Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Les Villages Nature

Anyone hear any news on the planning / construction of "Les Villages Nature"?
    Last edited by traumwelt; 08-14-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: spelling error

Re: Les Villages Nature

Opening date : 2016. It's not going to be a Disney resort. This project is a waste of time, a waste of energy and a waste of money.

Really? It's not going to be a Disney resort!?! I can't seem to find any information on it at all, just the same poorly-made concepts of what it will look like. I thought Joe Rhode was involved in this...
    Last edited by traumwelt; 08-15-2012 at 08:11 AM. Reason: gramar editing

• Senior Minion

As a frequent visitor to Center Parcs and Disney Theme Parks, I would LOVE to see a combination of the two.

Davy Crockett Ranch but on a much bigger scale and including all of the activities one would expect at Center Parcs.

With the CP brand so big in Europe, I consider this a no-brainer.

Of course the current financial situation relegates this idea to 'pipe dream'.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

I really like the design of it. They designers tooks some influences from Friedensreich Hundertwasser. There are some great buildings designed by him here in Austria.

For example:
    https://www.google.at/search?hl=de&q...NsnBtAb05IHwCg

I think it's a good addition to the resort. Center Parks is very popular in Europe and so it might draw more visitors to that area and I guess some of them will visit the parks as well.

I just hope that the water park will also be open for Disney hotel guests.

Yeah, I'm really excited about it actually. I think the design concepts look interesting, just wish they were a little better executed or at least contained more detail / information.

Wer baut das alles eigentlich, wenn nicht Disney? Ich dachte, das war Disney... Na ja... trotzdem freue ich mich darueber!

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by traumwelt View Post
    Yeah, I'm really excited about it actually. I think the design concepts look interesting, just wish they were a little better executed or at least contained more detail / information.

Wer baut das alles eigentlich, wenn nicht Disney? Ich dachte, das war Disney... Na ja... trotzdem freue ich mich darueber!

;-)
    It's a joint venture between Euro Disney SCA and Pierre & Vacances, the company that runs Center Parcs, but Joe Rohde of WDI is part of the design team.

By the way: Herzlich Willkommen!!

I thought so. Someone posted above that it's not going to be a Disney resort. Anyway, I'm really excited about this and I think its just the direction the resort needs: there are people to whom this will def. appeal that would otherwise not come to the parks.

And... DANKE! Darf man hier auf Deutsch schreiben??

• Not here to help

I donīt know much about this project and I donīt care. If Disney has anything to do with it they are wasting time and money. The very last thing the resort needs is more land devoted not to the parks. The both parks both need some serious upgrades.
    DLP has not got anything new in decades (yea yea I know they put a fountain infront of the fireworks).
    WDS is one big mess with a blend of a parking lot and a movie studio garden with toys. The rat will not do anything good for WDS. It will just mess up the theme even further.

A NEW E-ticket for DLP and everything new for WDS. After that... then build a third park.
    DLP needs to start to buy some powerball tickets to have any chance of correcting the decade old mistakes the way they handle their money.

Nature village... tsss
    ...even more people to complain about the loud fireworks.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

hey timmy timmy timmy -

i agree that the resort is in need of help. i was there the opening week and many, many times within the following years. it was BEAUTIFUL when it opened. and there were so many unique shops, fantastic restaurants, and quiet little places just there for the sake of being there. now it just seems so cheap. i was last there in 2007. it was dirty, dumbed-down, and, i don't know, just not the same as the beautiful park i knew. i don't think i will go back for a long, long time.

i love the idea of "villages nature" but perhaps you're right: the park is need of so much more at the moment...

:-(

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by traumwelt View Post
    hey timmy timmy timmy -

i agree that the resort is in need of help. i was there the opening week and many, many times within the following years. it was BEAUTIFUL when it opened. and there were so many unique shops, fantastic restaurants, and quiet little places just there for the sake of being there. now it just seems so cheap. i was last there in 2007. it was dirty, dumbed-down, and, i don't know, just not the same as the beautiful park i knew. i don't think i will go back for a long, long time.

i love the idea of "villages nature" but perhaps you're right: the park is need of so much more at the moment...

:-(
    Sometimes Disney semes to forget that it all evolves around the parks and rides. They canīt build more things around the parks than the park crowd can handle. But that is what they did in DLP.

HKDL is shaping up to be a real Disneyland like the others and DCA is just great. What everybody is waiting for is the one billion dollars minimum needed to transform WDS from a place for idiots to a Disneypark.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Yeah, until they are committed to TRANSFORMING the parks, I really don't see any of the "improvements" urging me to make a visit. Psris was (in the first couple years it opened) my FAVORITE park. Not anymore.

I totally agree that the parks and hotels should come first. Disney should fix all the problems first and then they should think about joint ventures with others. However there is a need for more rooms and a joint venture helps to lower the risks for Disney and I'm sure this project will be a success like all other Center Parcs. I guess I'm so excited about that project because of the fantastic design. Many don't like it, but I think it looks great.

• Tomorrow's Child

Well I guess they're hoping that it'll draw no end of additional visitors... and here's hoping it does. We don't need another slew of unoccupied rooms.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    However there is a need for more rooms and a joint venture helps to lower the risks for Disney.
    WHen the park first opened, there was enough space to visit the park for the day and then enjoy an evening in the lobby / cafes of one of the hotels. Now it is just OVERRUN (and LOUD) with guest who have nowhere to go. They just need more rooms, it seems. Yeah, overall, I think this will help. But man o man does that whole resort need some TLC. The lasst time I went I was in shock at the condition it was in. I remember there was a chair floating in one of the ponds in Adventureland covered in algae because its removal must have been ignored for a long time. There was trash thrown into many scenes of the attractions too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast