• Not here to help

The food problem in DLP

Disney and more brought up a well known problem with the service in DLP recently.
    The thing is that itīs not easy to find something proper to eat in DLP after 7 pm. No matter what people think about the food in the park people become hungry and want to spend money on something to eat and drink. But itīs not that easy. I like the part in the blogg post where CMs suggest Disneyland guests to leave the park if they are hungry.

Take a look: http://disneyandmore.blogspot.se/201...ris-after.html

Thanks to:
    http://disneyandmore.blogspot.se

The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: The food problem in DLP

Waiting times at the counter service Restaurants was a massive issue all this week. It was actually quicker to get a meal at a table service Restaurant. No exaggeration and I'm glad Alain has brought the issue up. Since I was planning to complain about this seperately. I can confirm Cast Members were not only slow but understaffed to deal with the numbers. The Restaurants were packed out and thats the few that were actually opened that late into the night.

One of the issues has to involve the late 7:00 pm Parade start time. People tend to camp out a place an hour before and will go and get something to eat after the Parade finishes at around 7:15-7.30 pm. And this appears to be when the Restaurants are unable to handle the high demand. But the slow wait times are evident through out the day and even at 11:00 am which is a slow time. Telling Guests to leave the park and visit Disney Village is also a strange comment to make. Because it likely will send them straight over to a non Disney franchise like Mcdonalds, RainForest Cafe or Planet Hollywood. The whole point of the new night-time show Dreams is to keep people inside the parks spending money for longer.

It does make you wonder if Euro Disney S.C.A want the parks to ever make profit. Because its going the right way about doing it. At one point I was so frustrated with waiting for an over priced mediocre meal that I walked out of the line after 10 minutes without it moving and headed over to the Earl of Sandwich in the Disney Village. Not only was the food very tasty but all the ingrediants were freshly made and waiting time was quick. And that included the 5-10 minute wait to have the sandwich made up and toasted.

I was at the Resort for a couple of peak days and it concerns me greatly how bad in capacity both parks are not only in Restaurants but also ride capacity. 85 minute wait for Star Tours. 60 minute wait for Pirates one of the fastest moving attractions for Guests numbers. This is unaceptable and even visiting Disneyland in California during the height of Summer I know Pirates is at the most a 20 minute wait. The thing that concerns me the most is that Philipe Gas honestly thinks the Resort in its present stucture and capacity should be attracting 20 million Guests each year. That concerns me because the Resort is unable to handle at the moment the 14-15 million that come through the gates each year.

Whats the point of having all those restaurants if they are not open half the time!

• Nutty about Disney parks

I know that I can't function if I don't eat. Therefore, the idea that people will shop if they can't eat is a ridiculous idea since many people won't have the energy to shop and will therefore retreat to their hotel rooms instead not spending a dime in the parks. Not the brightest bunch the people who came up with this idea.

We came back a week and a half ago and we were either really, really lucky or we ate at the right time because we didn't have to wait overly for any of the meals we had. Granted, we ate earlier than most (6.50, 7.30, 7.50) but there didn't seem to be an issue.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Yeah, they got a food problem fer dang sure! The biggest problem they got is what's on the dang menu!! A witch cain't find a single place that serves up fried frog legs, let alone stewed nettles er worms on a stick! How does they expect the public ta be satisfied when they don't even have staples like THAT?!?!

Until now we only had problems with the quality of the food. The fast food at DLRP is a joke, especially the burgers. Luckily I don't eat them anymore, since I turned into a vegetarian. But that's a real issue now at DLRP. The vegetarian choices are really bad and when you ask a manager at a table service restaurant, you get yelled at. I couldn't belive that when that happened to us in 2010. Of course they got a long complaint email. Andnearly 4 months later I got a reply. What a service. We haven't been since then, so I don't know if the choices have been improved.

At WDW they did everything to prepare wonderful meals for us. DLRP can learn a lot from them.

So now it means the quality is bad and most of the restaurants are closed. Well done Disney. That's how to operate a resort and satisfy guests.

I really hope they sort out these problems until September when we will go.

It's good that Alain Littaye posted that on his blog so that more and more people become aware of that and complain.

The sad thing is: This opening hours problem is not just a restaurant thing. You will have a really big problem if you have the idea to get on an attraction around special times. You get problems in the early morning and you get problems in the afternoon and evening.

The question is: If I pay an entrance fee for a whole day, why do I just get a half day...

Quote Originally Posted by Riebi View Post
    The sad thing is: This opening hours problem is not just a restaurant thing. You will have a really big problem if you have the idea to get on an attraction around special times. You get problems in the early morning and you get problems in the afternoon and evening.

The question is: If I pay an entrance fee for a whole day, why do I just get a half day...
    That's so true and it's even more annoying this year, because it's the 20th Anniversary. They started these stupid opening hours in 2010 and it gets worse and worse from year to year. First they started with some minor attractions like The Nautilus and now main rides and restaurants are also used for that.

• Lost Boy

While I think a lot of times the criticism leveled at DLP is too harsh... there are areas that I think it is completely valid and this is one of them. While I am generally don't have major complaints about the food quality (except for the burgers and everything at Cafe Hyperion) the opening hours of the restaurants is very annoying and at times confusing.

I can understand them not wanting to keep ALL the counter service restaurants open all night but I definitely think they need to have more of them open later and they REALLY need to have the hours posted somewhere... preferably on the times guides like WDW... what restaurants are open and when seems to change from day to day and it makes it impossible to plan.

I know one of the arguments against having the counter service locations open late is something along the lines of "the French don't do counter service dinner" so there is supposedly less demand; however, whichever restaurant actually happens to be open is always busy later so you would think they would get the clue that there is demand for it!
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

While on the subject of food, why is the large counter service restaurant in the studios park (opposite rockin roller coaster) still closed?

It looks terrible and very cheap. Is Disney so short on money that they can't use nicer signs.