Disneyland Paris monorail

I was just thinking was there ever any plans for a monorail in DLP? I know DLP is kinda too small for one but I thought it would be cool if it did have one.

Re: Disneyland Paris monorail

Somewhere on the internet, I think it was on the Disney & More Blog, I have seen a concept art showing a monorail with Spaceship Earth in the background. I don't think it was ever planned to build a monorail in Paris. It was just a concept art.

---------- Post added 05-22-2012 at 06:26 PM ----------

I've found the article.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...lanned-to.html

• Not here to help

DLP as it is today might be too small. But in 10 - 15 years perhaps things have changed when the third gate opens. But then again... if DLP is still standing in 10 years I think that is a miracle enough.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    DLP as it is today might be too small. But in 10 - 15 years perhaps things have changed when the third gate opens. But then again... if DLP is still standing in 10 years I think that is a miracle enough.
    Disneyland Paris (and its 2230 hectares) is the second biggest Disney resort in the world, after Walt Disney World of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    Disneyland Paris (and its 2230 hectares) is the second biggest Disney resort in the world, after Walt Disney World of course.
    DLRP certainly is the second biggest Disney resort, but it doesn't make sense to add a monorail. I would love to see one, but I guess it's not going to happen in the next 10 years, if it's ever going to happen.

DL in Anaheim got one, because it was an attraction that Walt Disney absolutly wanted to add to the park. At WDW and Tokyo it serves as a transport service, and both resorts have the money to maintain it. DLP doesn't have the money to either build it or maintain it.

I think there would be better and cheaper ways of transporting guests around the resort than monorail.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkflutterby View Post
    I think there would be better and cheaper ways of transporting guests around the resort than monorail.
    I'm not a big fan of the bus service offered at DLP and so we usually walk to the parks. That's what I really like about DLRP, that everything is in walking distance. I don't mind walking 15 minutes from the hotels to the parks. Until now we have always stayed onsite. That might change next time and I hope the bus service from the non-Disney hotels are also efficient.

If Disney ever decides to add a monorail, it should be a cheaper option than the one in the US. For example an Austrian company developed such a project for Las Vegas.

DCC - Doppelmayr Cable Car

DCC - Doppelmayr Cable Car

Such a transportation system could be used to connect the Village Nature and its waterpark with the Disneyland Resort Hub. I guess even that will be too expensive for DLRP. Maybe the capacity of the tram is too small.

Last edited by DLPfan1992; 05-23-2012 at 03:18 PM.

I totally agree about the bus service. I think if they installed a tram system around the lake for people to get back to there hotels at night, that would be an added bonus....might put the little land train out of business but at 7 euros a trip, he is pricing himself out of the market!

The monorail at Alton Towers looks fine, but the other one looks more like an attraction and not like a transportation system. Unfortunately DLP doesn't have the money to add a monorail.