Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is DLP ruined?

• Hitchhiker

Is DLP ruined?

ToT is visible everywhere from Disneyland Park:
    - Frontierland, Adventureland - even Fantasyland. So much for carefully detailed park. I was already disturbed by the searchlights but now this is bad! Take a look:

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Re: Is DLP ruined?

That is bad show.

However, in Anaheim, you can see DCA's Tower of Terror from Tomorrowland. But you can also see Space Mountain on Main Street, it's not as obvious now that Disneyland CALIFORNIA painted SM white again.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It is only going to get worse as the tower gets taller.

I'm not sure that it will "Ruin" the park, but it will look strange. The biggest problem for the park CMs will be explaining to all the guests that the ride that they see in the distance is in another park.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    The biggest problem for the park CMs will be explaining to all the guests that the ride that they see in the distance is in another park.
    A very good point, Dustysage. They've already got enough trouble explaining the concept of two separate theme parks to a lot of the guests. It seems they don't quite get it.
    I'm really shocked at just how visible ToT is from Fantasyland. I assumed that it would make its presence felt in Frontierland, but it really is dominating the whole resort already!

Disney does not understand its own business anymore.

Fictions require believablity.

• Membre

I'm very shocked by those photos, I was there a few days ago, and didn't notice anything. The tower is growing very fast!!!
    They have to find a solution!!!!!!

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier
    I'm very shocked by those photos, I was there a few days ago, and didn't notice anything. The tower is growing very fast!!!
    They have to find a solution!!!!!!
    They should plant TALL sequoias behind Phantom Manor and the river.

• Membre

I know that that DLP is surrounded by small ridges, they should plant those sequoias on the top, it would work!

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Yeah when we make a theme park mistake in the United States, its best to try to cover it up with 100 foot tall conifers.

Note to self: Plant more Redwoods in DCA.

Do not pannick guys. When you are in Frontierland, you do not see the Tower behind Phantom Manor. The picture was taken from the top of the Robinson Tree. The only place from inside Frontierland from where you see the Tower is from the top of the second lift of BTM. You could say it is a problem. But not more, in my opinion, than seeing Space Mountain from the last lift of the same BTM...

• Official MC Thread Killer

I think you guys are really overreacting. I don't mean to sound rude but just chill out a little bit. It would be kind of hard to diguise a building that tall in a park so close by. I see Tower of Terror from Epcot all the time, let alone the Soarin' show building which can be seen from most sides of World Showcase. I'm sure when DLP had the air balloon rides you could see it from BOTH parks. Yet there still is no reason to complain. Once again... I don't mean to sound rude... but sometimes try not to pick out the little problems and complain about it... I mean come on, just be glad you're AT Disney
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Mmm yes that is an issue of hieght...but that one from Swiss Family Treehouse doesn't count. However that shot from Fantasyland is shocking. I would expect to see more trees planted between DLP and WDS to solve that...we'll see. I mean in WDW you can still see the Contemporary from Liberty Square...and they never tried to rectify that after they added those smaller hub trees for Cinderellabration.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stStarIC2nite
    I think you guys are really overreacting. I don't mean to sound rude but just chill out a little bit. It would be kind of hard to diguise a building that tall in a park so close by. I see Tower of Terror from Epcot all the time, let alone the Soarin' show building which can be seen from most sides of World Showcase. I'm sure when DLP had the air balloon rides you could see it from BOTH parks. Yet there still is no reason to complain. Once again... I don't mean to sound rude... but sometimes try not to pick out the little problems and complain about it... I mean come on, just be glad you're AT Disney
    Preventing visual intrusions is very important because they undermine the believability of the fiction.

The Magic Kingdom needs to be so convincing that someone could shoot a film there.

Imagineering usually flies balloons to test the heights of new developments. But, this hotel tower is a clear contravention of Disney design standards. And, this structure is going to exist in expensive permanence for years to come.

I still don't understand the reason the attraction is being built. It certainly didn't improve D.C.A.'s attendance.

• Hedonist

I can see Space Mountain from Main Street and Frontierland in Disneyland, Sleeping Beauty's Castle from just about everywhere in DLP, Mysterious Island at TDS from Tomorrowland TDL - But in the end I think they all serve as wienies and far better than seeing the convention center or neighboring hotels from just about anywhere in DCA.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    Preventing visual intrusions is very important because they undermine the believability of the fiction.

I still don't understand the reason the attraction is being built. It certainly didn't improve D.C.A.'s attendance.
    About your first comment.... I agree. Even Walt Disney was dismayed by tall signs and buildings around DL in the 50s and 60s which is the reason why the Mk is so far back in the WDW property... Only the Contemporary was meant to be a backdrop to Tomorrowland. But sadly...outside intrusions due occur...even at my beloved TDL, where you can see the neighboring condos just outside TDL from the top of the treehouse and when riding some rides, such as Splash... I guess there is only so much they can cover up. Then, there are the reverse intrusions that destroy the believability of the park..such as the case with Expedition: Everest... a mountain that looks quite real from inside DAK, but from the parking lot and Blizzard Beach's Tower, you can see the plain wall backside of it..killing the illusion before you enter the park. And speaking of mountains... only HKDL has been able to pull this one off..with a real mountain as a back drop that simply adds to the elegant look of, not only the castle as seen from the opposite end of Main Street, but also as a rolling hill backdrop effect from Fantasyland, and an even more convincing jungle backdrop to Adventureland.

As for your 2nd comment... I too agree... TOT will do nothing to help the situation at DLRP (or WDSP for that matter) I welcome any new E-ticket additions to any Disney park but seems to me the situation at DLRP to be a loss cause at this point in time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast