Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Just back from Disneyland Paris

I have just come back from Disneyland Paris with many thoughts which I'll share a bit later. But many positives things to report and a few negatives. The worst one being how shocking some of the Animatronics and various ride effects were in the various attractions. Main ones being Pirates and Phantom Manor. Some minor improvements were made during the week. But I know a lot of the problems were evident last month. And that's even more shocking that these issues have yet to be fixed. Don't let pictures of refurbishments that some have been posting on various message boards fool you. Yeah the park looks good on the outside but the same love and care has not been shown to the attractions. I'll rant on this a bit more later and in my view a Resort suffering in ride capacity, entertainment, and we even had the Characters go on strike on one of the days. But I'll also report back on the positives like how amazing Disney Dreams the new show was and some other stuff.

Re: Just back from Disneyland Paris

I expected that. It's always the same. DLP does cosmetic refurbs and many Disney fans go crazy about the improvent, while the truth is that the mein problems, like ride effects or AA don't get fixed.

It's always the same. We have been in 2010 the last time and before we went some rides got refurbs. They looked nice and new on the outside, but the inside was as bad as before.

Sadly more people care about the outside than about the ride itself.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    I expected that. It's always the same. DLP does cosmetic refurbs and many Disney fans go crazy about the improvent, while the truth is that the mein problems, like ride effects or AA don't get fixed.

It's always the same. We have been in 2010 the last time and before we went some rides got refurbs. They looked nice and new on the outside, but the inside was as bad as before.

That is what I have been saying all the time. But then people start to moan and complain about how negative I am and how much I ruin their fun and other things.

New paint is not a refurb, its a cover up!
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-19-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Malin about the Character strike it wasn't over pay or anything like that. It was over a cast member sexually harassing another cast member in the character department!

As for the AA and effects not working, let me guess in PM the mirrors are not working, In Pirates the dog is missing and sword fighting pirates are missing.

• Minion

ORDDU: Let's hope our Timmy is vindicated by what others are seeing, too. It's a shame they don't keep those animatronic characters in good working order. Trying to cover up the inner problems is NOT the way to go. Thank you for your observations, Malin, dear!

• Banned User

Unfortunately people seem more upset and angry that the Characters had gone on strike. Is a sad situation and very telling of the standard of Guests expectation. Its a sign that Management don't care if the rides on the inside are falling apart since no one seems to notice.

That is what I have been saying all the time. But then people start to moan and complain about how negative I am and how much I ruin their fun and other things.
    You will always have that group of fanatics who simply are blinded by the truth that can be seen in front of them. Well done Disneyland Paris for spending all that money on fixing the Jolly Roger. Even through is had little choice because the thing was falling apart anyway thanks to years of neglect. Interesting I posted this thread on that other forum and its recieved no response except from Davewasbaloo and Dagobert who have posted similar stuff and experience. The rest of the fanbase has chosen to ignore the facts.

Malin about the Character strike it wasn't over pay or anything like that. It was over a cast member sexually harassing another cast member in the character department!
    Thanks for clearing up the details. Interesting to see how different the version of events were to the rumours being discussed by Guests at the park. Of course Euro Disney S.C.A failed to provide official word. So it opens itself up to false rumours being leaked out.

As for the AA and effects not working, let me guess in PM the mirrors are not working, In Pirates the dog is missing and sword fighting pirates are missing.
    Also in Phantom Manor some of the Ghosts were broken in the Ball Room scene. So was the Phantom himself and some of the holograms in that room. In the Graveyard scene one of the singing Bust was out of sych with the others and the music. The Mayor was broken although some of him was working again by the end of the week.

In Pirates the Swinging Pirate was broken but was back up again by the later part of the week. The lift chain was broken. And one of the AA's in the auction scene was broken. Plus dozens of smaller effects in both attractions.

• Minion

ORDDU: It would be most interesting to see what Pest Relations would say if they got some letters of complaint about how the attractions are falling apart without being repaired. Would they even respond?

Guest Communication (or Guest Relations) would say something like :

"Thank you for your comments. Be sure that the quality of our attractions are a priority and we are sorry about the situations described.

Be sure that your comments are followed at the maintenance service and quality supervisor of the parks etc...

And we hope to see you again soon at the resort."

That's true, your comments are taken in consideration by the services, but they don't really change the situation.

I hate to see my parks deteriorate days after days and have to wait long times to see something fixed or repaired...

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Unfortunately people seem more upset and angry that the Characters had gone on strike. Is a sad situation and very telling of the standard of Guests expectation. Its a sign that Management don't care if the rides on the inside are falling apart since no one seems to notice.

You will always have that group of fanatics who simply are blinded by the truth that can be seen in front of them. Well done Disneyland Paris for spending all that money on fixing the Jolly Roger. Even through is had little choice because the thing was falling apart anyway thanks to years of neglect. Interesting I posted this thread on that other forum and its recieved no response except from Davewasbaloo and Dagobert who have posted similar stuff and experience. The rest of the fanbase has chosen to ignore the facts.
    As long as you don't post anything about characters, no one is interested on the other board. It seems there no one likes to hear bad things about DLRP. And if you post such bad things you hardly get a good conversation out of that. I really enjoyed that board until late 2010. Since then so many have left, especially many long term German posters due to the fact that there's now a good German Disney board, and then the board turned more into a trip planning board.

• Banned User

I've raised this issue with Guests relations before and nothing has been done to improve the problem. In fact its worst than its ever been. Management simply don't care or take any pride in the Resort. These sort of issues rarely get picked up by Guests. But the moment the Characters strike everyone is at City Hall ranting and taking there frustrations out on the Cast Members.

I feel the Moderating on that board is a massive joke. One of them doesn't even post on it anymore. And the other one try's to be critical but never to much or he knows he can say goodbye to the invites. Sell outs I feel the word to describe it is unfortunately. And your absolutely right about the level of good conversation to be found on that board. And when something serious is brought up like the strikes people's views are both ignorant and dumb.

How can we make clear to management that quality problem?

Even from inside the company, it does not seem to be a priority. The show is at its minimum and when you ask for something, the answer is always financial.

Efforts have been made, but are not sufficient.

English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Loc Potter View Post
    How can we make clear to management that quality problem?

Even from inside the company, it does not seem to be a priority. The show is at its minimum and when you ask for something, the answer is always financial.

Efforts have been made, but are not sufficient.
    I guess we can't do anything about that. As long as the company has to repay the debts, I can't imagine a big improvement. However it makes we wonder that the company did a much better job during the 15th Anniversary than for the 20th Anniversary. Everyone is blinded by the new Dreams show, but maintenance, despite the refurb program, which turned out to be nothing more than a cosmetic refurb, is worse than a few years ago. Entertainment had to cut back and attractions and restaurants close early, open late or don't open at all. In general it may be true that the parks are in a worse condition.

Hopefully Mr. Baxter saw those problems during his visit, too. Maybe it will help to change things.

It's a joke that Christmas banners can still be seen on it's a small world. Come on, it's May.

I think this is best symbolised by the repaint of the train station for the giant twenty. Looks great from the one section, but the other two sides are still rotting away and even the rear of the newly painted girders are rotting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkflutterby View Post
    I think this is best symbolised by the repaint of the train station for the giant twenty. Looks great from the one section, but the other two sides are still rotting away and even the rear of the newly painted girders are rotting.
    Last year'S refurb program was nothing more than a cosmetic project. Some buildings and attractions look nice and new from the outside, but the inside still needs a lot of work. According to members from other boards and friends of mine who have recently returned from DLRP, the resort is in a worse condition than during the 15th Anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkflutterby View Post
    I posted this many times on different french forums, it's a shame !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast