. Its just the thought of them stringing us along and squandering this money on another attraction in Toy Story Play Land or some such.

And on another note, how far do we expect this 150m to go? I'm presuming that's the de facto budget for it. Ok, Its nothing to be sneezed at and I certainly wouldn't begrudge the Rat-run of the majority of that money, but I hope that they don't have to spend it all on the attraction and land and can at least spend a little on doing up other parts of the park. Granted you won't get much done, but even the odd bit of superficial beautification wouldn't go amiss.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

More information on Disney And More : http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...revolving.html

Thanks for all the infos!

Do you know if the restaurant is still part of the project?

• Lost Boy

Really hope this does result in Ratatouille as well as some other place making in WDS... and hope the ride is as incredible as it sounds.
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Thanks for all the infos!

Do you know if the restaurant is still part of the project?
    Guess that's the million euro question. They'd be crazy not to have it, but can the €150m stretch that far?

Walt Disney

The restaurant is part of the project and I can prove it. Here is a official document : http://bases-marques.inpi.fr/Typo3_I...MARK-1,FMARK-2

"La Ratatouille" will be the name of the restaurant, because Disneyland Paris has reserved this name for a restaurant. It's the name of the restaurant they open at the end of the movie Ratatouille. I suppose the ride will happen in Gusteau.

According to Mouetto on Disney Central Plaza, the name of the ride might be "Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity".
    Last edited by Fultimate; 01-11-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks. I've seen that document already last year, but the budget is only €150 mio. I'm not sure if a restaurant is icluded and that amount. But I read that ED SCA still has another credit worth 100mio from TWDC. So that gives them 250mio.

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    According to Mouetto on Disney Central Plaza, the name of the ride might be "Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity".
    Interesting name. Guess its not a million miles from what it'd be in French.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Thanks. I've seen that document already last year, but the budget is only €150 mio. I'm not sure if a restaurant is icluded and that amount. But I read that ED SCA still has another credit worth 100mio from TWDC. So that gives them 250mio.
    Thats a good point. TWDC could have even said, "we pay for the attraction but you've got to pick up the tab for the restaurant." Doesn't seem that unreasonable a request, particularly as ED SCA would have to staff it.

Walt Disney

I think the budget for the restaurant isn't very high compared to the ride because it's just a building.
    Last edited by Fultimate; 01-12-2012 at 05:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast