Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Euro Disney SCA can't afford opening Autopia and Armageddon Special Effects

From now, Armageddon: Les Effets Spéciaux will be closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays even during the high season! The special effects in this show seem to be too expensive for Euro Disney.

The very popular Autopia will be closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from September. The ride apparently needs too much casts members and Euro Disney wants to save money even if guests are disappointed.

Moreover, it's possible that Le Pays des Contes de Fées and Casey Jr - Circus Train, which are very popular amongst kids, close on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Captain EO is now closed for a mysterious reason.

I think that's not acceptable!

Information available on : Closures & Refurbishments • Calendar • DLRP Magic! - Disneyland Paris calendar, dates, times

• Suspended

Re: Euro Disney SCA can't afford opening Autopia and Armageddon Special Effects

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    From now, Armageddon: Les Effets Spéciaux will be closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays even during the high season! The special effects in this show seem to be too expensive for Euro Disney.

The very popular Autopia will be closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from September. The ride apparently needs too much casts members and Euro Disney wants to save money even if guests are disappointed.

Moreover, it's possible that Le Pays des Contes de Fées and Casey Jr - Circus Train, which are very popular amongst kids, close on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

I think that's not acceptable!

Information available on : Closures & Refurbishments • Calendar • DLRP Magic! - Disneyland Paris calendar, dates, times

Wow, now this is depressing. Euro Disney really needs to deliver to it's guests the experiences and quality available in the states. Why would anyone want to go to Disneyland Paris now if you could just as easily go to WDW which offers more to do, nicer hotels, better weather, and beaches close by. It is a shame that Euro Disney cannot provide a product that the Disney name requires.

Why not just close all of Walt Disney Studios and only open it in the summer mounts. Make it a seasonal park like the rest in Europe while keeping Disneyland Park open all year round. This way they can focus on the main park without keeping the second one running.

If the hotels are still a problem, how about leasing one or two of them to companies like Marriott or Starwood. In WDW Disney leased to Shades of Green and the Swan and Dolphin. Euro Disney can give these companies a 10 year lease perhaps to operate for example Hotel Santa Fe and Newport Bay Club where Disney still operates Hotel New York, Disneyland Hotel, Sequoia Lodge, and Hotel Cheynee. When they are financially stable, the lease can be terminated and the hotels brought under Disney's ownership again.

Remember Euro Disney, it takes money to spend money and that WDW is just a few hours away; do not loose all your customers to the states.

• Not here to help

This is really really sad. Imagine that most the next generation in Europe will not get the chance to know these attractions. Autopia is one of all Disneyland´s staple rides.

I know about the hotels and debt and stuff... but come on! How long times does a company get to fix it´s economy. They have had decades to make things better.

...and meanwhile on the european forums people are celebrating the fact that a crane has showed up on the ratatouille ride area.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    In WDW Disney leased to Shades of Green and the Swan and Dolphin.
    Not that I am not shocked as well, Disney sold Shades of Green to the US DOD and Swan and Dolphin were never owned by Disney, but built to get out of a lawsuit by Tishman. Just so we're being accurate.

That's unbelievable!!!! That's so typical Disneyland Paris.

In my opinion Disney should put the consruction of Ratatouille on hold. I know WDSP needs all the help it can get, but all the money should be used to improve the condition of the parks and for CMs to operate ALL attractions EVERY DAY from PARK OPENING to PARK CLOSING. There is no big difference when WDSP doesn't have Ratatouille in the next years, but it makes a big difference in guest experience when every attraction is open.

---------- Post added 07-31-2012 at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    Wow, now this is depressing. Euro Disney really needs to deliver to it's guests the experiences and quality available in the states. Why would anyone want to go to Disneyland Paris now if you could just as easily go to WDW which offers more to do, nicer hotels, better weather, and beaches close by. It is a shame that Euro Disney cannot provide a product that the Disney name requires.

Why not just close all of Walt Disney Studios and only open it in the summer mounts. Make it a seasonal park like the rest in Europe while keeping Disneyland Park open all year round. This way they can focus on the main park without keeping the second one running.

If the hotels are still a problem, how about leasing one or two of them to companies like Marriott or Starwood. In WDW Disney leased to Shades of Green and the Swan and Dolphin. Euro Disney can give these companies a 10 year lease perhaps to operate for example Hotel Santa Fe and Newport Bay Club where Disney still operates Hotel New York, Disneyland Hotel, Sequoia Lodge, and Hotel Cheynee. When they are financially stable, the lease can be terminated and the hotels brought under Disney's ownership again.
    ED SCA does have a problem with the hotels, but it's a positive one. They need another hotel, either a Deluxe or a Budget hotel, because they need more rooms in these segments. The hotel occupancy rate is very good for Europe.

You just have to read the Annual Report. The big problem is the debt, because the cash flow isn't bad either, but the debts consume all the money. That's why ED SCA tries to pay back as much as possible currently, just to reduce the interest rate. In my opinion they are doing that in a bad way, because they try to save as much money as possible and that causes inconvenience for guests. If I'm not mistaken they plan to repay €250mio alone this year.

• Minion

Reading things like this makes me wonder why Disney is so invested in building international resorts. Once the product is built, it's left there to deteriorate. Doesn't Disney care about quality control?

That's unbelievable!!!! That's so typical Disneyland Paris.

In my opinion Disney should put the consruction of Ratatouille on hold. I know WDSP needs all the help it can get, but all the money should be used to improve the condition of the parks and for CMs to operate ALL attractions EVERY DAY from PARK OPENING to PARK CLOSING. There is no big difference when WDSP doesn't have Ratatouille in the next years, but it makes a big difference in guest experience when every attraction is open.
    I argee with you here...
    Somehow i get the feeling that a few weeks after the opening of Ratatouille the attractions
    effects ect won´t work anymore and nobody cares about it.

ED SCA does have a problem with the hotels, but it's a positive one. They need another hotel, either a Deluxe or a Budget hotel, because they need more rooms in these segments. The hotel occupancy rate is very good for Europe.

You just have to read the Annual Report. The big problem is the debt, because the cash flow isn't bad either, but the debts consume all the money. That's why ED SCA tries to pay back as much as possible currently, just to reduce the interest rate. In my opinion they are doing that in a bad way, because they try to save as much money as possible and that causes inconvenience for guests. If I'm not mistaken they plan to repay €250mio alone this year.
    Still wonder myself, if it would not be the best for TWDC to make another company in france or another country in europe, with enough money to buy out DLP and let EDSCA get bankrupt. You remember the funny rumours about a buy out from another company, why not doing it that way. The new company dosent have to be called Disney..

But hey, why should i care, i wasn´t the stupid person, who wanted and did build the Park in France!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baby-T View Post
    I argee with you here...
    Somehow i get the feeling that a few weeks after the opening of Ratatouille the attractions
    effects ect won´t work anymore and nobody cares about it.
    You can bet on that!

Still wonder myself, if it would not be the best for TWDC to make another company in france or another country in europe, with enough money to buy out DLP and let EDSCA get bankrupt. You remember the funny rumours about a buy out from another company, why not doing it that way. The new company dosent have to be called Disney..

But hey, why should i care, i wasn´t the stupid person, who wanted and did build the Park in France!!
    If they just hadn't used the numbers from WDW to calculate attendance for DLP, the resort would be fine.

I'm not sure if it is that easy to form a new company that buys ED SCA, since the French Government is involved and many big banks as well. And under French Law a foreign company is not allowed to own the whole company, that's why they chose that legal structure which gives TWDC the whole control, but the own only 39,8 % of ED SCA.

Wasn't it a German or a Swiss company that announced the take over, but no one knew anything and then nobody showed up at the press conference?

If they just hadn't used the numbers from WDW to calculate attendance for DLP, the resort would be fine.

I'm not sure if it is that easy to form a new company that buys ED SCA, since the French Government is involved and many big banks as well. And under French Law a foreign company is not allowed to own the whole company, that's why they chose that legal structure which gives TWDC the whole control, but the own only 39,8 % of ED SCA.

Wasn't it a German or a Swiss company that announced the take over, but no one knew anything and then nobody showed up at the press conference?
    Don´t think it´s that easy, but the thought was nice hihi^^
    Maybe TWDC can somehow payback all the depts behind the back of the French Government. Don´t know but there are always ways to do it.

Yeah i think it was a Swiss company but am not sure...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post

I don't think the reason is particularly mysterious.....
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Suspended

Just make WDS a seasonal park and DLP a full year park so they do not have to worry about operating costs for a whole park for half a year. Only until they are on better financial standing.

Nara dreamland, is that you?

Nah, but this is upsetting. I hate to see this happening! I really hope attendance goes up so they get more money! And I also hope they stop blowing it out on expansions for other parks, when this one hasn't had a huge one nearly as recent as the others.

Autopia is incredibly slow and Armageddon is dull. However, paying guests deserve to have the rides open. I've been pricing out a trip for my family this year and since the 20th anniversary celebration started, prices have more than tripled, but they can't find the money to operate their rides? DLP has got some serious issues that are keeping me away.

• Musical Fireman

Why can't the whole resort be owned by an outside company and do what businesses do in franchising they can use the Disney name but give them a percentage of the profits. That's what they did in Tokyo with the Oriental Land co. I believe.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast