Paramount Park : A competitor to make Euro Disney invest ?

A whole new theme park will open in Murcia (Spain) in 2015 : Paramount Park. Let's hope it will make Euro Disney invest more in new rides just like Disney World VS Universal Orlando Resort, because Disneyland Paris doesn't have a strong competitor for the moment and Spain is a very important market for Disneyland Paris. What do you think?

According to the video below, the lands of Paramount Park will be Paseo Paramount (= Main Street USA?) , Adventure City (= Adventureland?), Rango's West (= Frontierland?), the Enchanted Forest (= Fantasyland?), Plaza Futura (= Tomorrowland?).

Moreover Paramount will build 7 hotels, etc.
    Last edited by Fultimate; 07-20-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Re: Paramount Park : A competitor to make Euro Disney invest ?

The paramount is actually under constructions in Murcia . But as long as there is no real big competitor like Universal Studios . Disney wont do anything .
    If there was a Universal Studios Paris or wherever in Europe and want to drag the same amount of visitors as Disney then there will be a Competitor for DLP .

Europa Park is growing faster than any European Theme Park and their getting better and better every year . They are already attracting 4 millions visitors per year and this is good as a '' Seasonal Park '' .
    HKDL : Done !!!

Let's wait and see what really happens with that park. During the current financial crisis Spain is in, I wouldn't bet that this park will get finished. The park is mainly funded by Spanish banks and now these banks are seeking money from the European Union so that they can survive.

I think in the next ten years the park will not be a major competitor to DLRP. I guess it will be a loal park that mostly people from Spain will visit, like Port Aventura or Warner Bros. in Madrid. Europa Park in Germany will be the biggest competitor of DLRP and in many ways they have already surpassed Disney, especially in terms of quality. You just have to compare the Disney hotels and the Europa Park hotels.

• Not here to help

First of all... I get a Dubailand feeling over this.

7 hotels?! I get DLP feeling over that.

The park itself looks great. But it is nothing more that a copy of Disneyland.
    Some really thrilling rides and some really innovative as it looks.
    But Rango´s West and Rango´s coaster ...and probably Rango´s restrooms. Who has seen that movie anyway?

Are people forgetting PortAventura?

DLP should not get investment´s to keep up with competitors but rather to keep up with itself.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• will-o-the-whip

Looks good but...
    seven hotels is ridiculous overkill.
    too many 3D and 4D shows/rides, and not enough dark rides with "real" physicality.
    due to the ongoing financial crisis in Spain, I doubt this project will happen.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

I like how they are using some of the currently popular ride technologies, like the trackless vehicles and the Simulator/HMV Hybrid. But, I'm surprised that Transformers is not there (even though it was released by them.) But I think that's because of attraction rights to Universal?

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    Looks good but...
    seven hotels is ridiculous overkill.
    From the recent reports I've read, it seems the budget for the resort area surrounding the theme park has been scaled back considerably, so the number of hotels will probably be far less than seven. Which is a good thing, because I agree with you - seven would have been too much. (Paging Michael Eisner...)

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    due to the ongoing financial crisis in Spain, I doubt this project will happen.
    Admittedly, it's a dicey prospect, but let's not forget that large projects are still going ahead across the continent, despite the financial crisis. It's quite possible that the local authorities see this park as a means to lift the area out of a downward spiral. You gotta spend money to make money, as they say. Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

I'm still not sure about that park and I don't know if I would visit it on purpose, like Disney. The only area I would be interested in is Star Trek.

Do we know if Paramount is also investing into this project, or did a Spanish company obtain the licence from Paramount?

I hope they calculated the attendance numbers right, otherwise I doubt that this park will exist a long time. I stil think it will be more of a local park than an international destination like Disney.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Europe's lack of spending is bringing down the global economy as we speak.. and Spain's micro situation is one of the worst on the continent.

No one should be worried about competition.. they should be worried about having any guests willing to spend period.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Doombuggy Rider

This almost looks like land originally meant for a Universal Studios Theme Park (it does look impressive, it would be nice if this Paramount Theme Park encourages Disney-Paris to add more to their Theme Park - alas, the economic decline in Europe is taking a toll on any future plans that are not already financed) ...

CJ

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor