Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: What's With The Hotels???

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    For an architecture and interior design background, I can tell you that the redesign really detracts from the architectural intent Stern had when designing the hotel.

It would have been much more sutable if they remodeled the rooms more like this:

The main problems I have is the furniture (it is way too art deco, it looks like it belongs in Hotel New York), the border, and the lighting fixtures above the bed (they look like outdoor lights).

If those three things were replaced with something alot classier and classic like at Yacht Club it would definitely fit the theme a 100 times better.

But do not get me wrong, this remodel was needed, but I know they could have done better.
    Thatīs what I was thinking, too. The new corridors are nice. But the new room are like out of a characters or toon set. Thatīs not the theme of NPBC. Yes itīs great that they do something. But they should do it right. Also the SL has characters in its rooms but much much nicer and much calmer. The new NPBC rooms are much to childish for me. Seems we get here again one problem of the DLP management thinking: DLP is just for small kids (and some parents around). Not for people over 14 years.

Re: What's With The Hotels???

Um...I don't get it. I don't see obvious differences in quality in any of these comparisons.
    --
    Greg Maletic
    Developer, Wishing Stars: an exciting iPhone adventure you play at the Disney Parks!
    Get the latest Wishing Stars news on Twitter!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234