• Diamond In The Rough

No Round-Up Love for Paris?

Just a quick thread to point out that DLRP doesn't seem to get much publicity in the Mice-Chat round up. I know we're not the most populated section of the site, but threads such as Theming of DLP Hotels -Offensive?and Disney Village - The Future are just 2 of the interesting topics that I believe fans of ALL Disney parks can relate to. (And who doesn't have an opinion on the ToT?)

I don't mean to sound bitter or jealous of DLRP's big brothers, but I'd like to hear your opinions on the state of the DLRP forum - does DLRP make any more impact on an international level than HDL or TDL? Should it? Do you like it the way it is? Would you like more input from people who have never set foot in the park? Or are the loyal few keeping the balance correct?

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• Watch Your Language

Re: No Round-Up Love for Paris?

DLRP and HKDL are tied together as far as the consolidation of accounts(DLRP and HKDL) on Disney's annual report is concerned.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Sorry about that PeaJay. You can help the roudup crew identify possible threads by sending a PM to BigDaddyKyle and Fishbulb no later than Sunday of each week. Please include a brief description of the thread and a link to it.

Thank you for your help and your interest in this part of the site!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18
    I'd like to hear your opinions on the state of the DLRP forum - does DLRP make any more impact on an international level than HDL or TDL? Should it? Do you like it the way it is? Would you like more input from people who have never set foot in the park? Or are the loyal few keeping the balance correct?
    -I always welcome opinions on DLRP as a Micechat participant.
    -Inpact? Yes and no. It reminds everyone that even Disney Co. is no genius, and no.. interms of inpact with guests.. I think TDR has the advantage.
    -Should it? No. It's the most un-Disney of the MKs even if it is the prettiest... Very poorly maintained and CMs who are not all that savy about Disney's Traditions it seems. Only my opinion based on past experiences while at the park.
    -It would be nice if others interested more in DLRP came forward and asked questions or participated but that won't be the case because most everyone think they will never go there. Same rings true for the HKDL and especially the TDR forums.
    -The loyal few keeping balance?? I'd guess so.

• Small Projects Team

I'll be visiting DLP next summer. I'm a long time Disneyland fan just because of my location. But I was at DLP during its opening (my dad worked for Imagineering and we got to live in Paris for a year when I was only 4, and he worked on some rides there). I have many memories of the place, many better than the ones I have of Disneyland, and I'd like to be able to go back and confirm them.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18
    Just a quick thread to point out that DLRP doesn't seem to get much publicity in the Mice-Chat round up.

I don't mean to sound bitter or jealous of DLRP's big brothers, but I'd like to hear your opinions on the state of the DLRP forum.
    Such a good point. Thank you for bringing it out. The off shore (from a US standpoint) Disney Parks are categorized together when handing out the assignments for the news crew and at times it is a little overwhelming to have to cover them all. As Dustysage mentioned BigDaddyKyle or myself would welcome any PM's that point us to interesting links about the off shore parks.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Diamond In The Rough

Thanks to Dusty and Fishbulb for replying so quickly and helpfully. I was fretting that my original post came over as too whiney, but now I know how we can get involved in raising the DLRP profile a bit here on MC I'm sure we can look forward to some even more interesting and varied point of views!
    Last edited by PeaJay18; 01-28-2006 at 03:10 PM.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Quote Originally Posted by mattjbhs
    I have many memories of the place, many better than the ones I have of Disneyland, and I'd like to be able to go back and confirm them.
    That's right for most of them but don't forget that Le Visionarium has Closed Last year .
    HKDL : Done !!!