Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: Collector Alert - Reserve Your Copy Of "Disneyland Paris, From Sketch To Reality"

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Patience... this is small run stuff financed by individuals. Not Sony releasing their next big video game. When you are the small guy, you don't get to dictate strict dates (unless you are really willing to pay for it). So if something comes up, or things don't happen to plan.. just roll with it. No need to get anxious over just a few weeks.
    I am being patient, It's just that I have not heard anything so I am a tad nervous.

Re: Collector Alert - Reserve Your Copy Of "Disneyland Paris, From Sketch To Reality"

Here's an update from Alain Littaye posted in the Magicforum last Saturday:

Hello Everyone, Alain Littaye, here, from Disney and more and author of the DLP From Sketch to Reality book. I'm posting to give you a little update about the DLP book. Lot of work the last three months to make the book as beautiful as possible and to have a release on schedule but we're very close to receive the copies from the printer and expect to ship all orders early May!

Dusty said the same thing on his facebook. So date moved back to May, that's cool we just wanted an update since this thread is pretty dead...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Howdy folks,

We are expecting the books to arrive here at MiceChat any day now. The container ship has already arrived in the US and we've been contacted by Customs.

Since we are shipping out over 300 copies of the book, it won't be possible for us to send everyone shipping tracking info, but I will do my best to send a generic email letting everyone know they are on the way.

Really appreciate your support of this project. *Assuming there is no problem with US Customs, we'll have the books in your hands very soon!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Yesssssss!!!! I can't wait to get my copy! Thanks for all your work on this, Dusty!

YAY! I've been running home every day after work like Bart Simpson waiting for his spy camera

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

UPDATE (May 2, 2012) - Great news! The books have arrived at MiceChat central. As soon as we've had a chance to sort through them we'll start sending them out in the order the sales were placed. January orders will ship first, followed by February, etc. We have over 300 books to ship out, so this may take some time to get through. We will attempt to send email notifications as the orders ship. Thank you everyone!

Find us on Facebook:

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by WaltsMartini View Post
    YAY! I've been running home every day after work like Bart Simpson waiting for his spy camera
    Lady, Where's my Spy Camera? - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Replace the postal worker with my poor fiancee, who gets home before I do - I actually made him call me every day when he got home during the last week of April to tell me if my book was there - poor, poor man.

I think when the book finally gets here, he might throw it at me

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Just an update. We still have a ton of books (literally) which haven't gone out yet. We've enlisted some good friends to come over on Saturday and help us package the rest of the books. They should all be in the mail by Monday, May 14th.
    Find us on Facebook:

• WDW will always be home.

Just got the email notice... They've shipped! Delivery is estimated within the next nine days.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

It came it finally came. THE BIG ONE. Extremely Collectible. Keep Away from non-Disney Fans. The Disneyland Paris, From Sketch to Reality arrived today and i have to say, "Holy Smokes Roger" This book is bigger than i expected. i don't know if i should take off the plastic or open it. AHHHH. I think i might order another one just to keep it in the plastic and then in 500 years donate it to the Louve. Will post pictures soon.
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• former CM

My copy just arrive and it looks great!

Thank you!

After the "Nickel Tour" this is my second favorite Disney photo/illustration book.

Now, if it's not asking too much,
    please re-issue an updated "Nickel Tour,"
    make a WDW book that's in this league.
    and. . . well that' enough for now.

Seriously, thanks again and congratulations on creating such an excellent book!

After surviving an agonizing week of torture, I strolled to my mailbox today fully expecting to be holding my copy of this book. The mailman came and went with nary a trace of my package. After a few choice words for the postal service, which included varying degrees of colorful words, I went about my business for the day. At about four o'clock, there was a knock on the door. As I opened it angels began to sing and a bright ray of light shone on the package the mailman held in his hands. As the singing slowly faded away he explained that the package had fallen under his seat and as if by divine intervention, he reached under his seat to find a white box with my name on it. He apologized and left. Moments later as I opened the box to reveal its contents I again heard singing and praise from the Disney gods for the miracle that I was now holding in my hands. Thank you so much for printing this book and also I want to thank Dusty and his friends for the timely updates and prompt shipment of this magnificent book. It is a truly outstanding work of litersry art.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast