Talking Disneyland Paris, as seen by Californians

Having browsed miceage and micechat before, this is the first time I have something to post. We are self-proclaimed disney snobs, and went to Disneyland Paris for our first time. A full trip report with lots of photos is at "abeaumonster.typepad.com". Feel free to browse it if you are interested! Have a good day!

Re: Disneyland Paris, as seen by Californians

Welcome to mice chat. Thank you for your TR. A little bit harsh IMO.

• Not here to help

DLP is the best Magic Kingdom IMO. The shows and parades has never been its forte.
    I would like to hear how much the second gate sucked though. It really is the worst park of all.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    DLP is the best Magic Kingdom IMO. The shows and parades has never been its forte. I would like to hear how much the second gate sucked though. It really is the worst park of all.
    For now...

Name:  DoloresUmbridge.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  113.4 KB

Atfer seeing Toy Story Mania, Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity, the rumored Marvel robocoaster dark-ride (a ride supposed to be like Harry Potter and the Foridden Journey) and the other rumored rides, I think I'll change my mind.

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    For now...
    You have to give the studios some credit. Crush is great. It's a great dark ride, followed by a spinning Space Mountain! The live show is very well done as well and really impressed me.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    You have to give the studios some credit. Crush is great. It's a great dark ride, followed by a spinning Space Mountain! The live show is very well done as well and really impressed me.
    I think WDS has some really great things to do:
    Tower, Crush, Aerosmith, Cinemagique and even the tacky RC racer.
    But its like eating a well prepared stake with tasty sauce out of a dumpster.

WDS still sucks. Ill be 45 before they have sorted that park out. I am not negative now... Im actually being positive about the whole parkinglot construction. To anyone that is planning to go there... DON`T! There are so many better things on earth to spend money on that that boring piece of PARK

Spend two days in DLP insted... that place is great.

Now where is that bulldozer?
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

I agree. I only had a day to spend at Disneyland Paris. We headed to WDS later in the day, but after 45 minutes there, we had had enough. We would have much rather spent our time at DLP rather than attempt to ride even one attraction at WDS...

I have been going to Disneyland Paris fairly regularly since 1992 but I have also been to both the American resorts and Tokyo.

To be honest having read the trip report I can understand why some people, especially those exposed to the California park, might be disappointed by Disneyland Paris.

There are three things that Disneyland Paris just cannot get right by comparison to the US parks and those are:
    a) the weather (a bit beyond their control but Disney did choose to site the park in Marne La Vallee!!);
    b) the staff and the local tourists (Even as a British person I'm surprised at how surly both cast members and guests can be);
    c) the upkeep of the resort, especially the Disney Village and the hotels, which have become increasingly tacky over the past 15 years or so

I tend to agree with those people who say that the Disneyland Paris park itself is one of the most beautiful, and I thought that the original Space Mountain was absolutely terrific...but the Walt Disney Studios park is an abomination and certainly the most lazy and embarrassing park Disney has ever been involved with. I'd like to see a DCA-style placemaking project on a grand scale for the WDS to make it feel less like a car park and more like a theme park.

So while I continue to revisit Disneyland Paris every year or two and I always get into the magic mood, I always find that the US and Tokyo parks have the edge.