Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Geek

Captain EO to close! Noooooooooo

Disney and More has posted that Captain EO is going to close on April 2.

I know there are a lot of MJ haters, i myself am one of them, but for pure park and 80's nostalgia EO couldn't be beat! So glad i got to see it last year.

• Disney + Menken fan

Re: Captain EO to close! Noooooooooo

I'm not that sad to see it go, I'm more curious to see what will replace it!
    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
    ~Finding Nemo

• Bangarang!

^Same here. Bringing back "Cherie" would be a stpuid idea, but I can't see them shelling out for anything new.

I guess the theatre is going to sit dormant for now.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

I know I have said this on another thread but could it be that the star tours might 'knock thru'?

Or soarin it is!!!

• Bangarang!

^Well it'd certainly free up a lot of real estate.

I've seen it mentioned elsewhere (and please bear in mind that this is a suggestion, not a rumour) that they could utilise the 3D equipment from the theatre and install it in WDS' Studio 3 (Animagique) and convert the attraction to Mickey's PhilharMagic.

World's your oyster then with the old CinéMagique theatre..

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Captain EO is now very unpopular in Disneyland Paris on the contrary of the american resorts. Its waiting time never exceed 5 minutes (even on Saturdays and Sundays).

New home for Country Bears?

But yeah, I'm really wondering what they will use the area for next!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Hmm, maybe one of three things already discussed:

1) What Hathway Browne Said about the 3D equipment being moved over to WDS to the Animagique theater to make it a home for Mickey's PhilarMagic.
    2)Pinkflutterby mentioned two possibilities for The Old CinéMagique theatre: becomes an extension of Star Tours: The Adventures Continue or a home for Soarin'(though that seems unlikely, I don't know about the space around the theatre other than that it shares with Star Tours and the train)

I would be amazed if they came up with a new attraction for the theatre.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Suspended

I think Soarin' would be a natural addition to Discoveryland as a replacement for Captain EO. The Soarin' showbuilding is approximately the same size as Star Tours located right next to it so the ride will definitely fit. It will continue the original theme of Discoveryland with a DaVinci/victorian flying machines theme. Also, I cannot imagine Soarin' costing more than $100 million so it would be relatively inexpensive. Best of all it will bring a new, popular, e-ticket attraction to Disneyland Park, where Space Mountain was the last major addition, and equalizing expansion between the Studios and the original park.

However, I do not know how congested it may get to have three popular e-tickets (Space Mountain, Star Tours, Soarin') located in such close proximity.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    Captain EO is now very unpopular in Disneyland Paris on the contrary of the american resorts. Its waiting time never exceed 5 minutes (even on Saturdays and Sundays).
    Maybe they should remake it starring David Hasselhoff.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    I think Soarin' would be a natural addition to Discoveryland as a replacement for Captain EO. The Soarin' showbuilding is approximately the same size as Star Tours located right next to it so the ride will definitely fit. It will continue the original theme of Discoveryland with a DaVinci/victorian flying machines theme. Also, I cannot imagine Soarin' costing more than $100 million so it would be relatively inexpensive. Best of all it will bring a new, popular, e-ticket attraction to Disneyland Park, where Space Mountain was the last major addition, and equalizing expansion between the Studios and the original park.

However, I do not know how congested it may get to have three popular e-tickets (Space Mountain, Star Tours, Soarin') located in such close proximity.
    Also it would make sense having three transportation related attractions located near each other (Train, Star Tours, Soarin')

A Soarin' attraction would be interesting, but the current movie wouldn't fit into Discoveryland. WDI would have to produce a new one. It could be based on one of the European Visionairies.

• Bangarang!

^Well they could do "Soarin' over Europe" but with limited time you only get to cover so much, but I think we can all put up with an abridged trip over the continent.

They other key thing is that it fits much better in Discoveryland than the Studios. However the only snag to the plan (before the money issue) is that while it would be the logical move, ED rarely does the sensible thing..

Walt Disney

If Soarin' comes, it'll be located in the Walt Disney Studios next to CinéMagique in an area called Hollywood Studio after placemaking (the current Production Courtyard). As Hollywood is in California, this is Soarin' over California they'd build.

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    If Soarin' comes, it'll be located in the Walt Disney Studios next to CinéMagique in an area called Hollywood Studio after placemaking (the current Production Courtyard). As Hollywood is in California, this is Soarin' over California they'd build.
    I know that, but I think it would be much more interesting to put that ride into Discoveryland. WDI could come up with something new.

By the way is the Production Courtyard makeover still on the agenda? It was first mentioned when TOT opened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast