Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Meet Mickey Mouse

    Disneyland Paris opened its newest attraction on the 17th of May at the old Fantasy Festival Stage Theatre in Fantasyland. I was on hand to take pictures.

    Meet Mickey Mouse | Facebook

  2. #2

    • Not here to help
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,107

    Re: Meet Mickey Mouse

    Great pics!

    Alot of people may wonder why Mickey isn´t moving his mouth in this new meet and greet thing. Here is the answer: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    759

    Re: Meet Mickey Mouse

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Great pics!

    Alot of people may wonder why Mickey isn´t moving his mouth in this new meet and greet thing. Here is the answer: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney
    That may be a reason for that, but I also think the fact that there are so many guests with different languages may also be a reason for that.

    Thanks Malin for the wonderful pictures. DLRP can still create some nice environments like that. I prefer DLP's location over the Main Street location at WDW. In my opinion it makes more sense to put the Mickey M&G into Fantasyland.

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: Meet Mickey Mouse

    I don't have an issue with them using the non moving head. Dagobert brings up good reason to not use the heads. Its always something that can be introduced later.

    I'm glad to see the venue getting some use although and I don't really have an issue with the location. But wow where have all the Characters gone around the parks. Main Street you have Duffy & Pooh and the Train about 2-3 times a day. No other Characters were out. The Studios was once full of them and now the only ones I spotted were Minnie, Mickey, Buzz and Pluto. The lack of Characters was so bad it took me half a day to figure out that the Characters had gone on strike. Even walking pass Cafe Mickey it appears to have a lot less Characters out and about.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    759

    Re: Meet Mickey Mouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I don't have an issue with them using the non moving head. Dagobert brings up good reason to not use the heads. Its always something that can be introduced later.
    I'm not that much into characters and so I don't mind the non-moving head. Honestly it felt a bit weired when I saw it the first time at WDW.

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    273

    Re: Meet Mickey Mouse

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Great pics!

    Alot of people may wonder why Mickey isn´t moving his mouth in this new meet and greet thing. Here is the answer: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney
    The answer is that DLP's guests speak many different languages such as French, Spanish, English, German, Italian, Dutch, etc. The announcements in Disneyland Paris are in those six different languages. It would be impossible to speak all those languages for a normal cast member. To avoid deceiving international guests by not understanding them, Mickey doesn't talk.
    Last edited by Fultimate; 05-22-2012 at 12:44 PM.

  7. #7

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8

    Re: Meet Mickey Mouse

    It is good decision by the Disney land authority for getting idea of Micky Mouse, It is mostly attract to the children and make them busy in a better manner. Many other parks and fun places bring new ideas for the attraction of people and children.

  8. #8

    • Not here to help
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,107

    Re: Meet Mickey Mouse

    Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    The answer is that DLP's guests speak many different languages such as French, Spanish, English, German, Italian, Dutch, etc. The announcements in Disneyland Paris are in those six different languages. It would be impossible to speak all those languages for a normal cast member. To avoid deceiving international guests by not understanding them, Mickey doesn't talk.
    I think you are wrong... I think it has to do with money. A talking Mickey head is expensive. The would have to hire many voice actors to record the track for a Mickey meet and greet. But it is possible to do it. The parents of the child could be asked before they enter what language they speak and the proper pre recorded track could be chosen for that child. It would be a bit more expensive than other meets and greets but it would be better. The only reasoon they don´t is the very same reason everything stinks in DLP.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    280

    Re: Meet Mickey Mouse

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    ....The only reasoon they don´t is the very same reason everything stinks in DLP.
    Dude, Discovery Health "Should I see a doctor about depression?"
    - Milo

  10. #10

    • Not here to help
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,107

    Re: Meet Mickey Mouse

    Are you calling me mantally ill?
    What on earth gives YOU the right to judge another persons mental health like that in a themepark forum?
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 07-08-2012 at 08:58 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Similar Threads

  1. [News] [20th] Meet Mickey Mouse!
    By DisneylandParis in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 02:42 PM
  2. [News] Meet Mickey Mouse... with Fastpass.
    By MactheMan in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 07:36 PM
  3. [News] Talking Mickey Mouse Meet & Greet (merged)
    By nonob88 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 266
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 12:53 PM
  4. I finally get to meet Mickey Mouse!
    By WatchYourHeadNStep in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 12:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •