Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Walt Disney Studios Placemaking is now official

In an official report one can read "Investments increased driven by continued spending to improve the guest experience, including the preparation for the 20th Anniversary and a multi-year expansion of the Walt Disney Studios Park".

EDIT BREAKING NEWS : This 5-year expansion has just been announced by Philippe Gas. It will start in 2014 with the Ratatouille area and finish in 2018 !
    Last edited by Fultimate; 06-02-2012 at 12:08 PM.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Re: Walt Disney Studios Placemaking is now official

I'll be glad to see this happen. It's a horribly ugly theme park.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Not here to help

a multi-year expansion of the Walt Disney Studios Park
    That could be anything from new restrooms and dining options to a new ride. The park has enogh rides to be called a one day park. The problem is not the size but rather the look of it all. It needs to be rebuilt mainly and not expanded.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-12-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

I agree with 3xTimmy, the WDS Park need a complete replacemaking like DCA.

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    a multi-year expansion of the Walt Disney Studios Park
    That could be anything from new restrooms and dining options to a new ride. The park has enogh rides to be called a one day park. The problem is not the size but rather the look of it all. It needs to be rebuilt mainly and not expanded.
    This park doesn't have enough rides because :

- There aren't any family E-ticket in this park
    - Family rides only consist in carnival rides and shows in this park
    - There aren't any audio animatronics in this park (execpt a shark and two seagulls)
    - Even if it's a proper park for those who like thrill rides, it's a boring park for kids and families (Disneyland's target)

I agree that it would be the best to rebuild the whole park, except for Front Lot, which I really like. The only thing that Front Lot needs is a nice Cafe with an outdoor seating area. The should use a part of the Walt Disney Studios Store for such a Cafe. The store is a bit too big.

Unfortunately a complete rebuilding isn't going to happen so we can only hope for a huge makeover for the rest of the park. I guess that's also very unlikely in the near future.

WDI should transform the Toon Studios area into a Pixar Place like at DHS. Nearly all attractions are based on Pixar and it's easy to replace Animagique and to redesign Flying Carpets to Pixar. The Pixar Place could get a second entrance at the end of an extanded Hollywood Blvd.

Production Courtyard should get the 50s makeover that is rumoured for years now to blend with Hollywood Blvd. WDI could also use a Tram, like at DCA, to bring some life to the street. It could run from ToT to the Plaza in front of Studio 1 and from there along the Hollywood Blvd.

Since Marvel is a huge hit for TWDC, I can imagine that they want to use it for the parks. Some have suggested to use Backlot for a Marvel makeover. I'm not sure if it's a good idea. It shouldn't be a problem to retheme Rock'n'Rollercoaster, which I really like because of Aerosmith, and to replace Armageddon, but what should they do with the car stunt show. It could also be rethemed to Marvel, but in my opinion the current version is really good in explaining the tricks.

The park needs family dark rides, restaurants and a full circle and not three dead end streets.

• Bangarang!

^Excellent ideas. Although if they're really going to expand further backwards, then I could see them having a Marvel Land.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

That's a good idea to put in a Marvel Land. How about putting the rumored Star Wars Land in Disney Studios?
    Of course, there's always my way....

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    This park doesn't have enough rides because :

- There aren't any family E-ticket in this park
    - Family rides only consist in carnival rides and shows in this park
    - There aren't any audio animatronics in this park (execpt a shark and two seagulls)
    - Even if it's a proper park for those who like thrill rides, it's a boring park for kids and families (Disneyland's target)
    AAs is a thing of the past according to what we have seen lately.
    They could add a ride or two to make it more family friendly. If they expand that is what they will do no doubt.
    If they keep the theme it has today the park will always remain boring... for everyone exept the blind and the die hard fans in the WDS fan forum la magique... or whatever.

I doubt big changes are on the way... sadly.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

That's a good idea to put in a Marvel Land. How about putting the rumored Star Wars Land in Disney Studios?

Unfortunately that's not going to happen, because the Star Tours simulators are already in Discoveryland and I highly doubt Disney would move them to the Studios.
    However I would also like to see them inside the Studios. Then Discoveryland could be just themed around Jules Verne and other visionairies. That means Buzz has also to move or rethemed. As I've said many times before, that ride was the beginning of the down turn of Discoveryland.

Avengers: The Ride (rumored robocoaster ?) seems now to be an obviousness with the success of the movie :

Name:  the-avengers.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  148.5 KB

[BREAKING NEWS] Philippe Gas (CEO Disneyland Paris) has just announced to DLP's shareholders a placemaking program for the Walt Disney Studios Park. It's going to last 5 years just like what they've done in Disney California Adventure. The program will start in 2014 with the Ratatouille area and finish in 2018.

I look forward to Disney France Adventure!

• Lost Boy

Where did you see that Fultimate? Looking for more details about what exactly he said... that is very exciting tho!
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

He's announced a program of new attractions focussing on the Walt Disney Studios Park until 2018. For now, the number of attractions, the budget and the content of this program is a mystery. We just know that a Ratatouille Ride and a Ratatouille Restaurant are going to open in 2014. Ratatouille is the program's first step.

They apparently have very good results thanks to Disney Dreams which is very successful!

Information on Disney Central Plaza.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast