Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Les Villages Nature

Quote Originally Posted by traumwelt View Post
    WHen the park first opened, there was enough space to visit the park for the day and then enjoy an evening in the lobby / cafes of one of the hotels. Now it is just OVERRUN (and LOUD) with guest who have nowhere to go. They just need more rooms, it seems. Yeah, overall, I think this will help. But man o man does that whole resort need some TLC. The lasst time I went I was in shock at the condition it was in. I remember there was a chair floating in one of the ponds in Adventureland covered in algae because its removal must have been ignored for a long time. There was trash thrown into many scenes of the attractions too.
    When have you been the last time to DLRP? We have been in 2010 the last time and back then I was surprised how good the park looked. According to friends, who visit twice a year, the parks really went downhill during the last two years. Although there has been a major refurbishment program, it was only done on the outside. The attractions still need a lot of attention.

The reason I think why Les Villages Natures could be a success, is that the same people who visit DLP also visit Center Parcs. Both are focused on families and so they can combine both destinations instead of only visiting CP or DLRP.

• ɦɑʋʂ ɵɟ ɑɱɑɾʋ

The renderings look good. Whether it would work or not, I don't know.

Am I right saying that it's just like Center Parcs?

It might work like Downtown Disney or Disney Village in the way they aren't theme parks but other recreational areas. However, this is on a much bigger scale and I think a lot of people wouldn't have time to it as they may not stay very long as DLP is very expensive and people will rather go to the theme parks.

• mmh... doesn't work...

According to Pierre & vacances studies, the Villages Nature project is not intended as a way to provide more accomodation for tourits visiting DLP, but as a resort destination on its own. People staying at the Villages Nature may visit DLP but will probably spend most of their time onsite (so pretty much like your standard Center Parcs).

Regarding financing, it won't be too costly for Eurodisney and Pierre & vacances, as they will only buy and landscape the land. Everything else will be financed by investors. All the accomodations will be paid for by small investors (France offers very generous tax breaks for this kind of investments).
    For the biggest infrastuctures (swimming pools, restaurants and bars, etc...), Pierre & vacances usually turns to institutional investors or sometimes even the local government/town/region. Pierre & vacances is very experienced in this kind of project, and has been operating this way for over 40 years.

Presentation video of Villages Nature (in English, of course), which will open in 2016 :

I think it looks nice. Would be a nice side trip from DLP

This is exactly where I would love to stay if visiting a Disney park. What a difference in the aesthetic that attract an American / European audience. I cannt wait to visit this. I love the theme parks, but you need to get away from CORPORATION in your face.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12