Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: [Breaking News] Walt Disney Co. Considers Buyout of Struggling Disneyland Paris

Quote Originally Posted by Baby-T View Post
    Here we are again, the Marketing...
    I realy donīt wanna know how many Millions of Euros they lost just because
    at DLP are working just Idiots in the Marketing department...

I realy can just speak for Germany. Lets go back to the time Toon Studios and Tower of Terror opend. This would have been the big chance to do great advertisment, to bring back the germans to the Parks, but they didnīt. Till today no Advertisment is done for the Parks in Germany.
    The funny thing is, the Peeps from Germany love to do theyīre vacations, and they spend a lot on it, what a missed opportunity.

At the moment Germany has the lowest Workless people, so a lot of peeps have the money to visit DLP but with no advertisment, why should they go there!? Its again a missed Oportunity to get the Germany Money into the Parks... Stupid Idiots, if i see a country with peeps who love to spend money on vacations i try to get them all and theyīre good money.! but DLP isnīt in need of it i think...
    I couldn't agree more. Although I'm Austrian I consider myself a German when talking here, because Austria is part of the German market for Disney. We have a stable economy, a real low number of workless people and many people spending their money on holidays. However it seems Disney doesn't want to capatilize on that. They are still advertising the resort heavily in Spain, despite the economic crisis. I don't say that Disney should concentrate on Germany, I think they should also try to get people from all over Europe to Paris.

By the way TOT was advertised in Austria, but not by Disney. Ford ran some commercials about Disneyland Paris over here. Back then that company was a sponsor of the resort.

I also don't have a problem that the park mainly uses English and French. I think that's enough. There are guides available in all kind of languages that provide informations.

A friend of mine had the opportunity to talk to an employee of DLP. He told him that Disney made surveys in many European countries and that Germany didn't respond well on DLP. That's one reason why it wasn't advertised more.

Re: [Breaking News] Walt Disney Co. Considers Buyout of Struggling Disneyland Paris

Let's be honest, it's not like people in Europe do not know Disneyland Paris exists. But to be honest (as someone who has visited in the last few years) if somebody were to make a first time visit at the moment they would be unlikely to return.Quality speaks for itself and currently the quality is not there. Yes, Disneyland park was the most beautifully designed park, but it has been diluted by bad planning decisions and poor design and upkeep. I'm thinking of eyesores such as buzz light year, overflowing shops covered in 'sale' signs, dire cleanliness, poor placement ofNew rides e.g Indiana jones, tacky character additions, and a general thorough disrespect for what the initial imagineers created. I was sad to ride pirates of the Caribbean, it was in such a awful state.People feel when something is not up to par, and even a first time visitor would notice these things, they may not identify the details but dlp is no longer a quality product, it is like a beautiful dog that has been dressed up in a knock off mickey mouse costume someone found in the bargain basement of the supermarket. As it currently is I would not let anyone I know visit. And I do not want them to advertise in new markets. Fix the product first, don't dilute the brand any more than it already has been.Harsh words I know, but as someone who loves Disney, and loved Disneyland paris, iv finally realised that we are living on cloud nine as fans if we think what is currently there is quality.Walt Disney company should take full control and bring in a strong team to fix this mess. Visit Disneyland in california and then tell me things are fine at Disneyland Paris!

Quote Originally Posted by englishdfan View Post
    Let's be honest, it's not like people in Europe do not know Disneyland Paris exists. But to be honest (as someone who has visited in the last few years) if somebody were to make a first time visit at the moment they would be unlikely to return.Quality speaks for itself and currently the quality is not there. ......
    Again its' not about the quality it's abut the marketing.
    1) People don't know that there is a Disneyland.
    2) The kids don't know what is disneyland. (you will not be able shoot ad "magic begin moment you tell them" )
    3) Kids friends weren't at disneyland.
    3) Trips to disneyland are not offered by travel agencies. (most likely it's another DLRP problem)

So even when there willl be "turkish toilets", with good matketing it will be be best place on the earth.

Ok agreed the marketing is awful, but surely we all agree that the problems at dlp are not because of terrible attendance, they are much more complex than that and go far deeper than simply an attendance boost. in its current state people will not return, I won't until WDC buys out. Marketing will not solve the fact that Disneyland Paris is a shadow of its former self.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345