Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Not here to help

Re: Walt Disney Studios Park--A Review

Im thinking of DisneySEA in Tokyo. That park started with a few rides and shows but with the most solid foundation Disney has ever made. Even if the park really only had a few rides and shows all of them were solid and a perfect fit for the park and calling it the best themed place on earth was to be moderate.
    Today that park has grown and offers both small and big rides, both small and big(gest) shows and totally outshines any other themepark.

The only thing that looks somewhat good is the gate to WDS. The rest is just like pile of junk on parkinglot. The only things that they have got right in that place that fits the parks parkinglot theme is the Stars n Cars "parade".

DCA has a really nice face today. I only wish they would have more rides and shows themed to California... but it is good enough to be the neighbour to the original Disneyland.

I dont see that much potential in WDS. It would take about a billion dollars to make into a well deserved neighbour of Disneyland Paris.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Bangarang!

^Exactly, and even if they did through a billion at WDS it would still have oddities like Tower being where it is.

I would love to see how they would incorporate it into the land better if they were given the chance. They managed to work wonders with DCA so I'm sure they could do the same with the 'mistake'... sorry WDS.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Suspended

The Tower placement really screwed up any good plan for expansion. It was foolish for them to build it so close to the center of the park without a grand entrance leading up to it. All of the Towers in other parks are located on the outer edges not to interfere with sight lines from other areas but in Paris they made it seem like the icon. The reason they placed it there though was to A: have it visible from outside the park in the esplanade so people will want to go to it like a wienie; B: they were too cheap to build a proper walkway to get to the ride like in Florida so they put it in the middle so there would be no need for excess infrastructure; and C: because there was no central icon outside of Disney Studio 1, guests saw how banal the park really was and how there was nothing to do.

They need to provide a master plan for expansion so every new project does not just ruin any possible expansion.

With the tower in such a central location, it will be very difficult to provide a true park icon like at DHS, Epcot, DAK, DCA and TDS. Also, the placement makes it very hard to fit into the surroundings.

• Not here to help

The closest thing to an icon would be Studio 1.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Senior Minion

Is the Ear-full Tower (sp?) not still there? Not that it compares strucurally with the likes of Spaceship Earth or Grizzly Peak.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Bangarang!

Yes the 'La Tour Earful' is still there, and before Tower it did work a nice double act with Studio 1 (visually speaking).

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Minion

WDS needs a makeover maybe even just tear out the whole entrance including tower and do it right this time, I know tearing down the tower would be a lot of money and work but it needs to be done and maybe build a better version somewhere else in the park. IMHO I think it might need more then a billion dollars might as well close it for a year and fix it up. I know it wouldn't be smart to close it but i needs to be done IMO.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

I've been to the Paris parks with my family 3 times now. WDS is definitely weak and the tour is a complete joke. However, Crush is one of the best coasters I've ever ridden. The part that has not been mentioned yet is that WDS screwed up again by not adding FP to Crush. Unreal. The only way I've not waited 2 hours is to line up at the gate at 0930. At 1000 when the park opens, you make a mad dash with everyone else to Crush where another rope awaits you. At about 1010 the ride opens, you get through the line in 5 minutes and are off by 1015. That's the poor man's FP and gets you through in 45 minutes.

My kids love Cinemagique. Animagique is okay. Another down side is, like the rest of Europe, no A/C!!!! Studio 1 is smelly and sweaty in the summer. Same goes for the Ani/Cine theaters. The hotels are hot, too. Not sure about the rooms, but the Davy Crockett Ranch has awesome A/Cs inside.

I have yet to see the park after dark. Each time I've gone, the park closed at 1800, so all the CMs are shooing guests out while the sun is far from setting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12