Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• DisneyParks Fan

Re: [Breaking News] Walt Disney Co. Considers Buyout of Struggling Disneyland Paris

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    ...and still they have failed like no other company before.
    And that's nothing to do with the fact that Disneyland Paris have been built in France!

Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!

Re: [Breaking News] Walt Disney Co. Considers Buyout of Struggling Disneyland Paris

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandParis View Post
    And that's nothing to do with the fact that Disneyland Paris have been built in France!
    Of course not. That would have happened in every other country as well, maybe even in worse way, since the French Government provided many financial advantages and land rights. Back then Europe was hit by an economic downturn and TWDC calculated with the WDW attendance numbers. The budget had to be increased several times and they built way too many hotels.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The biggest hurdle is the debt. The Walt Disney Company clearly has cash and assets that could be used as collateral while simultaneously funding new investments that only increase/defer payment of the debt load.
    As Dagobert said, I don't think the debt is going to be repaid immediately. It'll sit there, perhaps with the company making payments over the course of many, many years. But I think their first priority is to increase attendance and quality of the park. Paying off the debt doesn't mean it won't go into debt again. DLP definitely needs a lot of new investments, but beyond that, more reasons to visit. Why go to DLP when so many attractions are found elsewhere? Why go when you have so much rich culture and sights to see around the city?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I too did not expect the debt to be paid immediately, and said as much. But accord to the Spirit, this may transpire because the banks are setting up to call Euro Disney SCA's debt in full. If this is the case, it would very much change the situation.

• Minion

I too did not expect the debt to be paid immediately, and said as much. But accord to the Spirit, this may transpire because the banks are setting up to call Euro Disney SCA's debt in full. If this is the case, it would very much change the situation.
    If the Walt Disney Co. bought out DLP, is there a chance banks would defer payment of the debt? Why would WDC take the hit now and not after?

7.06 EUR 37.09%

Nyse EuroTemps réel

More than 7 € !!

French banks are also getting through rough times and so maybe they are forcing Disney to repay all the debts. Maybe there is more happening in the background than we might think. Why the buyout now? Why not a year ago or ten years ago? I still think that it was just a story in the news and nothing will happen at all.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandParis View Post
    I never said I did either. I also never said anything about bad about the location.

What is your take on this? Is this also no big deal like when Big Thunder Mountain derailed and when the sewers overflowed in DLP?

Paris is the best location in the world. Still with all that potential they have not managed to make DLP anything like a Disneypark should be. Dirty, smelly and with rides that are potentially dangerous due to lack of care. Not to speak of the rude CMs.

Please Disney... save this place from the incompetent fools that run it.

---------- Post added 08-27-2012 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    French banks are also getting through rough times and so maybe they are forcing Disney to repay all the debts. Maybe there is more happening in the background than we might think. Why the buyout now? Why not a year ago or ten years ago? I still think that it was just a story in the news and nothing will happen at all.
    I think that everybody involved has realised that this project has been one of the biggest mistakes in any companys history. Decades of money being flushed down the toilets. Nobody can understand why they haven´t done anything before it got to this point.
    Disney perhaps understands that either they close down the entire resort or they save it just to save the remainder of the brands name.

DLP should not have to be the big shame another decade.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 08-27-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

To acquire Euro Disney, The Walt Disney Company would have to pay 160 millions € : The price of an E-ticket!

• Cool Yule

^Considering what they get, it's a bargain. well so long as you don't include the debt for a moment.

Still though, even taking on the debt and the further expenditure into consideration it could be considered a good investment.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    ^Considering what they get, it's a bargain. well so long as you don't include the debt for a moment.

Still though, even taking on the debt and the further expenditure into consideration it could be considered a good investment.
    I doubt that this would be final price. I'm sure TWDC has to pay a premium price and not the current share value. In my opinion it would be beyond 300mio Euros. Still not that much.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    To acquire Euro Disney, The Walt Disney Company would have to pay 160 millions € : The price of an E-ticket!
    Disney would be crazy not to do it! Even if it was 200 Millions it would be a catch.

...and then fire everbody that had anything to do with the "old" terrible DLP.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    ...and then fire everbody that had anything to do with the "old" terrible DLP.
    They are all there with Disney's approval.

They are all there with Disney's approval.
    TWDC is responsible for appointing the management team at DLP, so blaming only Philippe Gas and his team is wrong. TWDC has a lot of influence in ED SCA, you just have to read the Annual Reports and the legal informations.

Hemmm, first of all sorry for my English, I'm Italian and do not write in English often...
    Let me say... Disneyland Paris is not an economical failure despite what they want us to believe. I try to explain myself: DLP has a big debt but..with who? WDC and french banks, obviously, but a big part of debt with WDC is due to the buying of new rides from WDC itself (so they do a debt with the controlling company) ad repaid from all the royalties... the other big part is with banks that are controlled by the french state who receive a lot of taxes for EVERY buying and selling inside the resort (from plush to coffe) and from salary of every worker of DLP.
    So every money spent in what looks like a blackhole, just come back from royalities, taxes, economy growth etc etc. That's why DLP is still alive . If WDC buys DLP, a big part of it's debt will desappear, the reason is that DLP has a debt with WDS itself... like a mother who lend some money to his child to buy a dress which she must buy in every case.. just to give him the feeling to be a "big boy" .

Andrea

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast