Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Star Tours II and Toy Story Mania! coming to Disneyland Paris.

It's official and not a rumor anymore. Philippe Gas, Disneyland Paris's CEO, said in L'Express that the next ride in the Disneyland Park (Paris) is going to be Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. Moreover, Disneyland Paris is studying an interactive Toy Story attraction (Toy Story Mania for the Walt Disney Studios Park after Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity).

img00510 - Servimg.com - Free image hosting service
    img00410 - Servimg.com - Free image hosting service

Information from Disney Central Plaza.

Name:  tsmania.jpg
Views: 1362
Size:  98.2 KB
    Name:  ST2.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  161.4 KB
    Last edited by Fultimate; 04-15-2012 at 12:55 PM.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: Star Tours II and Toy Story Mania! coming to Disneyland Paris.

Did they rob a bank? And they are "studying" TSM? pony up the money and it will be built.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Did they rob a bank?
    EVERY Disney resort in the world is going to have a huge placemaking program (DCA's placemaking, Fantasyland Expansion, Hong Kong Disneyland Expansion, TDS new additions, ...) except Disneyland Paris which has a second park (Walt Disney Studios Park) which really sucks. Toy Story Mania is probably going to be part of a placemaking.
    Last edited by Fultimate; 04-15-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Did they rob a bank? And they are "studying" TSM? pony up the money and it will be built.
    Well at least they are doing something. You have to spend money to make money.

That's good to hear. When did Mr. Gas change his mind? He has always said that he doesn't want to spend so much money on a revamp of an existing ride.

Do we already have a date when ST closes? Are these two rides part of the credit line TWDC gave EDSCA in recent years?

• Tomorrow's Child

Great news. Let the speculation commence on the location for the Midway Mania attraction..

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

If TSMM is really coming, I still have my doubts, I hope WDI comes up with a Pixar Studios building like at DHS. I wonder where it could be built inside WDSP. It only fits into Toon Studios, but that area got so many new rides in recent years. It's about time that the other areas get some attention as well.Maybe Toon Studios gets transformed into Pixar Studios. They only need to redesign the Flying Carpets to Pixar and replace Animagique and AoDA with something that is also related to Pixar.

Toy Story is a save bet for DLP's management. It's not too expensive and it's already popular in the US. In addition DLP doesn't have to pay for research and developement costs, because Anaheim, Orlando and Tokyo got it as well. TSM is one of the easiest way to increase the dark rides and that's why I always wondered why the money saving management didn't choose it instead of Ratatouille.

I really wish WDI would come up with an original attraction for Backlot that has actually something to do with a movie studio.
    I guess WDSP has to be seen more like Universal Studios where you ride the movies instead of a park that offers both, riding the movies and how a movie studio works. I think the latter one is gone.

Honestly I don't need a new attraction, I would be much happier if the current park gets a better theming. Didn't Disney mention a few years ago a Production Courtyard makeover designed to the Hollywood of the 50s.

@ Dagobert : A placemaking is rumored but not official for the moment. Toon Studios is rumored to become a kind of Pixar World, Backlot is rumored to become Marvel Studios, Production Courtyard is rumored to become Hollywood Studio. The whole park is rumored to be renamed "Disney Hollywood Adventure". This is not a joke, those rumors are serious, but are absolutely not official at present.

Thanks Fultimate!

I really, really hope that the name change will not turn into reality. Walt Disney Studios Park is perfect and it transports the meaning of Hollywood and the Disney movies as good as Disney Hollywood Adventure. Someone at Disney seems to love name changes and the word Adventure.

Newsparcs.com has a good summary about the interview of Mr. Gas in the French magazine L'Express.

http://www.newsparcs.com/en/article/00005757-disneyland_paris_ceo_philippe_gas_unveils_plans_fo rfuture_projects

About the new name, some rumors are "Disney Hollywood Adventure" or "Disney Studios Adventure".

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

What awful names! If they have to rename why can't it be Disney's Hollywood Studios.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    If TSMM is really coming, I still have my doubts, I hope WDI comes up with a Pixar Studios building like at DHS. I wonder where it could be built inside WDSP. It only fits into Toon Studios, but that area got so many new rides in recent years. It's about time that the other areas get some attention as well.Maybe Toon Studios gets transformed into Pixar Studios. They only need to redesign the Flying Carpets to Pixar and replace Animagique and AoDA with something that is also related to Pixar.

Toy Story is a save bet for DLP's management. It's not too expensive and it's already popular in the US. In addition DLP doesn't have to pay for research and developement costs, because Anaheim, Orlando and Tokyo got it as well. TSM is one of the easiest way to increase the dark rides and that's why I always wondered why the money saving management didn't choose it instead of Ratatouille.

I really wish WDI would come up with an original attraction for Backlot that has actually something to do with a movie studio.
    I guess WDSP has to be seen more like Universal Studios where you ride the movies instead of a park that offers both, riding the movies and how a movie studio works. I think the latter one is gone.

Honestly I don't need a new attraction, I would be much happier if the current park gets a better theming. Didn't Disney mention a few years ago a Production Courtyard makeover designed to the Hollywood of the 50s.
    I'd like to see TSMM placed in TSPL if possible and it would be cool if it was in a structure meant to be a giant replica of Andy's wagon toybox.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

What awful names, they are terrible. If these rumours are true, it clearly shows that Disney has no clue in what direction they want to go. I wonder if they really have a masterplan. That park needs a DCA makeover, a name change doesn't help at all. In my opinion TSPL is the reason why they are so screwed up now. They just added a few carnival rides that have nothing to with a movie studio. You can't even argue that you are riding the movie, because the setting is Andy's backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I'd like to see TSMM placed in TSPL if possible and it would be cool if it was in a structure meant to be a giant replica of Andy's wagon toybox.
    If the Toy Story ride did come to the parks, then the Toy Story-themed area makes the most sense where to put it.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Don't Ratatouille and Midway Mania have the same kind of ride systems? Isn't that bothering anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast