Star Wars Land (2015)

A project named "Star Wars Land" for Disneyland Paris is rumored to consist in :

-Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
    -La Cantina (the restaurant in the Star Wars movies)
    -Jedi Training Academy
    -And maybe something else.

More information as soon as possible.

• Timelord

Re: Star Wars Land (2015)

Looks like there would be room to the left of the attraction, or on the other side of the train tracks for expansion. Overall, DLP seems to have a lot of room for expansion.

Well considering they've just annouced EO is closing soon, it could be an oppotunity to 'knock through'?

• Cool Yule

^We could hope, but you know what ED are like. They'll stall and stall and put a Fotolocation in.

A Star Wars land would be something, so long as its not part of Discoveryland, although that thematic ship has long since sailed.

Its quite frustrating to see just how much land there is that can be used for that land. They could have (or still can) add something as big as Soarin' (irrespective of what you think of it) or maybe the 20k attraction from TDS.

All we need is a few million....

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

A Star Wars mini land would be nice, because that area behind SM feels like a dead zone. But didn't Mr. Gas say in a round table discussion last year that he doesn't want to spend so much money just for a revamp of an existing ride. According to him guests are still fine with Star Tours. A Star Wars mini land without ST II wouldn't make any sense. If it's just another meet and greet I really don't need it.

Disney should also get rid of that ugly Toy Story restaurant. And one day I hope WDI will add Tourney to the Centre of the Earth behind SM. It would fit so perfectly into the Discovery theme. I know it's just wishful thinking, but that ride would make so much sense in Discoveryland. Disney should also retheme SM back to De La Terre A La Lune with that fantastic soundtrack.
    Buzz Lightyear sould be moved to the Studios, because in my opinion that attraction ruins the look of Discoveryland. It just doesn't fit the visionary theme. It could be replaced with a wonderful Jules Verne inspired restaurant.

Wink Re: Star Wars Land (2015)

It's nearly impossible to move such an omnimover. Moreover, Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast is EXTREMELY popular in Disneyland Paris. One should change the pre-show and present Buzz as the inventor of the XP-41 and the Anti-robots lasergun. Buzz should be presented as a visionary with just little changes in the waiting area.

Getting rid of the Toy Story Pizza Planet needs to happen. I couldn't believe how poor that whole set up was!!! I'm glad I checked it out before taking the kids in there, they would have been disapointed to see it was like a school cafeteria.

• Cool Yule

Thankfully I've never had the pleasure of Pizza Planet, heck I wouldn't even know how to get in the place. I've never seen the entrance..

EDIT: OK, just looked up some pictures and that place looks vile. It'd even look bad in Toy Story Playland. Get it gone!!

I presume its that small marquee to the right in the picture in the first post? If that's the case then shouldn't take much to rip it out.

While we're at it, what's the larger marquee to the left? That looks like its hogging a whole lot of space.
    Last edited by Hathaway Browne; 03-19-2012 at 12:48 PM.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    It's nearly impossible to move such an omnimover. Moreover, Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast is EXTREMELY popular in Disneyland Paris. One should change the pre-show and present Buzz as the inventor of the XP-41 and the Anti-robots lasergun. Buzz should be presented as a visionary with just little changes in the waiting area.
    I know that's not going to happen. It's just wishful thinking. I would already be happy, if WDI would redesign the outside of the building. They should bring down the silver colours and replace is with the golden, brown and blue colours to match Orbitron, SM and Videopolis. This alone would help to give Discoveryland a single look.

It seems we all here agree that the ugly Pizza Planet should be removed. I've eaten there once, because it wasn't that crowded. Afterwards I knew why there weren't any people. The food was cold and the service was just bad. I know that happens every day at each counter service restaurant at DLRP, but at least the other restaurants have a nice setting. Pizza Planet is just ugly.