looking to go to dl paris but daughter allergic to eggs, and how fluent is english?

we are thinking about traveling to disneyland paris and staying on site. my daughter is allergic to nuts and eggs. so when we sent 2 weeks at DW last year. we were treated like kings at the restaurants, the exec chef would come out and meet with us and perpare a special meal for my year old. how fluent in english are the disneyland paris folks? and will be get the same treatment?

Re: looking to go to dl paris but daughter allergic to eggs, and how fluent is englis

I don't want to ruin your trip, I just want to warn you, but unfortunately I have to say that the service at DLRP as far from Disney World's.

My girlfriend is vegan and we had a really hard time at DLP. Since your daughter is "only" allergic to nuts and eggs, you will definitely have a better time. I would recommend that you talk to the concierge if you stay in a Disney hotel or to go to guest relations in the City Hall of MS USA upon arrival. There they can help you. However I'm sure the CMs will also offer your daughter these ugly pre-packed food for people with allergies. Don't eat it. It looks disgusting.

When we have been, the chefs didn't do anything to accomodate my girlfreind, while at WDW she was treated very well. There the Chefs talked to her what to prepare to eat. At Disneyland Paris, the manager of Walt's became very unfriendly and didn't talk to us anymore, because we requested something special. I didn't think that it should be a problem for such a restaurant to create something vegan. At least we had a friendly waitress who tried to get something for my girlfriend. She got cooked vegetables and a salad and Disney charged 18 Euros for that. You can imagine how angry we were. Poor CM at City Hall.

English wasn't a problem in the table service restaurants, but at counter service vebues there can be a problem. I would recommend a piece of paper where you write down the allergies of your daughter in French. This helped us a lot, because our French isn't that good anymore. I'm sure a CM at City Hall can do that for you.

Maybe you should try buffet restaurants where you can see the food. Our favorite is Agrabah Cafe since it offers many vegetarian options, like all kind of oriental salads. I'm a vegetarian too, by the way.

In 2010 the pasta served at the counter service restaurants contained eggs. At least most of the CMs said that, other CMs didn't know and some said that the noodles aren't made with eggs. I assume all fast food restaurants in the parks use the same brand and so my girlfriend didn't try it.

This was just our experience. We have been to DLRP five times and only the last trip in 2010 was bad. As I said, I don't want to ruin your trip, I just want to warn you. You shouldn't be disappointed, just because the service didn't live up to your expectations you had from WDW. Disneyland Paris is a wonderful resort and the Disneyland Park is one of the most beautiful parks Disney ever built. We will definitely return and we will not expect the same service like at WDW again. Now we are prepared.

Maybe you should call the Disney Guest Service in advance to get some informations. DLRPMagic.com has the menus of all restaurants online.

I hope I could help you a bit and didn't make you to reconsider your trip. I wish you and your daughter a wonderful trip.

Re: looking to go to dl paris but daughter allergic to eggs, and how fluent is englis

This is the guide for people with allergies and the pre-packed menus. From that I know, certains are good, others not... it's depend the guest lol. You also can check with a restaurant manager which meals are free eggs or nuts.

Guide link

English is not a problem, because you can always find someone to speak english with you (an other CM, a supervisor, a manager...)

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

Yeah that's the pre-packed food I was talking about.

It doesn't look promising, especially when it's still packed like in the picture of the guide.

I wonder why DLRP needs such a thing. Shouldn't it be possible to get a freshly prepared meal that takes the allergies into account. At least at WDW they never offered us such food. At DLRP they offered this pre-packed food several times.

Do you plan to eat mainly at table service restaurants or at fast food restaurants? I'm asking, because in my opinion the fast food at DLRP is not very good. WDW' has a bigger variety and it also tasted better. The table service restaurants were usually very good, except for people with special needs.

Near DLRP there is the Val d'Europe shopping center with many table service restaurants. We have never eaten there, but friends of ours who travel to DLRP once a year, always eat there several times during their stay and they like the restaurants very much. So you may try these as well.

• "The Musical Quil"

I can't say anything about special foods. Our server at Blue Lagoon was willing to put up with our stingyness. We met with the manager when things didn't go well and they comped our meal The manager spoke english fluently. Most cast members know enough to help out but getting specific got a little tricky.
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS